PDA

View Full Version : First time whore doesn't want to miss anything

GoCubsGo
08-19-2005, 04:01 PM
I have never whored before. I started with $15 on PokerStars and have worked my way up to about $500. Pretty soon I'm going to cash out and use the money to start whoring. I figure I'm at an advantage to experienced whores because I haven't used any of the possible bonuses yet. I've read through Gonzo's whoring 101 and have been looking around for the best bonuses for a while now. Here's a few questions I have:

-It looks like Party skins are the place to go for someone with a bankroll of around $500. Am I right?

-I do not have any cash transfer accounts yet. Gonzo suggests Netteller. Is that who I should use?

-I do not have Poker Tracker yet. I found one site where I could get it for free for playing a certain amount of raked hands. Are there any places to get PT and not have to pay, or should I just buy it and stick to bonuses?

-Any other tips you can give me would be much appreciated. Is there anything I can add on top of the 20% bonus up to $500 at Party Poker?

Thanks for reading and sorry for such newbie questions.

SnglMaltScotch
08-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Make sure that you get rakeback at several party skin sites. Check the classifieds for this.

Get PokerTracker. Buy it now. There is no better way to improve your game.

The only other suggestion that I might give is to start at some of the sites that offer regular monthly bonuses that you can't claim next month. The crypto bonuses are a good start. PokerPlex is probably best. Once you work through the regular monthly bonuses start Party skins.

Good Luck.

GoCubsGo
08-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Sorry. Should have mentioned I play $.25/$.50. PokerPlex requires that I play at least $.50/$1. Also, I don't understand how that monthly bonus would be more profitable than the Party skins.

I thought I read that rakeback takes away from bonuses. Is this true?

SnglMaltScotch
08-19-2005, 05:03 PM
First off, party doesn't have .25/.50 unless you are talking about NL. I don't play NL so I can't comment.

The bonuses from Party will be there forever. You can claim them over time as you work through the monthly bonuses at other sites. If you don't claim the monthly bonuses every month, you lose them. Since we are getting pretty late in August, you would want to get working on the monthly ones pretty quickly (if you can play at the proper limits)

Bonuses take away from Rakeback. Rakeback does not affect bonuses at all. However, you can't sign up for rakeback later. If you ever get to the point where you are making more money from rakeback (probably 5/10 limit) you will want to have rakeback.

GoCubsGo
08-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Yes, I'm talking about NL. Thanks for your help. More questions to come later as they come to mind.

SoCalRugger
08-19-2005, 05:40 PM
Just remember that once you make your initial deposit to a Crypto site, that portion of your bankroll will be tied up for at least a week - maybe more if there's a problem with your PIN (which happened to me at InterPoker). So make sure you're willing to put up with the Cryptos for that long before you do this.

titans01
08-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Like these guys said, get the rakebacks in place. It won't hurt your whoring and if you ever get tired of the bonus whoring you will still have a nice kickback for your play. Also there is several sites that give you some nice gifts for doing a site through them. Take advantage of this, it is usually worth about $50 - $60 a site.

GoCubsGo
08-19-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like these guys said, get the rakebacks in place. It won't hurt your whoring and if you ever get tired of the bonus whoring you will still have a nice kickback for your play. Also there is several sites that give you some nice gifts for doing a site through them. Take advantage of this, it is usually worth about $50 - $60 a site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I take the gift AND receive a bonus at the same time? For example, could I get PokerTracker as a gift and also get 20% bonus at Party?

titans01
08-19-2005, 05:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can I take the gift AND receive a bonus at the same time? For example, could I get PokerTracker as a gift and also get 20% bonus at Party?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely. That's my point. I did so many of these for free when I could of got a little something extra. This is just for the ones you won't be getting rakeback on.

08-19-2005, 06:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll 2nd that. Just go buy pokertracker now, assuming you intend to actually win money playing poker and you're not just in it for the bonuses.

playersare
08-19-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is conflicting advice, though both sides of the argument are good in of themselves.

if one affiliate is offering you rakeback at one site and another affiliate is offering you a $60 gift at the SAME site, you will have to choose one or the other because of the way that the affiliates are paid.

affiliate #1 offering rakeback is paid by a percentage of attributed rake revenue that you generate during play (minus bonuses unless specified by the site's T&C). usually that commission is 30-40%, so then 25-30% is rebated back to you after each billing period.

affiliate #2 is paid a flat fee per signup (also known as CPA). this is usually around $75 per person, as long as the new player reaches a minimum number of raked hands - usually between 250-500. from the $75, the 'swag' affiliate offers you $60 worth of merchandise like a chipset, books and DVD's, or a gift certificate.

but you cannot get BOTH #1 and #2 when signing up at a new site. you have to decide in advance what's worth more to you based on how much rake you intend to generate to the site over time. if you're a recreational 50c/$1 player or bonus whore enthusiast, might make more sense to do the CPA deal and get something right away. on the other hand, if you're already 4-tabling $5/10 and are looking to earn serious rebate money every month, then obviously you'll get more out of the rakeback deal.

GoCubsGo
08-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Okay, that makes sense. Then what is a good site to do a CPA? Poker source online is offering Poker Tracker if I sign up to a site. There are many choices. I think this will probably be my first site to hit up as I want to get PT as soon as possible. Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but can I get rakeback on Party Poker? If I can't than I think a nice plan would be to sign up for it through poker source and collect PT and my $100 bonus. You like?

whittiphil
08-19-2005, 09:58 PM
You can get rakeback on party

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, that makes sense. Then what is a good site to do a CPA? Poker source online is offering Poker Tracker if I sign up to a site. There are many choices. I think this will probably be my first site to hit up as I want to get PT as soon as possible. Sorry to ask such a dumb question, but can I get rakeback on Party Poker? If I can't than I think a nice plan would be to sign up for it through poker source and collect PT and my $100 bonus. You like?

[/ QUOTE ]

playersare
08-19-2005, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You can get rakeback on party

[/ QUOTE ]
no you can't noob. name your source.

playersare
08-19-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
in my experience, PSO is one of best "swag" affiliates in the business. their deal for Party Poker probably has the lowest raked hand requirement which gets you the full $100 bonus, plus the 6000 points (look in their forums for a public upgrade code to get 9000 points instead).

the only sites which I might suggest you save for rakeback affiliates (instead of CPA) are Absolute and Ultimate Bet. otherwise, most of the "swag" sites don't have rakeback and vice versa. here's a quick breakdown:

get the rakeback at:
Absolute
Ultimate Bet
Crypto skins (or save at least one)
Prima skins (or save at least one)
any Party skins which are not Party itself

get the CPA swag at:
Party
Bodog
Paradise
Pacific
Pokerroom

GoCubsGo
08-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Thank you very much. That helps a lot. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

titans01
08-21-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is conflicting advice, though both sides of the argument are good in of themselves.

if one affiliate is offering you rakeback at one site and another affiliate is offering you a $60 gift at the SAME site, you will have to choose one or the other because of the way that the affiliates are paid.

affiliate #1 offering rakeback is paid by a percentage of attributed rake revenue that you generate during play (minus bonuses unless specified by the site's T&C). usually that commission is 30-40%, so then 25-30% is rebated back to you after each billing period.

affiliate #2 is paid a flat fee per signup (also known as CPA). this is usually around $75 per person, as long as the new player reaches a minimum number of raked hands - usually between 250-500. from the $75, the 'swag' affiliate offers you $60 worth of merchandise like a chipset, books and DVD's, or a gift certificate.

but you cannot get BOTH #1 and #2 when signing up at a new site. you have to decide in advance what's worth more to you based on how much rake you intend to generate to the site over time. if you're a recreational 50c/$1 player or bonus whore enthusiast, might make more sense to do the CPA deal and get something right away. on the other hand, if you're already 4-tabling $5/10 and are looking to earn serious rebate money every month, then obviously you'll get more out of the rakeback deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you are correct on not getting #1 and #2 together. Sorry I didn't make that clearer. I'm just saying that you don't need a rakeback deal with every site on a skin. For example there is several Prima skins that have rakeback deals but it wouldn't make sense to have rakeback with all of them IMO. Instead get rackback with a couple and get a gift through an affiliate.
I'm basically a low limit (.5/1 & 1/2 limit) bonus whore yet I have passed up on CPA deals to get rakeback on each skin I whore. I just feel it's worth it because I don't know where my game or bonuses will be in the future. I could move up in limits and these deals will be more lucrative or the bonuses could start to dry up for the bonus whores.

winchips
08-25-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Make sure that you get rakeback at several party skin sites. Check the classifieds for this.

The only other suggestion that I might give is to start at some of the sites that offer regular monthly bonuses that you can't claim next month. The crypto bonuses are a good start. PokerPlex is probably best. Once you work through the regular monthly bonuses start Party skins.

Good Luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

you say to make sure you get rakeback at "several" party skins? why is that? you only would need it at one correct?

NanaAnna
08-25-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good Luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

you say to make sure you get rakeback at "several" party skins? why is that? you only would need it at one correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you like to play more than 4 tables.

You can only play 4 tables on a Party skin, and if you play more, (many guys play 6, 8, or more tables) you need (or better have) another rake back deal on another skin so you don't lose out on any rake back.

pokerjoker
08-25-2005, 02:53 PM
[quote} Are there any places to get PT and not have to pay

[/ QUOTE ]

dont be a dick.

pokerjoker
08-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Also check out www.bonuswhores.com. (http://www.bonuswhores.com.) They have good advice. You may recognize the name because it is flashing all over your screen right now.

winchips
08-25-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good Luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you like to play more than 4 tables.

You can only play 4 tables on a Party skin, and if you play more, (many guys play 6, 8, or more tables) you need (or better have) another rake back deal on another skin so you don't lose out on any rake back.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok thanks - i will just get one. i like to 6 table and everynow and then 8 table, but i will just clear bonuses on those extra tables and keep it at 4 tables for rakeback.

(that and i am almost out of party skins)
thanks

08-25-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll 2nd that. Just go buy pokertracker now, assuming you intend to actually win money playing poker and you're not just in it for the bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that pokertracker was good for limit...any comments on it's effectiveness for NL hold'em?

GoCubsGo
08-25-2005, 04:36 PM
How am I being a dick? If I get PT through PSO, PSO gives the money to PT. I'm not paying for it, but I'm not stealing it.

wbrumfiel
08-25-2005, 06:09 PM
He is talking about the line "anywhere else I can get PT for free" as in he thinks you are looking to steal it. PSO is probably the best way to go for PT. I reccomend getting the 9000 points promo and then just buying PT for 5500 points and saving the extra 3500 points for your next promo.

LordBP
08-25-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He is talking about the line "anywhere else I can get PT for free" as in he thinks you are looking to steal it. PSO is probably the best way to go for PT. I reccomend getting the 9000 points promo and then just buying PT for 5500 points and saving the extra 3500 points for your next promo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. Same with everything else it's better to get the points especially if you can get 9000 and then get want you want from the PSO store or get an Amazon GC because they have pretty much everything.