View Full Version : Ethical question on nutpunching

Phoenix1010
10-19-2005, 03:19 PM
When is it justifiable for a guy to commit the mortal man-sin against another guy? I'm sure we could all think of an extreme example where it's your only choice (feel free to provide one). How about the borderline situations though?

Here's a few, all of these are one on one:

A. You're at a party/bar/something and some guy about your weight and size sucker punches you out of nowhere, seemingly unprovoked, and starts kicking you repeatedly while you're down. You will probably be able to get up and fight back, though it's not a certainty. Do you nutpunch?

B. You're at a party/bar/something and you get in an argument with a guy much smaller and weaker than you. He swings at you, you shove him and he grabs a chair/stick/skateboardand and clocks you with it, knocking you down. He starts kicking you while you're down but very weakly. You can probably get up and fight back, but he'll still have the weapon. Do you nutpunch?

C. You're at a party/bar/something and you get into an argument with a 275 pound football player. He shoves you, you swing at him, and he knocks you on your ass with one good jab. He stands nearby waiting for you to get up so he can knock you out again. If you try to avoid fighting by staying down, he will stomp your face. You can definitely get up and fight back, but you have no chance of winning. Do you nutpunch?

D. You're at a bar/party/something and you get into an argument with a guy about your size. He makes it clear that you're fighting, whether you want to or not (think CT in that one Real World episode where he starts wailing on the pacifist guy and yelling "FWAAH" with each punch). He shoves/punches/does whatever to you as a warning to get your fighting boots on or he's just going to beat on you. The fight is completely fair. Do you nutpunch?

Feel free to add your own scenarios.

Edit: changed scenario C slightly.

Edit: added scenario D.

asofel
10-19-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When is it justifiable for a guy to commit the mortal man-sin against another guy? I'm sure we could all think of an extreme example where it's your only choice (feel free to provide one). How about the borderline situations though?

A. You're at a party/bar/something and some guy about your weight and size sucker punches you out of nowhere, seemingly unprovoked, and starts kicking you repeatedly while you're down. You will probably be able to get up and fight back, though it's not a certainty. Do you nutpunch?

B. You're at a party/bar/something and you get in an argument with a guy much smaller and weaker than you. He swings at you, you shove him and he grabs a chair/stick/skateboardand and clocks you with it, knocking you down. He starts kicking you while you're down but very weakly. You can probably get up and fight back, but he'll still have the weapon. Do you nutpunch?

C. You're at a party/bar/something and you get into an argument with a 275 pound football player. He shoves you, you swing at him, and he knocks you on your ass with one good jab. He gives you a hard kick, and intends to give more. You can definitely get up and fight back, but you have no chance of winning. Do you nutpunch?

[/ QUOTE ]

all 3 situations give them an advantage over me, all three situations they're fighting dirty, and in all 3 situations they will not be having children.

Slow Play Ray
10-19-2005, 03:23 PM
It's all about being a scrapper - take ANY advantage you see.

Shajen
10-19-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

C. You're at a party/bar/something and you get into an argument with a 275 pound football player. He shoves you, you swing at him, and he knocks you on your ass with one good jab. He gives you a hard kick, and intends to give more. You can definitely get up and fight back, but you have no chance of winning. Do you nutpunch?

[/ QUOTE ]

Scenario A: fighting fair is for losers.

Scenario B: fighting fair is for losers.

Scenario C: fighting fair is for losers.

Hell yes, you nutpunch, claw, kick, eye gouge, skull [censored], whatever you can to end the threat. Oh, and scenario C I would not be in that situation. I don't fight, and haven't in years, but if I were to, it would be over something important, not some douche at a party.

TheMainEvent
10-19-2005, 03:24 PM
To me, as soon as it leaves the realm of a punches only, "gentleman settling a dispute" type of fight and turns into a street brawl, I'm not holding back anything. Certainly if someone uses a weapon on me or kicks me they run the risk of getting punched in the nuts. I'm not going to the hospital or worse just to save my dignity.

Blarg
10-19-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't start fights, so if I'm in one, it's started on me. I'm a very laid back guy, don't think fighting is fun or cool, and anyone who gets me to fight has to have really worked hard at it and be a real bastard. So anyone by definition who fights me had better watch his nuts, because I wouldn't hesitate to attack them.

Lazymeatball
10-19-2005, 03:27 PM
In all three scenarios, you better be damn sure the nutpunch effectively incapacitates your opponent, or they are going to be coming back with a vengeance, placing your own nuts in tremendous peril.

jakethebake
10-19-2005, 03:28 PM
If I'm fighting, then I'm fighting to win. I'm generally stepping on a knee and head-butting before I'm going to the nuts, but that's just me.

Patrick del Poker Grande
10-19-2005, 03:29 PM
The nutpunch is acceptable only under extreme life and/or ass peril.

M2d
10-19-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all three situations they're fighting dirty,

[/ QUOTE ]

in scenario C, you started it and he's not jumping you while you're down.

jakethebake
10-19-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which are pretty much the only scenarios where I'm in a fight.

Also, I'm not goign to stand around and duke it out. I want ti done as quickly as possible. Immediately incapacitate is the plan.

Shajen
10-19-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which are pretty much the only scenarios where I'm in a fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. Life is too short to fight over stupid [censored]. If I'm fighting, it's serious.

Blarg
10-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Exactly. I don't fight for fun.

4_2_it
10-19-2005, 03:36 PM
I just follow this philosophy from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid:

[Harvey has challenged Butch to fight for control of the Hole-in-the-Wall gang]
Harvey Logan: Guns or Knives?
Butch Cassidy: Neither?
Harvey Logan: Pick.
Butch Cassidy: I don't want to shoot with you Harvey.
Harvey Logan: [Draws a big knife] Anything you say, Butch.
Butch Cassidy: No, no, not yet. Not until me and Harvey get the rules straightened out.
Harvey Logan: Rules? In a knife fight? No rules.
[Butch immediately kicks Harvey in the groin]
Butch Cassidy: Well, if there aint' going to be any rules, let's get the fight started. Someone count. 1,2,3 go.
Sundance Kid: [quickly] 1,2,3, go.

Phoenix1010
10-19-2005, 03:36 PM
I didn't think scenario D was necessary, but I'm throwing it in now.

RunDownHouse
10-19-2005, 03:39 PM
Its a fight, its not a boxing match. I wouldn't hesitate.

Along those same lines, if there's ever a situation where it looks like there's going to be a fight, I won't hesitate to swing first, with no warning. None of this idiot chest-bumping, stepping back to take off a shirt, etc. I'm going to deck you as hard as I can, as fast as I can, without letting you know its coming. If I can, I'll break your arm/wrist/hand when you're on the ground before ending the fight.

There's too many nuts carrying knives/guns around for me to [censored] around if it ever comes to a street fight.

HopeydaFish
10-19-2005, 03:41 PM
If someone starts a fight with me, I'm going for the nuts. However, I'm not punching. I'm giving him the most vicious kick I can muster, hopefully lifting him off the ground in the process.

Fighting fair is for people with a death wish.

miajag81
10-19-2005, 03:42 PM
A. Yes.

B. No.

C. Probably.

D. No.

asofel
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all three situations they're fighting dirty,

[/ QUOTE ]

in scenario C, you started it and he's not jumping you while you're down.

[/ QUOTE ]

true, i read that too fast...hard to say then because i wouldn't be in that situation...if i'm that much of a prick to start something like that then i guess i wouldn't...but i wouldn't...so i wouldn't /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jakethebake
[ QUOTE ]
I won't hesitate to swing first, with no warning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've taken that a step further once or twice. Toss your drink in their face and hit them when they flinch.

imported_The Vibesman
10-19-2005, 03:46 PM
Yes yes yes and yes. Here's a few more.

You're walking down the street and you see Bill O'Reilly.

You're in a restaurant and the waiter brings you a Diet Coke instead of a Regular Coke.

Your girlfriend's father asks, "So, when are you going to get a man's haircut?" (note: Nut punching is totally acceptable in this situation for both men and lesbians.)

Your boss says, "Yeah, we're going to have to go ahead and have a talk about those TPS reports."

In all seriousness, I haven't cared about this since the 5th grade. If you and I are in a physical confrontation, it is not some stupid test of manhood. There is no honor in a streetfight, it's all BS. It's beat or get beaten. I am going to do everything I can to not even take a punch from you, because why should I? I don't start fights. If we're fighting it's because you wanted to. If you want to fight me be prepared for me to do everything I can to incapacitate you as quickly as possible, including breaking an arm, leg, nose, or finger, or something as innocuous as punching you in the balls. Another thing is I don't like being messed with and usually like to make sure my antangonist thinks twice before messing with me again. The best way to insure this is to make sure the mother has plenty of healing time to think about what he did wrong.

I also haven't been in a fight since high school, so take it for what it's worth.

mmbt0ne
10-19-2005, 03:51 PM
There was a pretty good post in Micro a while ago about the game theory of nutpunching. I don't have time to look it up, but someone should.

samjjones
10-19-2005, 03:59 PM
"Take the biggest guy in the world, shatter his knee and he'll drop like a stone."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/oneofthese/dalton.jpg

Unabridged
10-19-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Your girlfriend's father asks, "So, when are you going to get a man's haircut?" (note: Nut punching is totally acceptable in this situation for both men and lesbians.)

[/ QUOTE ]

the only acceptable response is:
"looks like we have something in common ... we both want to [censored] <daughter's name>"

jokerthief
10-19-2005, 06:15 PM
I would nut punch in any fight. I would also rip an ear off, gouge out an eye, break a knee, snap a neck, and stab someone. There are no rules or ethics in a street fight.

Los Feliz Slim
10-19-2005, 06:20 PM
All's fair in love and war. I'm not above nutbiting if it's necessary. In the war part, that is.

M2d
10-19-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
true, i read that too fast...hard to say then because i wouldn't be in that situation...if i'm that much of a prick to start something like that then i guess i wouldn't...but i wouldn't...so i wouldn't

[/ QUOTE ]

figured it was a misread because you (the subject, not you asofel) are the prick in this scenario. the way I figure it, I'm not stupid/a-holeish enough to get into this situation and I wouldn't do a nad shot, but if I were in this situation, I'd obviously be a stupid/a-holeish enough, and that would probably mean that a nad shot isn't out of the question.

tonypaladino
10-20-2005, 06:11 AM
a good kick to the knees or gut is often more effective than a nutpunch.

diebitter
10-20-2005, 06:14 AM
If I'm going for the nuts, I'm grabbing, twisting, wrenching, and squeezing real hard on anything I get.

It's amazing the sound you can get doing this.

This is a purely endgame defensive move for me, I'll add. It's just not good cricket to get a man by the goolies.

Generally the love-spuds should be respected, against all the other advice given above...

BTW, have any of you ever gone out with a girl that punched you in the happy sacks if you annoyed her?

Vavavoom
10-20-2005, 06:34 AM
I would NUTPUNCH/KICK at any point in fight, if I thought I would gain a significant advantage in the fight...

Its definitely a disabling tactic...

So all 4 scenarios...YEP.....the only one that worries me is the football dude...but hey...U Win some, u Lose some...

[ QUOTE ]
I would nut punch in any fight. I would also rip an ear off, gouge out an eye, break a knee, snap a neck, and stab someone. There are no rules or ethics in a street fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

This as well

Vavavoom
10-20-2005, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

BTW, have any of you ever gone out with a girl that punched you in the happy sacks if you annoyed her?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got kneed in the nuts by a girl once during a "session"....I wanted to cry.....In fact, thinking about it I may have shed a tear or two....

Blarg
10-20-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
a good kick to the knees or gut is often more effective than a nutpunch.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also often much harder to land, and land squarely, and puts you in a much more dangerous position when you try.

But for what it's worth, as to effectiveness, it's quite possible to keep fighting after a crack in the nuts.

Another note -- I'd probably be more likely to try to grab a guy's nuts and squeeze them than punch them. I've wound up with a guy's nuts in my hands quite a few times during sparring. It's a pretty natural way to go after a punch in the stomach, if you've sidestepped and gotten close, or spun around to get behind him. You don't need any wind-up or timing, and the nuts are just hanging there waiting to make your acquaintance.

jakethebake
10-20-2005, 08:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Another note -- I'd probably be more likely to try to grab a guy's nuts and squeeze them than punch them. I've wound up with a guy's nuts in my hands quite a few times during sparring. It's a pretty natural way to go after a punch in the stomach, if you've sidestepped and gotten close, or spun around to get behind him. You don't need any wind-up or timing, and the nuts are just hanging there waiting to make your acquaintance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This exact technique is incorporated into a several karate kata if you understand the bunkai.

diebitter
10-20-2005, 08:57 AM
If I remember rightly, the sensei in my Wing Chun class demonstrated the technique to rip off bollocks whilst casually going through various techniques he said 'would end a fight quickly'.

sheesh.

mackthefork
10-20-2005, 09:02 AM

No, I get up ask what the crack is, and if he apologises I carry on.

No, I get up and laugh at him and his little man complex, I pity his emotional instability.

C. You're at a party/bar/something and you get into an argument with a 275 pound football player. He shoves you, you swing at him, and he knocks you on your ass with one good jab. He stands nearby waiting for you to get up so he can knock you out again. If you try to avoid fighting by staying down, he will stomp your face. You can definitely get up and fight back, but you have no chance of winning. Do you nutpunch?

Yes, I boot him hard in the bollocks if I get a chance, and probably stamp on his knee hard until I hear it mushing under foot, this guy really needs to learn not to be such a (censored). Hearing him cry like a little bitch, and tell his girlfriend he's into wearing womens underwear is the come down this punk needs.

D. You're at a bar/party/something and you get into an argument with a guy about your size. He makes it clear that you're fighting, whether you want to or not (think CT in that one Real World episode where he starts wailing on the pacifist guy and yelling "FWAAH" with each punch). He shoves/punches/does whatever to you as a warning to get your fighting boots on or he's just going to beat on you. The fight is completely fair. Do you nutpunch?

Probably, but not definitely, it seems like a good end to this idiot.

Mack

Dave G.
10-20-2005, 09:24 AM
I don't think there's any ethical "dilemma" here at all, and it's certainly not any kind of sin in my book.

I don't go around starting fights. That means, if I'm in a fight, it's because some other jackass has started it.

Once I'm fighting, I will do anything, everything, absolutely everything, to put him on the ground and make sure he can't get up. I don't care how big or small he is. I'm either going to win the fight or lose it, but if I lose it's not going to be because I didn't give it my all, or didn't take a clear shot at his balls that would have put him on the ground because it's not "fair".

If I have to rip earrings / piercings out, claw at / poke his eyes, pull his hair, bite him, or even if I have to bite him in the nuts, I will.

There's no such thing as a fair fight, dirty fighting, or any of that crap. There is only the winner and the loser. It's better to be the winner.

imported_The Vibesman
10-20-2005, 09:33 AM
It's a fair fight if I win.

If I lose, the other guy cheated.

Hermlord
10-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Ah, "Monkey steals the peaches."

If it's good enough for Tai Chi Masters, it's good enough for me.

TheTROLL
10-20-2005, 11:14 AM
None of these people deserves an honourable fight. These all qualify for the great phrase from Martin Amis's novel 'Money': "Maximum violence, instantly". If the nutpunch looks the most effective option, so be it.