PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Offering $20 for 5000 Absolute Points

spydog
09-12-2005, 11:01 AM
Just got an email from them that said I could redeem 5000 points for $20. I never use my points to buy anything so I jumped at the free $20. I think this deal is player specific, but those with Absolute accounts with over 5000 points should watch their emails (unless you are saving up for an Absolute hat, wristband, thong, etc...).

dibbs
09-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Why you didn't spend 4k for the Mark Seif bobblehead I'll never know.

People_Mover
09-12-2005, 11:22 AM
why not play the ARP tourneys? They are great practice and a chance to win more than 20.00

spydog
09-12-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why not play the ARP tourneys? They are great practice and a chance to win more than 20.00

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'll look into that, but I've always assumed that those types of tourneys were not time($)-efficient if your normal game was 3/6 or higher.

maxpower72
09-12-2005, 12:28 PM
There's an absolute thong? I have not seen it, [censored] would I look good in an absolute thong /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Lurker4
09-12-2005, 03:20 PM
I got this as well, I'm pretty happy about it...have around 50k pts racked up from when they gave pts for deposits, I was waiting to use for the next two 25k ARP buy-in tournaments, since I already bought some AP stuff. Now that I got this deal, thats a free $200 and I can close my account and open a new one, and finally get rakeback + bonus...Absolute rocks. If only I had not used 50k ARPs on previous tournament buy-ins, that would be a free $400 just for frequently depositing and cashing out on their site and costing them $ in Neteller transaction fees.

timprov
09-12-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Now that I got this deal, thats a free $200 and I can close my account and open a new one, and finally get rakeback + bonus...Absolute rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to read the fine print: you can only do this once. 5k points for $20, not 10k for $40 or any other multiple.

Lurker4
09-12-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'll look into that, but I've always assumed that those types of tourneys were not time($)-efficient if your normal game was 3/6 or higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're talking about the 25k ARP tourneys, they're pretty good in terms of overlay, but this deal is probably better. The tournament is $12.5k guaranteed, usually w/fewer than 100 entrants, lets say 80 entrants, which is $156.25 overlay or $.00625/point. This deal is $20/5000 pts = $.004/point. Its less but its guaranteed $, and doesnt take any time, so I'd do this deal. If you're talking about the 1k or 500 pt tourneys, you're right they're pretty worthless in terms of $EV/hour if you play 3/6 and up

Lurker4
09-12-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now that I got this deal, thats a free $200 and I can close my account and open a new one, and finally get rakeback + bonus...Absolute rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to read the fine print: you can only do this once. 5k points for $20, not 10k for $40 or any other multiple.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, you're right, o well...I remembered in the past that they allowed people to convert their whole ARP balance to $ at this rate, assumed it was the same this time.

ewile
09-12-2005, 10:18 PM
I really wish that AP would improve their selection of stuff in the store.
I like the site alot but the stuff sucks. Let me save up points for a nice chip set or do like True Poker and gimme a trip to Vegas for a zillion points.
They can make the point cost exorbatant...I don't care, I'm going to play alot of hands at the site anyway. It would be a nice bonus to be able to play towards something worthwhile.