PDA

View Full Version : Fold?

Buccaneer
08-17-2005, 09:25 AM
I really, really, really wanted to play this hand. The whole table was >50% pre-flop except for MP1. He seemed to play solid. I believed his raise but not CO's 3 bet. When MP1 raised my plan was to see the flop for one raise and fold if not improved or if I saw another reason to stay in. CO made it more expensive that I wanted so I folded to MP1's cap.

Do you think I should have bailed on MP1's first raise?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero folds, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (19.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (11.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has Jd Jc (one pair, jacks).
CO has xh xh (an evil pair he did not pick up till the turn).
Outcome: CO wins 17.75 BB. </font>

tiltaholic
08-17-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really, really, really wanted to play this hand. The whole table was &gt;50% pre-flop except for MP1. He seemed to play solid. I believed his raise but not CO's 3 bet. When MP1 raised my plan was to see the flop for one raise and fold if not improved or if I saw another reason to stay in. CO made it more expensive that I wanted so I folded to MP1's cap.

Do you think I should have bailed on MP1's first raise?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero folds, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (19.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Turn: (11.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (15.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has Jd Jc (one pair, jacks).
CO has xh xh (an evil pair he did not pick up till the turn).
Outcome: CO wins 17.75 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

dude. that's really really really bad.
3-bet pf or fold it. i'd 3-bet unless i had a strong solid read MP only raised big pairs pf, and i never have that solid of a read.

i can't think of any routine situations where you would cold call 2 bets preflop and then fold to a cap in a 5 way pot.

if you "believed" MP1's raise, what does that mean?

also, not getting married to TT is good, but don't fold to 2 bets pf in a huge multiway pot.

edit: for spelling and to add reallys

davelin
08-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Your fold is terrible and shows a misunderstanding of pocket pairs.

Buccaneer
08-17-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought he had a PP that was better than mine. When he capped I was sure.

[ QUOTE ]
dude. that's really really really bad.
3-bet pf or fold it. i'd 3-bet unless i had a strong solid read MP only raised big pairs pf, and i never have that solid of a read.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you are saying that I lost my balls I think I must agree.

jrz1972
08-17-2005, 09:56 AM
You should be 3-betting and calling a cap. I passionately hate both your flop decision.

Buccaneer
08-17-2005, 09:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

davelin, no need to sugar coat it!

Seriously-your brutal honesty has motivated me to reread that section of the SSHE bible.

Redd
08-17-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't actually change the decision. With 5 people in the pot, you're easily getting odds to draw to a set. You're about 7.5:1 to flop a set and your draw will be something like 18:2 with great implied odds. You have the odds to call pf and fold the flop without a set if you want (and it is possible you're still beating AK if a low naked flop comes).

Plus, I would 3-bet this myself, because it's a great hand and you can protect against overs.

davelin
08-17-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

davelin, no need to sugar coat it!

Seriously-your brutal honesty has motivated me to reread that section of the SSHE bible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just calculate what your pot odds were when you were faced with the call and what your odds are of improving to a set on the flop.

tiltaholic
08-17-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so do people only raise preflop with JJ-AA?

Buccaneer
08-17-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course not!

SSHE, pg. 82, WWSD (What Would Sklansky Do) Against a Raise AND a reraise you play TT. I suck, but not as bad as last week.

Jaran
08-17-2005, 02:11 PM
3bet pf. Since you didn't, when it comes back to you capped, you really should call for set value. The pot is going to be ginormous.

-Jaran

bottomset
08-17-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats all I raise /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jaran
08-17-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats all I raise /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you changing your name to Shill?

-Jaran