PDA

View Full Version : Is this cheating? UB Ultraturbo sng

rallbritain
09-13-2005, 09:09 PM
I have been toying with these the past few days, the blinds increase every 2.5 minutes. I have found that by stalling in certain spots or playing fast in certain spots you can control where the blinds break. I have not done this to the point where anyone has said something to me yet. I could see how if everyone started doing this it could play one hand per level.

Any thoughts on this?

jon462
09-13-2005, 09:14 PM
You must have played a bunch of those speed multis on PP.

rallbritain
09-13-2005, 09:19 PM
This is a little more severe than the timed multis, you can burn a whole level by just checking in the big blind, checking after the flop and folding if you take you time making the desisions.

rallbritain
09-13-2005, 09:22 PM
Anyone consider this strategic play with in the rules?

or does anyone consider it backhanded?

09-14-2005, 02:20 AM
is it +EV?
is it not allowed?

nuff said,

but then etiquette breaks in with one more (annoying) question:

would you consider it cheating if someone else did it?

lorinda
09-14-2005, 02:23 AM
The trouble I have with it is as follows:

In the $1/$5 range, your opponents are playing for fun. Using this tactic (other than maybe 10 seconds here and there) would possibly put them off poker for life.

At $10 and above, your opponents are going to have an idea what you are doing and start doing it themselves. This will negate a large chunk of your edge and also make the game really tedious.

I don't disagree in theory, in practise, I suspect it isn't worth it.

Edit: Having re-read your original post, I see you're only doing it a bit. I think this is fine given that you'd be stupid not to.

Lori

09-14-2005, 02:36 AM
I think it's UB's fault for clearly allowing strategies that don't involve betting, raising, folding, calling, and checking, and some chatting (I guess). Good work exploiting the game, but I wish it weren't doable.

Sykes
09-14-2005, 04:32 AM
you're a giant dick and you're also retarded.

I play these also, and I hate when people do this to me because I know that when the blinds stay at a lower level, I can outplay the opposition.

So, you're very bad at the game and trying to exploit every advantage of the game to try to beat it.

It's really not hard to crack these at 50% ITM with 100%+ ROI.

Slim Pickens
09-14-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play these [turbo sng's] also

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know that when the blinds stay at a lower level, I can outplay the opposition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice game selection.

To the OP: I would imagine this would decrease your hourly rate even if it did increase your ROI just because those things are so darn short anyway and the edge you gain from the tactic is fairly small.

09-14-2005, 12:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

To the OP: I would imagine this would decrease your hourly rate even if it did increase your ROI just because those things are so darn short anyway and the edge you gain from the tactic is fairly small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you're right about this. I think it's a big edge and the time it adds is very low.

Slim Pickens
09-14-2005, 12:34 PM
I've only played a few turbos (all cheap multis, usually to steam), so I don't know too much about the STT's. What kind of ROI and $/hr can you get, and how long do they take?