PDA

View Full Version : Missed Bets Galore?

Jeffage
10-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Five-handed 50-100 game. I have A /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and open for a raise in the cutoff. Only the BB calls. Flop is 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. He checks, I bet, he raises and I call. The turn is the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. He bets and I call. The river is the 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. He bets and I call. Opponent seems typical, not overly aggressive in my limited experience.

Jeff

partygirluk
10-22-2005, 10:04 PM
I would raise turn, because from bitter experience I can say they never ever believe you have an Ace there.

tongni
10-22-2005, 10:43 PM
I raise the turn, because it seems like I do it a lot when I don't have an ace too.

Jeffage
10-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Ok, not interesting I guess. He had QJ and I won. So, if I had raised somewhere, he may or may not have paid off, but he also had 5 outs (though a bet went in on every street).

Jeff

SmileyEH
10-23-2005, 11:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but he also had 5 outs

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this pretty important? He could also be semibluffing with a club draw - I'd hate to see him checkfold the river on you.

-SmileyEH

10-23-2005, 11:53 PM
I would raise the turn. I doubt a you'll be reraised here with anything less than Aces up but you'll most likely get paid off by his (probable) pair of Queens. Plus you want to make him pay if he's semi-bluffing with a draw on the turn since he's not going to call a river bet if this is the case.

gonores
10-23-2005, 11:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise the turn, because it seems like I do it a lot when I don't have an ace too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is too important for me not to emphasize.

gm4351
10-24-2005, 12:31 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but at best you have 3 outs and getting only 7.5 to 1 i think it's an easy fold on the flop. further, if you're really putting him on the semi-bluff for the club draw then you're ace-high might be good, but i don't think enough. fold to the check-raise and wait for a better spot. maybe with your back door straight draw you might be able to give yourself another 1/2 out considering the club draw.

mscags
10-24-2005, 12:42 PM
Jeff, what was your reasoning exactly for not raising? Did you not want to lose him or did you have some type of read on him? Seems like an easy raise for value unless I'm missing something.

pipes
10-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Jeff (or anyone else), can someone discuss the thoughts behind the flop call and what to do on the turn if it does not improve your hand.

Playing shorthanded, I never know how to handle a checkraise in this situation after making the automatic flop bet. If he is checkraising you with any pair you are quite an underdog. Against two clubs you may be 50/50. Even against a complete bluff you are not a huge favorite.

Sometimes, I might check the flop here to avoid being predictable, avoid predictaments like this, and also to cover for the times when I might want to check a monster.

10-24-2005, 03:55 PM
Pretty easy flop fold, seems to me.

eviljeff
10-24-2005, 09:48 PM
I'm definitely popping the turn or river. value, pure and simple.