PDA

View Full Version : What new sport would you like to see?

diebitter
10-07-2005, 01:08 PM
Dodge-a-Rhino

samjjones
10-07-2005, 01:11 PM
How about rhino rodeo? A guy riding a quarter horse and trying to lasso it down? How about two guys riding on hippopotami (sp?) and jousting?

Cancer Merchant
10-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Calvinball

Full contact golf

fatdave
10-07-2005, 01:40 PM
ESPN Presents Drunken Pick-Up Lines and Barfights

fatdave
10-07-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ESPN2 Presents Drunken Pick-Up Lines and Barfights

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP

fnord_too
10-07-2005, 01:43 PM
I'm thinking of something like "Iron Chef", except instead of challening a person to a cook off, you pick from one of three wild animals to fight, like a wolverine, bobcat, or aligator. The animals and exact nature of "winning" the fight could change from week to week.

imported_anacardo
10-07-2005, 01:45 PM
Instead of standard ice hockey, have the guys strap slabs of ice to their feet and skate on a field of razor blades. The blades would have to be arranged in a loop to be able to get anywhere, but that's a minor inconvenience. League awards go to survivors.

Shajen
10-07-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ESPN8 Presents Drunken Pick-Up Lines and Barfights

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYFMP

The Ocho is gonna rule.

As far as the OP: Presidents and Assholes.

fatdave
10-07-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking of something like "Iron Chef", except instead of challening a person to a cook off, you pick from one of three wild animals to fight, like a wolverine, bobcat, or aligator. The animals and exact nature of "winning" the fight could change from week to week.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you get to cook the animals, Iron Chef style, after you win?

fnord_too
10-07-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you get to cook the animals, Iron Chef style, after you win?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, certainly the winner can eat the loser, though that may not involve cooking...

antidan444
10-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Slamball, except with higher baskets.

Sadly, I'm not kidding.

I also think some kind of cross between (american) football and soccer would be kind of interesting. Teams of 11, 100 to 120-yard field, two smallish (say, field hockey-size) goals at each end, goal is to pass the dodgeball to teammates and run up and down field trying to throw the ball in the goal (past the keeper, of course). Full contact allowed on player with ball, blocking allowed, running clock like in soccer, also keep the offside rule to prevent cherry-picking breakaways. Obviously, players can use their hands. Not quite sure how to deal with out-of-bounds situations. Yes, I've put way too much thought to this.

HtotheNootch
10-07-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I'm not kidding.

I also think some kind of cross between (american) football and soccer would be kind of interesting. Teams of 11, 100 to 120-yard field, two smallish (say, field hockey-size) goals at each end, goal is to pass the dodgeball to teammates and run up and down field trying to throw the ball in the goal (past the keeper, of course). Full contact allowed on player with ball, blocking allowed, running clock like in soccer, also keep the offside rule to prevent cherry-picking breakaways. Obviously, players can use their hands. Not quite sure how to deal with out-of-bounds situations. Yes, I've put way too much thought to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's called team handball. It's even an Olympic sport.

antidan444
10-07-2005, 02:50 PM
Really? I thought handball was similar to squash.

I'm a sportswriter, and I had no clue. Wow.

astroglide
10-07-2005, 02:54 PM
http://www.the-means.com/archives/bloodsport.jpg

kumite

Pirc Defense
10-07-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sadly, I'm not kidding.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's called team handball. It's even an Olympic sport.

[/ QUOTE ]

??

It's called Water Polo. Get a clue.

rlpsjstyle
10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Can't we just start with Slamball Minor Leagues, or at least an expansion?

That looked like the most addicting sport ever to play.

antidan444
10-07-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Water Polo is not the same thing as I described.

Something to do with the water.

antidan444
10-07-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can't we just start with Slamball Minor Leagues, or at least an expansion?

That looked like the most addicting sport ever to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

It did look fun as hell to play. I still think using regulation (10-foot) baskets is rather stupid, though. It would be much more impressive to see those guys jamming on 20-footers (Or 15-16 ... 20 may not be possible).

pokerdirty
10-07-2005, 03:04 PM
world slots championships. it's the new p*k*r /images/graemlins/grin.gif

it would be a timed event. youd have 100 old ladies buy in for 1 months rent and set up 60 slots, and the fastest to find the one with the jackpot wins. think, supermarket sweep, only with slots. fastest time wins.

Pirc Defense
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

????

And you're a sports writer???

Water Polo is played with camels and rubber bands. Just like the guy wrote. Try to keep up.

pokerdirty
i saw world scrabble championships on espn the other day....scary.

antidan444
10-07-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

????

And you're a sports writer???

Water Polo is played with camels and rubber bands. Just like the guy wrote. Try to keep up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, you've completely lost me.

Pirc Defense
10-07-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i saw world scrabble championships on espn the other day....scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a bit of that, too. No wonder I suck at Scrabble...I hardly knew any of the words they were using.

ptmusic
10-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Poetry Slam Dunk.

It's a poetry slam, where the winner gets respect as usual, but the loser doesn't get laughed at--he gets a chocolate swirly in the nasty club bathroom.

-ptmusic

diebitter
10-07-2005, 04:56 PM
How could I forget...

SEX HAIKU!

The mind boggles on how you measure how hot it is though...

HtotheNootch
10-07-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Team Handball Basics (http://www.usateamhandball.org/usath/sport_basics.htm)

I played it once or twice in gym class in high school. It's a fun game.

diebitter
10-07-2005, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that game is called 'fives' (ie like squash but played with hands instead of racquets). It was played in my school, a posh English private school - I've never seen it played anywhere else.

Exsubmariner
10-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Sniper Football.
Sniper Baseball.
Sniper Nascar.
Sniper Ice Hockey.
Sniper Baseketball, but the players from Detroit might shoot back.
Sniper Golf.

antidan444
10-07-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Team Handball Basics (http://www.usateamhandball.org/usath/sport_basics.htm)

I played it once or twice in gym class in high school. It's a fun game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the link. Man, I really wish this game was more popular here in the States.

(Edit: My idea was still sorta unique, in that I proposed a much bigger field (soccer-size) and full contact.)

Crveballin
10-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Bring back American Gladiators