PDA

View Full Version : Still trying to increase WtSD #2

beachbum
08-31-2005, 09:21 PM
Villian is loose preflop, and neutrally aggressive post.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Bet the flop or take the free card? I definitely would bet the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Turn: (4 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP folds, Hero calls.

River: (6 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

It seems like a pretty easy fold, I just want to make sure. Pot's pretty small. He could've been betting that Jack on the turn though. Is this a good place to raise the turn and take a free showdown? I've got a lot of pot equity here.

LImitPlayer
08-31-2005, 10:38 PM
This is an easy flop bet.

Once you bet the flop the rest of the hand plays out differently

SGS
08-31-2005, 10:58 PM
I'd bet the flop, check the turn, and call the river. Pre-flop looked like how I would play it though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

w_alloy
09-01-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet the flop, check the turn, and call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

first quote post /images/graemlins/wink.gif

protocol
09-01-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like a pretty easy fold

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel exactly the opposite. I think he is betting a Jack or a pair with the Ah far more than 1/8 of the time, making this an easy river call.
Also, I would definately bet the flop, so that I can hopefully take a free card if neccessary.

protocol
09-01-2005, 03:46 AM
Just out of curiousity, what is your WtSD, because I also feel that mine is much too low(~33), which makes me wonder why we disagree on this hand.

Nietzsche
09-01-2005, 03:48 AM
I definitely call. You are beat most of the time here but not nearly enough compared to the odds you are getting.

pfkaok
09-01-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like a pretty easy fold, I just want to make sure. Pot's pretty small.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a HU pot on the river, 7BB pot isn't too small. He could have a lot of different pairs here, or even just the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I like call here, but betting flop is better, and the hand would have played differently.