PDA

View Full Version : Getting tested for STDs

Lawrence Ng
08-30-2005, 01:35 AM
So what does the doctor do? I heard they actually stick something up the hole of the penis. Is this true?

Lawrence

sam h
08-30-2005, 01:37 AM
They use a little stick with a cotton swab on the end, like for cleaning ears but smaller. Not fun.

Voltron87
08-30-2005, 01:44 AM
if youve never had sex or a blowjob you cant have an std, what are you worried about lawrence?

wacki
08-30-2005, 02:18 AM
When I get tested I normally just get blood drawn. Worry about the big ones. Bacteria can (normally) be cured, viruses are what you need to worry about most. HIV, Hep-C, etc. Hep-C is much more common than you think.

7ontheline
08-30-2005, 02:23 AM
There is a urethral swab for one the chlamydia/gonorrhea screen. However, for people who are at high risk we always just gave them the treatment since it's just a couple doses of failry benign antibiotics. Most guys don't like things stuck up there. I don't remember all the details - I do ophthalmology now, so anything below the neck is way out of my area these days.

craig r
08-30-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So what does the doctor do? I heard they actually stick something up the hole of the penis. Is this true?

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with what most people said. But, most STD's (other than HIV, Hep, etc...) are pretty noticeable. You aren't going to get the clap and not know it. I think chlamydia is really the only one you can have and not know for a while.

craig

p.s. It sucks

JaBlue
08-30-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if youve never had sex or a blowjob you cant have an std, what are you worried about lawrence?

[/ QUOTE ]

Much smoother would be "you can't have an STD without the S"

Lawrence Ng
08-30-2005, 04:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I get tested I normally just get blood drawn. Worry about the big ones. Bacteria can (normally) be cured, viruses are what you need to worry about most. HIV, Hep-C, etc. Hep-C is much more common than you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do need to get a blood test done, it's been ages since I've done that. I'd much rather they poke me in the arm and draw blood than stick some swab up my dick.

Lawrence

craig r
08-30-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do need to get a blood test done, it's been ages since I've done that. I'd much rather they poke me in the arm and draw blood than stick some swab up my dick.

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was living in boston I fcked this girl and the condom broke. about two days later my dick itched and it stung a little when i pissed. so, i went to the dr. and they did the swab thing. It was not pleasant, but most of it is was in my mind. It was bad, but not that bad. I have lots of tats that were way more painful. and even headaches. just don't look.

craig

p.s. I had a urinary tract infection not an STD. I was kind of upset because the Dr. didn't even have me do a piss test until after the swab.

p.s.s. Her sister did give me chlamydia though. But as payback I collected all the needles from heroin junkies around boston and had her shoot up. She just got a urinary track infection.

craig r
08-30-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

[/ QUOTE ]

When I was living in boston I fcked this girl and the condom broke. about two days later my dick itched and it stung a little when i pissed. so, i went to the dr. and they did the swab thing. It was not pleasant, but most of it is was in my mind. It was bad, but not that bad. I have lots of tats that were way more painful. and even headaches. just don't look.

craig

p.s. I had a urinary tract infection not an STD. I was kind of upset because the Dr. didn't even have me do a piss test until after the swab.

p.s.s. Her sister did give me chlamydia though. But as payback I collected all the needles from heroin junkies around boston and had her shoot up. She just got a urinary track infection.

p.p.p.s. In all seriousness why are you concerned about anything but a blood test. Most STD's, other than chlamydia sometimes, you will find out pretty quickly?

Jezebel
08-30-2005, 07:36 AM
When I was in high school, I thought I might have contracted something due to the fire shooting out of my dick when I pissed. In order to avoid having to explain to my parents what the issue might be I decided to go to the Free Clinic to get tested.

As I waited in the waiting room with no less than 3 transexuals and a few other shady characters I realized that maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Just as I was about to chicken out and leave, they called me back to the exam room.

The doctor was about 70 years old and looked like he had been up for about 70 hours straight. As he walks in he is reading my "chart" and asks me, "So son, get hold of some bad pussy did you?" This caught me off guard and I tried to explain that it wasn't all that bad but that I was now having second thoughts on how good it was, given the fact that I'm now in a Free Clinic. He chuckled and had me drop trough. About this time he pulls out what looks to me to be a brush similar to the one I use to clean my 12 gauge. I ask what thats for and he quickly explains that its for a culture swab. I have no idea what he is going to swab with this drain snake in his hand until he grabs hold of "me" and starts to "clear the drain". I pull back immediately and try to convince the doc that there must be some other way. Just give me the shot and I'll be on my merry way. Well they don't just give out meds at the free clinic, they have to do tests, he explains.

So he grabs hold of "me" not so gently and proceeds to roto-rooter with aforementioned shotgun swab. I begin to holler and he tells me not to be a pussy and take it like a man. I leave an emotionally scared young man to find out a week later that I only had a urinary tract infection.

Good times.

oreogod
08-30-2005, 08:09 AM
First, if u've been bangin bitches and its been some time...see the doc. Last thing we need is an STD to play the Kevin bacon game between between people, granted this is in canada, but whatever.

The swab up the peehole is only if u actually have some sort of secretion or bacteria (like gonnorea) or if u banged some bar slut and two days later it hurts to pee. Ive had the Qtip crap done to me twice (learned my lesson both times let me tell u)...it hurts but it takes 2-3 seconds. Long seconds, but whatever. Thank god when I got something all it needed was antibiotics.

oreogod
08-30-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So he grabs hold of "me" not so gently and proceeds to roto-rooter with aforementioned shotgun swab. I begin to holler and he tells me not to be a pussy and take it like a man. I leave an emotionally scared young man to find out a week later that I only had a urinary tract infection.

Good times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was like 17 the first time I had it done. The doc pulled out the qtip and I was like u have to be [censored] kidding me. Hes like, only be a sec. So he goes to do it, I close my eyes and keep pulling back. I do that twice and he's like, "Im not going to stand here all god damn day staring at your [censored] dick, Im going to try this one more time, otherwise u can leave"