PDA

View Full Version : Strange river question - 20/40

DrGutshot
08-30-2005, 04:28 AM
CO here is slightly more LAG than TAG, but not out of control. Stats were around 25/15 fullhanded, 2.2 postflop aggro. This means that a river raise bluff was possible from him, but maybe I could fold to it anyways? Also, for what it's worth, I paused a good 15 seconds before finally chosing my action - maybe he would be more likely to bluff raise after that?

I raise 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif after UTG folds, folds to CO who coldcalls, BB also calls. 3 to the flop.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, I bet???, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet hoping I'm charging a king (he's not folding any other pair here), CO calls again.

River 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

?

Thanks,

-DrG

elindauer
08-30-2005, 06:36 AM
Yuck.

Betting the flop is poor. You are basically hoping that nobody has a card higher than an 8. Not likely.

Betting the turn is god awful. There's no way you can get a fold. You think you're charging a king? What king does a 25 VPIP player coldcall with that is still unpaired on a QJT board?? You think he's coldcalling K...8! Come on.

On the river, you make your crap straight and still don't have a hand worth getting excited about. Would he have just called the flop with top 2 pair? Would he coldcall QJ in the first place? About the only hands you can beat are AQ and AJ. I doubt he'll bet these, so my instinct is to check to him and fold if he bets.

Good luck.
Eric