PDA

View Full Version : 22 level 3, 55 hand

Rickyroodido
10-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Villian is active. Likes to CR flopps.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t1110)
Hero (t1380)
SB (t2300)
BB (t1595)
UTG (t1115)
MP (t500)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t250</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls t200.

Flop: (t575) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t575) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (t575) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t250</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1130 (All-In)</font>, UTG calls t615 (All-In).

Final Pot: t2570

splashpot
10-03-2005, 10:19 AM
I'd limp preflop. Given that you raised, I make a continuation bet of about 200-250. And fold to any resistance at all.

Rickyroodido
10-03-2005, 10:33 AM
On the flopp I didnt want to be bet out since I had som outs to a set and straight. And villian was very likely to CR. By the check he might give me a good price on the turn, if he has a hand aswell. I think I should have made a delayed cont. on the turn though.

Sabrazack
10-03-2005, 10:35 AM
I fold this preflop without second thought. Not worth paying 50 for set value and hoping no one raises. I think raising is the worst of your options here. I really don't like it.

10-03-2005, 10:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd limp preflop. Given that you raised, I make a continuation bet of about 200-250. And fold to any resistance at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

playtitleist
10-03-2005, 10:36 AM
I think you need a probe bet on the flop. 55 is not an incredibly strong hand, especially when getting your t250 called. I think you are doomed to lose more than you should if you don't find out the strength of your hand at the flop.

Your pre-flop raise told villain you liked your hand, so checking the flop could easily be you trying to slow play a made hand. The check behind meant either villain didn't fall for your supposed slow play, or he has a hand himself and is now playing you.

The check on the turn was right move either way. Had you probed and got called, you are behind AA+. Sinc you didn't probe, the K is now a scare card too. You check the turn cuz you can be sure you are behind any hand that could reasonably call the pf raise.

All in on the river was right move either way, cuz villain shouldn't have 22 and if you lose to trip-A or trip-K so be it.

In short, probe bet on the flop. Play the rest as you did.

edit - FWIW I fold pre-flop. Not interested in limping/raising and folding to a bet on pretty much any flop that doesn't have a 5. I'm gonna get myself in a lot of trouble calling a bet on a 346 flop.

durron597
10-03-2005, 10:47 AM
This is a very clear limp preflop given your stack size and UTG's stack size.

I am betting this flop because if it's checked to me most of the time my villians do not have an ace and will fold. Plus I have outs if I don't. Since we didn't do either of these things, when UTG bets the river he's either trying to pick up the uncontested pot with air or he has a 2 or AAA. Thus he will not call a raise unless he beats us, so call.

Sabrazack
10-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Ah yes, a limper infront. I like limping alot more then.

Rickyroodido
10-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Ok, I understand that it was a bad raise pf. I usually fold/limp small pp. However I liked my position and im trying to improve my postflop game, tnx guys for showing me that this just was plain bad.
And the river push turned out as you thought, with a little twist: villian had 67s. Which also means that I failed to protect my hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif
naah this is the last time im doing this with fives.

playtitleist
10-03-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thus he will not call a raise unless he beats us, so call.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a relative newb, this is a point I miss time and again. It's a very easy concept to understand, because we'd do the same thing, but I so often push over the top when I could just call. Stop the bleeding!

schwza
10-03-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a very clear limp preflop given your stack size and UTG's stack size.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
I am betting this flop because if it's checked to me

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that Ax checks to you very often here, especially a guy who likes to c/r. close to 100%.

[ QUOTE ]
most of the time my villians do not have an ace and will fold. Plus I have outs if I don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that you have outs is the reason i'd check behind. i don't want to get c/r'ed by an A (or a whiff) here. i'd rather take the free card and see if i improve, or else try to play a small pot. if he hits an overcard, so be it.

[ QUOTE ]
when UTG bets the river he's either trying to pick up the uncontested pot with air or he has a 2 or AAA. Thus he will not call a raise unless he beats us, so call.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh. how could villain have a 2? based on the pre-flop, the only way would be a badly played 22/a2s. and if those are possible, no reason we're not seeing 33/44/a3s/a4s/a5s, all of which will pay off the river. worrying about AA is seeing monsters. villain limp-called, and has shown nothing to indicate AA.

the most likely hand to pay you off is something like AT that missed two c/r's and will now pay you off. fearing 2x or AA leaves too much money on the table.

hopefully you agree that AA or 2x is pretty rare. you think nothing else will pay off. so if you had 78 or some air, it's an easy push, right?

durron597
10-03-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
most of the time my villians do not have an ace and will fold. Plus I have outs if I don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that you have outs is the reason i'd check behind. i don't want to get c/r'ed by an A (or a whiff) here. i'd rather take the free card and see if i improve, or else try to play a small pot. if he hits an overcard, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was assuming the unraised pot from the limp. However, if he has a hand like KQ, I want to bet the turn to protect my hand as well. But raising preflop puts us in such a bad spot on nearly every flop that I really don't want to even discuss this, raising preflop is simply terrible.

[ QUOTE ]
when UTG bets the river he's either trying to pick up the uncontested pot with air or he has a 2 or AAA. Thus he will not call a raise unless he beats us, so call.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

the most likely hand to pay you off is something like AT that missed two c/r's and will now pay you off. fearing 2x or AA leaves too much money on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

AT nearly always bets the turn after missing a flop c/r.

[ QUOTE ]

hopefully you agree that AA or 2x is pretty rare. you think nothing else will pay off.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is clearly the most likely scenario. I think villians most likely hand is KQ or KJ.

[ QUOTE ]
so if you had 78 or some air, it's an easy push, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had 78 or some air, I bet the turn nearly always if I didn't bet the flop.

illegit
10-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Limp PF.

Not sure about a push on the river. if dude had been slowplaying a big Ace, AK, or AQ maybe then you get a lot of value by pushing. 22 is really the only possible PF deuce hand though even it is unlikely, so though my first instinct was to just call the river it looks like you lose value by not pushing. So push.