PDA

View Full Version : every. single. time.

joker122
09-16-2005, 08:17 PM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

i exaggerate, but i really do feel like this is happening to me at least 6 or 7 times out of 10. am i running bad, or is this what i should expect in this game?

kidcolin
09-16-2005, 08:21 PM
I don't play 10/20, and I don't do the turn c/r bluff very often, but this exactly the type of board I'd try it on.

SparkyDog
09-16-2005, 08:57 PM
This board is pretty raggy and you don't have showdown value. Anyone else think these are two good reasons to check the turn?

Not sure I like the UTG raise until one knows how to respond to these situations too.

NLSoldier
09-16-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This board is pretty raggy and you don't have showdown value. Anyone else think these are two good reasons to check the turn?

Not sure I like the UTG raise until one knows how to respond to these situations too.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, bet this turn and then do check the turn when you have showdown value.

flawless_victory
09-16-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is this what i should expect in this game?

[/ QUOTE ]yeah.

GetThere1Time
09-16-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In an game like that or againast a player with high turn aggression, is it better to check a weak hand on the turn with showdown value rather than value-betting the turn? like an unimproved AK or 3rd pair HU.

I guess my question is:

Is it better to value bet the turn HU in position in aggressive games, where you risk getting checkraised and then have to decide whether to call the turn and river bet

-or-

is it better to check through the turn with a marginal holdings HU in position at risk of giving an opponent infinite odds with what ever he's holding so that you maybe induce a bluff and you certainly dont get pushed off the winner.

I'm playing 5/10 6 max right now and relentlessly value-betting is the best option there but I'm rapidly approaching a 10/20 6-max bankroll and want to get ready for what I might see their and maybe higher.

NLSoldier
09-16-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In an game like that or againast a player with high turn aggression, is it better to check a weak hand on the turn with showdown value rather than value-betting the turn? like an unimproved AK or 3rd pair HU.

I guess my question is:

Is it better to value bet the turn HU in position in aggressive games, where you risk getting checkraised and then have to decide whether to call the turn and river bet

-or-

is it better to check through the turn with a marginal holdings HU in position at risk of giving an opponent infinite odds with what ever he's holding so that you maybe induce a bluff and you certainly dont get pushed off the winner.

I'm playing 5/10 6 max right now and relentlessly value-betting is the best option there but I'm rapidly approaching a 10/20 6-max bankroll and want to get ready for what I might see their and maybe higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

weve had this whole betting/checking the turn discussion like a million times this month. do a search or something.

GetThere1Time
09-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Haven't been around too much this month. I'll check it out.