PDA

View Full Version : River ?

Trix
08-31-2005, 05:21 AM
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero ..

His stats were something like 40/20/2 with around 40 WSD and 4x won.

marand
08-31-2005, 06:00 AM
I would fold the river, but I think it's a difficult decision against this type of opponent.

The Truth
08-31-2005, 06:01 AM
what merit does raising the turn have?

marand
08-31-2005, 06:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what merit does raising the turn have?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like raising the turn because it really sucks to get 3-bet. We don't know how many outs we have. Flushdraw if often good, but not always. Sometimes A or J could be an out. Also I don't think the LAG will fold many hands (if any) which are ahead of us.

spydog
08-31-2005, 07:16 AM
A river raise would be OK here, although folding is also an option. Raising looks like a pretty strong hand to villian as we are pretty much representing trips or top pair, so I think he can fold hands like 7x or mid pocket pairs enough here.

I don't really like calling because for the extra BB I think we can fold some better hands to make raising better than calling.

aK13
08-31-2005, 07:38 AM
I fold. That board totally owns your hand IMO, and I can't really put a hand on villain that would play like this that doesn't have you beat.

Trix
08-31-2005, 07:57 AM
Happy birthday!

mr pink
08-31-2005, 09:29 AM
this looks like a fold to me.

his flop c/r is either representing a flush draw, a ten, an underpair, or air. 2 of those got there on the turn and aren't folding. i really don't think the Queen is a good card to bluff raise as if he was on air, the queen might have hit some of his likely holdings, if he c/r'd with AQ, KQ, QJ etc... i think you're only chance of taking this down is if he's on the underpair and is willing to lay it down to a river raise. that's quite and expensive parlay imo, there is just too much bad out there. calling is out of the question, right?

edit: just saw his wtsd of 40, given that i think it's fairly unlikely he folds to the river raise.

Trix
08-31-2005, 09:31 PM
I folded and he showed 9h8h. If 98s, not diamonds, is the only hand he CRs on the flop that I beat, then I think I can fold this river as Tx,7x,PP,XXd all beat me. People often see other stuff than that in this spot ?

Without knowing anything about opponent, Spicy said that he probably 3bet the flop.
That seem pretty reasonable aslong as the guy doesn´t like capping his draws or CR bluffing the turn after getting played back at or if it can move him off a better hand on some turn cards. K/Qs should put a fair ammount of pressure on him if I had 3bet the flop.

The Truth
09-01-2005, 05:14 AM
ohh i see it,
3 bet the flop.
check it down.

oreogod
09-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Well unless he has KT or AT or a mid pp I think a 3-bet on the flop works pretty well given the preflop action. Most of the time it seems like u are getting CRed by draws, gutshots and overs. 3-betting puts pressure on overcards and usually gets the drawing hands, such as 98, to calm the [censored] down (unless he's tricky or pretty aggressive).

So I agree on the flop 3-bet. Give the way it was played though, u are probably forced to fold.

Did Spicy mention what he would do on the turn? Bet/check (I be checking)?

Trix
09-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Think he would bet, but again, he only saw it pokerhanded, so he had no reads.