PDA

View Full Version : NC: Public Humiliation, or, Aversion Therapy.

Borodog
10-13-2005, 07:17 PM
I've decided that the best way to stop doing things like this is to expose myself to public ridicule.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.20 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

I are teh suck.

ncboiler
10-13-2005, 07:25 PM
Hey!!! That's a typical drunk Friday night hand for me.

Harv72b
10-13-2005, 07:28 PM
I played about 30 hands like this today.

Difference was, I was the guy with AQ, and the river was a 9. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Borodog
10-13-2005, 07:32 PM
Harv watched me "play" this hand, if you can call it that. Along with at least a couple other stinkers, although nothing like this.

I.e., Harv can testify that I are teh suck.

TheHammer24
10-13-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I played about 30 hands like this today.

Difference was, I was the guy with AQ, and the river was a 9. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

Harv72b
10-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Honestly, I didn't notice you doing anything stupid at that table...then again, I was getting my ass handed to me on two others at the same time. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, okay....the 22 river call was kinda stretching. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Borodog
10-13-2005, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, I didn't notice you doing anything stupid at that table...then again, I was getting my ass handed to me on two others at the same time. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, okay....the 22 river call was kinda stretching. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah on that. If I was good on the flop I'm good on the river!

Harv is the BB here:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Harv72b
10-13-2005, 09:07 PM
I'm not going to say that I would never bet A high on that river, but it would be pretty rare...when you raised the flop you made it pretty clear that you had an underpair, and the river card certainly isn't scary enough to get you to fold it. So far more than 1 in 8 times, I'm betting for value here.

Still not sure what I would've done if you'd bet the turn; I guess check/call &amp; donk the river. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Borodog
10-13-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to say that I would never bet A high on that river, but it would be pretty rare...when you raised the flop you made it pretty clear that you had an underpair, []band the river card certainly isn't scary enough to get you to fold it.[/b] So far more than 1 in 8 times, I'm betting for value here.

Still not sure what I would've done if you'd bet the turn; I guess check/call &amp; donk the river. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I give you $10 out of the kindness of my heart, and all you do is complain!

Actually, I used the SA/WB theory. I'm either slightly ahead, or way behind. Once I raised the flop, I had already decided that I was only putting in 1 more bet, if that. I could either put it in on the turn and risk getting check-raised by tricky Harv with AK, who will correctly realize it's damn hard for me to call with a small pair knowing I have to call again on the river (so bet-call on the turn actually costs me 3 enormous big bets), or check behind and try to induce AK to value bet on a safe river. I'd have folded an A or K river.

Can you say with 100% certainty that had I checked behind on the same exact hand, except you held AK, that you would absolutely not value bet the river?

Harv72b
10-13-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you say with 100% certainty that had I checked behind on the same exact hand, except you held AK, that you would absolutely not value bet the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 100%, but at least 90%. I may have check/called with AK hoping that you just put a move on me on the flop, or I may even have check/raised to get you to lay down your underpair. But I'm pretty confident that you're not folding an underpair on this board if I lead the river after playing it so weakly on the flop &amp; turn. And especially not with the way I was running this evening. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

If I did lead the river, it would be a bluff and not a value bet, because I seriously doubt you'd call with a worse hand. A donk, yeah, but not you.

Borodog
10-13-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A donk, yeah, but not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I direct your attention to the OP . . .

Harv72b
10-13-2005, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A donk, yeah, but not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I direct your attention to the OP . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

Honestly, the OP hand wasn't that bad in a blind battle situation. Definitely not good, either, but you know that. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Borodog
10-13-2005, 10:13 PM
Hey, I think it's a great call down . . . except for the 3 overs . . . and the 4 card straight . . . and the flush . . .