PDA

View Full Version : Showing that you steal with trash

Melchiades
09-20-2005, 04:05 PM
A situation that has come up a couple of times lately. I'm one of the big stacks with 5-6 players left. I'm being aggressive and targeting players I think will fold their blinds to me.

So I raise 3-4 BB with any two if I'm in a good position and it's folded to me. When the BB wakes up with a hand he wants to defend with he goes all in. His stack is so small that calling is the right move mathematically unless I'm against an overpair which doesn't happen too often.

If I call they will see my embaressing hand and it will probably make my life much harder later. Do I call because it's the correct move mathematically, or do I lose so much FE later that I should maybe just fold?

I play 11's and 22's at Stars.

lorinda
09-20-2005, 04:06 PM
It doesn't bother me, but if it bothers you, call and say "aaarrrgh wrong button" in the chat.

Lori

splashpot
09-20-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
call because it's the correct move mathematically

[/ QUOTE ]

Freudian
09-20-2005, 04:43 PM
I think we shouldn't overrate how much your FE goes down when we show crap cards. Most of our opponents play their own cards, not what they think we have.

And image in low limit SnGs is definately not worth giving up significant EV for. If it is very marginal I think a fold is ok but if you get good enough odds to call you should do so.

Xhad
09-20-2005, 04:47 PM
People may stop respecting your raises if they see you raise with trash. People WILL NOT respect your raises when you fold to a small reraise.

Nicholasp27
09-20-2005, 04:53 PM
sammy1 would disagree with you

09-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Doesn't folding tell them you're stealing with trash too?

EDIT: And is there some reason you're not betting enough to put BB all-in to begin with? Sometimes that comes up for me (SB's stack size for example) but not often enough to worry about it.

Freudian
09-20-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't folding tell them you're stealing with trash too?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that depends on the size of the reraise.

playtitleist
09-20-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise 3-4 BB with any two if I'm in a good position and it's folded to me. When the BB wakes up with a hand he wants to defend with he goes all in. His stack is so small that calling is the right move mathematically unless I'm against an overpair which doesn't happen too often.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't you be putting him in with your raise? If you are putting him in, then this becomes moot. They either see your cards or they don't.

[ QUOTE ]
embaressing hand

[/ QUOTE ] Embarassing how? That you made a move and got caught? Are these people sitting in your living room giving you a hard time? If you don't get caught making moves, you aren't playing poker very well.

[ QUOTE ]
and it will probably make my life much easier later.

[/ QUOTE ] FYP. If they remember the move, they'll pay off your real hands later. The ones you are NOT stealing on.

[ QUOTE ]
call because it's the correct move mathematically

[/ QUOTE ]

Peace out.

Melchiades
09-20-2005, 06:54 PM
Ok. Thanks for all the help. Will raise big enough to put people all in in situations like this from now.