PDA

View Full Version : I'm stumped, so is google. Logitech Laser - newdev.dll error

AEKDBet
09-11-2005, 03:01 PM
So I have a mx 1000 laser mouse and was updating the softare from logitech's site. I downloaded the new "setpoint.exe", installed, and get this every single time once it reaches 100% installation.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a305/hinson4/snap0268.jpg

This does not seem to be a logitech problem, rather a windows problem. I have uninstalled all the logitech stuff, reinstalled, even deleted the mouse from device manager, installed default mouse drivers etc. Anyone have any ideas (besides a system restore)?

AEKDBet
09-11-2005, 05:24 PM
(Windows XP)

Yeknom58
09-11-2005, 09:49 PM
So does the mouse not work?

Are you getting a driver conflict on the system device menu?

Did the original drivers work?

If it's working fine the I would say forget it and move on.

But here is a generic answer that seems to help this type of error: Make sure your virus software is disabled before you start installation.

AEKDBet
09-13-2005, 08:15 PM
Bare bones functionality works. Rt, left click, scroll up down.

Everything else does not. And the mouse movement sucks withs with this driver - I have 3 monitors and need a lot of mouse speed.

09-14-2005, 04:10 PM
I found a vague mention on the net about someone having a similar problem with a Logitech IR Trackball. He uninstalled the software, updated his BIOS, and reinstalled and everything worked. Might be worth a shot.

AEKDBet
09-15-2005, 05:17 AM
Got it.

I created another administrator account, right clicked the setup.exe file and chose run as...
then ran as different user. Viola!