PDA

View Full Version : How do I not go on tilt after this?

Punker
05-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Introducing a friend to poker. She starts out playing online at the low low games, 0.05-0.10. She's sort of playing half okay, then the following hand comes up.

Friend is dealt Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif

One person folds and three people call to her, and she raises. One later person calls, the blinds call, and the limpers call, 7 see the flop:

K /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Checked to friend, who leads out. 5 people call.

Turn

K /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif

The hand is checked through. And of course, the river is:

K /forums/images/icons/club.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif A /forums/images/icons/club.gif

Providing my friend with her first Royal Flush, approximately 150 hands into her poker career. Furthermore, someone bets the river, and she ends up getting 4 way action on her raise.

Sometimes, I think there's a god of poker. And sometimes...I think there is only a devil.

dux
05-10-2003, 08:09 AM
It's annoying when a big hand goes to a newbie, if your peering in behind them at a home game and see a big full house, they say: should I bet? They don't see the beauty of the hand - I think I actually start to salivate when I see a hand like this.

If what your saying is it was unfortunate the hand happened in micro limits, I would just be sad the hand didn't happen on one of the sites that pays out big for royals/high hands.

Punker
06-01-2003, 06:08 AM
Ok friend has become somewhat more experienced now, and I was enjoying watching her mop up the micro monkeys at Stars when the following hand arose!

She has graduated up to 0.25-0.50 now and posts the big blind to receive a nice K /forums/images/icons/spade.gif J /forums/images/icons/spade.gif .

Its folded to the cutoff who open limps. The button calls and the SB raises. My friend calls and the other two also call, so 4 players see the flop:

A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

SB bets out and my friend raises. CO and button fold and SB 3bets. My friend 4bets (she's gotten rather aggressive lately!). SB calls.

Turn

A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

SB checks and friend bets. SB calls.

River

A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/club.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/spade.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Friend bets and is called. Her hand is good!

Now after a month of play, she has tied me in lifetime royal flushes. I wonder if the wrong one of us is giving advice /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

MrGo
06-01-2003, 08:24 AM
How do you not go on tilt? When you lose $1 to a royal flush, no one will tilt.

Clarkmeister
06-01-2003, 11:12 AM
Clearly she knows someone who works there. It must be rigged. I suggest you write to PokerStars and let them know about this "issue". <end pseudo sarcasm> /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Homer
06-01-2003, 10:04 PM
I don't get it. Aren't you happy that your friend won the hand?

-- Homer

GuyOnTilt
06-01-2003, 10:12 PM
I don't understand how your friend receiving a one-card royal flush could put you on tilt...If you were involved in the hand and had wired Kings, and were beaten by 7 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif maybe I'd understand the tilt factor. But shouldn't you be happy for her?