PDA

View Full Version : KJo makes second nut flush on river, oop

DavidC
08-24-2005, 10:00 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (6 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero to act... BB is loose preflop and not stellar post-flop, UTG is an unknown.

------------------

Bet, call a raise?

Raise preflop?

Me and You
08-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Bet/call raise I think and hope the others arn't lucky. I wouldn't raise preflop as KJo ain't that good against UTG. IMO. However if they were suited another story.

Shillx
08-24-2005, 10:09 PM
C'mon DC bet the damn river already. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is the ole "they will call with more hand than they will bet" argument. It works here very well.

Brad /images/graemlins/heart.gif Tobin James Brut. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

grjr
08-24-2005, 10:12 PM
Bet/call raise although I've never in my life had a one card K high flush where someone didn't have the ace.

I would never raise KJo from the SB unless it was a steal situation.

teajay
08-24-2005, 10:12 PM
I would likely bet/call a raise.
I would not want this to get checked through, which is my reason for betting.

Having second nut flush using only one in your pocket isn't great, but I would think that if you get raised you'll need to call because you may be raised with a weaker flush and you'll likely be getting around 10:1.

Against better opponents a check call may be better.

*EDit: I don't raise PF. Maybe i'm too weak, but you're going to be OOP here and this hand isn't great.

DavidC
08-24-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
C'mon DC bet the damn river already. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is the ole "they will call with more hand than they will bet" argument. It works here very well.

Re: the sig... did you lose a bet? j/c

Brad /images/graemlins/heart.gif Tobin James Brut. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah yeah, I bet, and they both called, but that's not the point. Do I call if they raise?

DavidC
08-24-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet/call raise although I've never in my life had a one card K high flush where someone didn't have the ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think I'm missing an important step. The correct line is:

Bet, punch self in nuts, Call.

gopnik
08-24-2005, 10:45 PM
would anybody 3-bet if raised on the river?
A big spade might raise the river because it's hard to put hero on the flush here.

nomadtla
08-24-2005, 10:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude get a cat: kicking cat/puking in bucket=+EV
punching self in nuts/puking on self=-EV

DavidC
08-24-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude get a cat: kicking cat/puking in bucket=+EV
punching self in nuts/puking on self=-EV

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point, although, for true +EV the cat has to be free, so I recommend either cat sitting for a neighbour while they go on vacation, or adopting a cat from one of those shelters for abused animals.