PDA

View Full Version : Flopped flush in bb

bennies
09-02-2005, 10:44 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t860)
UTG (t785)
UTG+1 (t988)
MP1 (t1675)
MP2 (t1465)
CO (t1112)
Button (t1350)
SB (t1765)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t30, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t180) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t95</font>, UTG calls t95, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t95, Button folds, SB calls t95.

Turn: (t560) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t100</font>, MP2 calls t100, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t500</font>, Hero folds

Is there a better line? Check the flop? (Party 55)

09-02-2005, 11:56 AM
I would have probably bet a pot sized bet after the flop. I know I am probably in trouble if I get that bet called or raised. You are probably ahead on the flop but just begging to get sucked out by the guy who has the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (who is probably UTG). I bet the SB had a 2 or a Q and thinks everyone else is still drawing.

the_joker
09-02-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a better line? Check the flop? (Party 55)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, don't fold!

09-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Tough hand. Especially since it is very difficult to price someone with a nut flush draw and overcard out of the pot.

You clearly flopped a monster but it is very vulnerable and although it is unlikely, it may not be the best hand (in which case your hand is dead).

If you have a good sense that one of your opponents will lead out on this scary flop then I think a check-raise may be the best play to define the hands. But your bet was totally reasonable. Check-calling would be the worst.

The turn is difficult too. The fact that the board paired AND there is more than one villian make it especially bad. If it was one opponent I may put him on a high/nut flush draw and move in right there, but I think I tuck my tail between my legs like you did.

Bottom line - a hand you want to play strong but not go broke with. And you didn't.

09-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Bet more on the flop. A player with a flush draw and a pair or a flush draw and two overs probably expects to be favorite here over two cards, when in reality they're worse than 30/70. Many players will play very aggressively here because they have a hand that wants to see two cards.

I can't find that fold on the turn, although I understand it. I think you probably need to call--you could be drawing dead, but if you're winning, you're at worst a 62/38 favorite in a 3-way pot (against a flush draw and trips). Most importantly, your opponents have no implied odds against you if you're winning because you have an easy fold if another diamond comes or the board makes two pair/trips.

09-02-2005, 12:17 PM
He is just about all-in if he calls the turn anyway so implied odds don't matter that much...in fact with so few chips left I am calling any river if I call the turn.

But I agree...you have to call at this point. I think you are looking at trip twos or a Q with a decent kicker and an A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB could have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQx