PDA

View Full Version : loooose table

aslowjoe
09-18-2005, 03:01 AM
Both hands same table. The majority of the table was passive and extemely loose with a smidge of aggresion pre flop
after 15 hands.
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Same table Bttn was the most aggresive player at the table post flop.
MP was about a 20% pfr over 20 hands but passive post flop.. A 3bet wouldnt have produced any more folds as BB was 70%vpip. and UTG was well over 60VPIP

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG folds, MP folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

7ontheline
09-18-2005, 03:10 AM
I wonder about the 3-bet in hand 1. It's a pretty drawless board, so a bet and then a raise in front of you gives me pause. I like the turn and the river for sure. I think if you knew the MP's and BB's betting tendencies I would feel better about the flop. I don't think it's too bad, but reads would help a lot.

Hand 2 looks perfect given your read on the button.

Hand 2

aslowjoe
09-18-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wonder about the 3-bet in hand 1. It's a pretty drawless board, so a bet and then a raise in front of you gives me pause

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I pondered that for a while. I thought there was a good chance I was behind but I did have a back door flush and st8 draw. I thought the 3 bet would clear out the field then the hand would play itself as it did.
I guess the 3 bet eliminated everybody but the players that I was behind. Still not sure. Lots of options here not sure what is best.

Nick C
09-18-2005, 04:10 AM
In the first hand, my initial thought was that I would fold the flop, but then with your backdoors to go with top pair, I'm not sure folding is such a good idea. But is there much chance your hand is best? If not, I'm thinking cold-calling might be something to consider. But then I kind of want to raise if I'm playing, but then I also wonder what that's going to accomplish, exactly.

Ugh. I don't know. Tough spot.

In hand 2, I wish I had a better heart, but since I don't, I would consider folding the flop. I'm not sure what's best, though.

On the river, it's possible I would have folded, but I think I like your call better.

aslowjoe
09-18-2005, 01:09 PM
Other opinions?

Poldi
09-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Hand 1 looks good. Without the backdoor draws the flop would be a fold.
Hand 2 I fold the river, I dont think he bets anything you beat here.