PDA

View Full Version : How'd I play this? Just looking for feedback.

08-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 25.25 BB

Vote4Pedro
08-23-2005, 11:30 PM
Cap the flop, Cap the turn, Cap the river...theres no reason to get tricky against .5/1 monkeys

cold_cash
08-23-2005, 11:33 PM
I likely would have 3-bet the flop and just kept on firing.

I hate the turn check, but after you've done it, I hate the lack of a check-raise even more.

Nobody's calling on the river with four diamonds, but they'll call on the turn.

08-23-2005, 11:33 PM
The reason I didn't cap the flop is because he had flopped a flush on me a few hands earlier and after about 30 hands he is read as LAP. On the turn when I hit the full house, I thought that the other guy not the LAP was on a draw so I figured it was safe to call behind and c/r the river knowing that the LAP would bet again and the guy would call. I didn't know he would be 4 betting with me but now I know. Again I only did this because he is read as LAP right now.

Harv72b
08-23-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cap the flop, Cap the turn, Cap the river...theres no reason to get tricky against .5/1 monkeys

[/ QUOTE ]

In addition, any high, single diamond (and many not-so-high single diamonds) will gladly call as many raises as you can make on the flop &amp; turn. The same will not be true on the river.

cold_cash
08-23-2005, 11:35 PM
If you somehow "knew" the Button was on a draw, not raising the turn when you have the chance to trap him for an extra bet is even worse.

davelin
08-23-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On the turn when I hit the full house, I thought that the other guy not the LAP was on a draw so I figured it was safe to call behind and c/r the river...

[/ QUOTE ]

If the third player is on a draw, why would he call bets on the river when his draw misses?

benkath1
08-23-2005, 11:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The reason I didn't cap the flop is because he had flopped a flush on me a few hands earlier and after about 30 hands he is read as LAP. On the turn when I hit the full house, I thought that the other guy not the LAP was on a draw so I figured it was safe to call behind and c/r the river knowing that the LAP would bet again and the guy would call. I didn't know he would be 4 betting with me but now I know. Again I only did this because he is read as LAP right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

How bout including some of this pertinent information in your OP.

cappity cap cap,
cappity cap cap,
look at cappy go.

detruncate
08-24-2005, 12:27 AM
Welcome to the forum. Provide reads with your post. We need to know what you did.

Even if he flipped over a made flush on the flop a 3-bet would be for value -- slim value, but value none the less. You'll make a boat or quads ~36.6% of the time and are only putting in 33.3% of the pot. Add to that the fact that Villain is much more likely to have a hand you're ahead of than to have flopped a flush and it's a rock solid 3-bet for value.

Waiting for the turn is not a great strategy OOP with this board. It's going to check through a lot. It's even worse in this case, as a weak Ace or flush might be scared off when the board pairs. Once it goes to plan, though, you need to c/r. Diamonds aren't going anywhere, but will fold the river unless they hit their draw. You have both opponents trapped. A flush or 8 will probably put in many bets. You need to raise.

The river is obviously fine.

Marquis
08-24-2005, 12:32 AM
The problem with waiting until the river with your big monster is all the bets you missed on the turn when the opponent has a smaller monster.

Rev. Good Will
08-24-2005, 01:39 AM
[grunch]
maybe 3-bet flop... If you really believed he had the goods, the line you took is fine.

bet/ca[ the teurn yuo mofo!

river is AWESOME!!!!!elevenes!!

-drunk RGW
[/runch_

EDIT - wait, even if you though he had the flush, you had enough ecuity wiht the CO there ot fill up to a house or better, bet cap the flop man!

08-24-2005, 01:42 AM
Thanks for all the input I have just started playing .50/1.00 since reading sshe a few times through so I am just getting broken in. Thanks again.

08-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Three diamonds on the flop, which leaves ten diamonds among the six remaining players. I somehow doubt someone flopped a flush here.

I can understand your call of a raise on the flop, but FFS, cap that turn and river. You've got nuts here, you NEED to get value out of them.

08-24-2005, 02:22 AM
Hah okay I'll remember that. On a side note, I have played a total of 459 hands now since starting yesterday. My VP$IP is 18%, my PFR is 9%, 2.23 agr factor, and 35% to showdown. I am rated TA. How are these stats? Am I seeing too many showdowns?

Fryguy
08-24-2005, 02:51 AM
WAY WAY too small of a sample size, but yah the numbers look fine.

I'm OK with this flop play. Turn you NEED to lead out, or at the very least checkraise. Check/calling here is TERRIBLE.