PDA

View Full Version : Let the LAG bet my hand for me?

iceman5
08-25-2005, 10:47 AM
What do you guys think about this hand? $5/$10 NL

Lag raises to $40 in EP. I am the only caller in the BB with AQs. I only have 60 hands with him, but his VIP is 60% and his preflop raise is 15-20%. Hes involved in alot of hands past the flop but hasnt gone crazy and is winning.

Pot is $85. Flop comes Q92 with 2 diamonds (I have clubs). I check. He bets $50 and I call.

Pot $185. Turn is a 7. He bets $80 and I call. Ive pretty much decided to just call him down and let him bet my hand for me. The only thing Im afraid of is a K, or maybe a diamond. He has to think Im chasing diamonds since Im just calling. I think he either has me beat with AA / KK or more likely he has KQ / QJ or something like that.

Most people would say that I have to put in a raise somewhere "to define my hand". I dont subscribe to that theory. I think calling him down has some merit because he will bet alot of hands that I beat since Im not getting aggressive and he probably thinks I chasing the flush. What do you think?

Pot $345. River is another 2 . I check / call $110.

1) What does he have?
2) Who wins?
3) What do you think of my passive play here?

tradingman123
08-25-2005, 11:11 AM
1) What does he have?

K/Q ~ 60% of time, Q/J ~ 20%, A/Q ~ 10%, Air ~ 10%
2) Who wins?

You do, at worst its a split.

I think it looks fine. What would have done if he overbet teh river or turn?

flawless_victory
08-25-2005, 11:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

You do, at worst its a split.

[/ QUOTE ]uhh??? he does not have the nut hand. not really even close... not even close to close. LOL.
BTW/ this looks ok iceman... i think betting 2/3 on riv would be good, but i dont mind the check/call if this guy is agggro.

tradingman123
08-25-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]uhh??? he does not have the nut hand. not really even close... not even close to close. LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would a LAG not use his image to bet big when he has a bigger hand. Seems like he wants to show it down.

Leptyne
08-25-2005, 12:28 PM
This smells and feels like a weaker Q, probably KQ, could be QJ. I'm guessing KQ. There is both a flush draw and a straight draw and Villain doesn't seem interested in protecting his hand. It looks like his flop bet advertises a Q, but he could be betting the draw. Since it's a raised pot you obviously had some cards worth a $40 call. His pot lead is either weak or he's looking for (or afraid of) a check-raise.

I don't see any advantage in taking away the action from a LAGgy. Good plan to let him bet your hand for you. Call the flop and check to him again on the turn. His weak turn bet looks like you called it correctly, so show it down and show me the money.

radioheadfan
08-25-2005, 12:38 PM
The problem is the LAG will bet the turn and river bigger when he has you beat, and you'll still have to call.

My default is to put in a healthy turn check raise.

iceman5
08-25-2005, 12:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is the LAG will bet the turn and river bigger when he has you beat, and you'll still have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if he makes it that obvious when he has a big hand (and Im not sure he does since I only have 60 hands with him)..cant I call him down when he bets small and fold when he bets big? Why fold him off his medium to weak hand with a check raise?

flawless_victory
08-25-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if he makes it that obvious when he has a big hand (and Im not sure he does since I only have 60 hands with him)..cant I call him down when he bets small and fold when he bets big? Why fold him off his medium to weak hand with a check raise?

[/ QUOTE ]iceman just totally sonned you dog.

iceman5
08-25-2005, 01:26 PM
I called him down and he had K3 of hearts. No pair, no draw. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Big_Jim
08-25-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems like he wants to show it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does?

fisherman112
08-26-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1) What does he have?
2) Who wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) how could we possibly know? he bet all three streets and you called. this could be a huge amount of hands
2) doesnt a correct answer to 1 tell us that?
3) i dont hate a small river raise here. of course, this depends on how loose of a caller he is.

really, this is fine occassionally against a guy who bets everything on all streets, but dont make this your standard play against loose pfr's because you're going to get showndown some terrible turn and river suckouts and it'll be entirely your fault.

ginko
08-26-2005, 05:41 AM
You play bad. You have a lot to think about.