PDA

View Full Version : OOT heed my call

Popinjay
08-17-2005, 02:37 AM
I'm going off to college in a few weeks and could use some new clothes (pants, shirts, lace panties, shoes). So please help me pick some out. Cool/funny t-shirts from online places would be nice and other links or images are much appreciated.

Gracias y vaya con dios mis amigos.

Brainwalter
08-17-2005, 02:41 AM
Great avatar.

nothumb
08-17-2005, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Cool/funny t-shirts from online places would be a great way to pigeonhole myself as a computer geek, other links or images are much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude, I don't think the t-shirts with funny [censored] on them are going to get you any of the attention you want. In my college days kids who wore these were just passing around the freaky, clingy, butterface computer chicks and D&D wenches. The thought of those people bumping uglies makes me feel queasy to this day.

Want to look good and have fun? Get a few nice shirts with buttons or collars that make you feel confident, one pair of jeans slightly nicer than what you usually wear (get some girl to pick them out if you can) and some board shorts and flip-flops for the shower. Thank me later.

NT

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-17-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cool/funny t-shirts from online places would be a great way to pigeonhole myself as a computer geek, other links or images are much appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry dude, I don't think the t-shirts with funny [censored] on them are going to get you any of the attention you want. In my college days kids who wore these were just passing around the freaky, clingy, butterface computer chicks and D&D wenches. The thought of those people bumping uglies makes me feel queasy to this day.

Want to look good and have fun? Get a few nice shirts with buttons or collars that make you feel confident, one pair of jeans slightly nicer than what you usually wear (get some girl to pick them out if you can) and some board shorts and flip-flops for the shower. Thank me later.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I bought a [censored]-ton of shirts from Threadless and Busted Tees, and I think some of them are great ice-breakers. It's fun going to a top of the line liberal arts school (Amherst) and wear a shirt that says "My other shirt has its collar up" on it. The chicks that dig the shirt are the chicks I will totally dig. It's easier to open up when you have something to talk about on your shirt.

That said, while I have a [censored] ton of tees, I also have very nice button down shirts for going out and very nice jeans (DKNY and Gap). I just hate the fratastic look for going out, so I chose metro.

Also, since you want links and picture or something, I bought some very nice shoes at Aldo this week that I think are awesome.

Blue shoe (http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/7177/ablueshoe9ye.jpg)

Black Shoe (http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4176/ablackshoe3qk.jpg)

They both go well with jeans, but look much nicer than your avg. sneaker. The only problem might be that they are leather. I also have a pair of Roos and a pair of normal sneakers to use for other stuff but they also look nice enough to go out in.

But yeah, I wear t-shirts during the day, and if I go out I wear a button down with rolled up sleeves or a polo.

Eurotrash
08-17-2005, 03:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I bought a [censored]-ton of shirts from Threadless and Busted Tees, and I think some of them are great ice-breakers. It's fun going to a top of the line liberal arts school (Amherst) and wear a shirt that says "My other shirt has its collar up" on it. The chicks that dig the shirt are the chicks I will totally dig. It's easier to open up when you have something to talk about on your shirt.

That said, while I have a [censored] ton of tees, I also have very nice button down shirts for going out and very nice jeans (DKNY and Gap). I just hate the fratastic look for going out, so I chose metro.

Also, since you want links and picture or something, I bought some very nice shoes at Aldo this week that I think are awesome.

Black Shoe (http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4176/ablackshoe3qk.jpg)

They both go well with jeans, but look much nicer than your avg. sneaker. The only problem might be that they are leather. I also have a pair of Roos and a pair of normal sneakers to use for other stuff but they also look nice enough to go out in.

But yeah, I wear t-shirts during the day, and if I go out I wear a button down with rolled up sleeves or a polo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes. I'm not even sure where to start on this one. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-17-2005, 03:59 AM
"YOU LIKE THE CACK!" would be a good place.

Mason Hellmuth
08-17-2005, 04:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In my college days kids who wore these were just passing around the freaky, clingy, butterface computer chicks and D&D wenches.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds hot. Where do I sign up?

runner4life7
08-17-2005, 04:09 AM
My opinion...I like Banana Republic and Express Men, I think you are a guy.... im too drunk too tell but those are my favorite stores. Also At the mall or online you can find stuff by Ben Sherman, google him if nothing else, its nice and if you make enough playing poker its all no big deal so I'm all about spending money on clothes to make me happy.

Jack of Arcades
08-17-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In my college days kids who wore these were just passing around the freaky, clingy, butterface computer chicks and D&D wenches.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sounds hot. Where do I sign up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what the hell's the problem with that?

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-17-2005, 04:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My opinion...I like Banana Republic and Express Men, I think you are a guy.... im too drunk too tell but those are my favorite stores. Also At the mall or online you can find stuff by Ben Sherman, google him if nothing else, its nice and if you make enough playing poker its all no big deal so I'm all about spending money on clothes to make me happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like BR and Express are both kind of plain. Keep in mind this is from a guy whose embroidered shirt count is now 3. I did see a nice shirt at BR over the weekend though, but I wasn't dropping $80 on it.

kipin
08-17-2005, 06:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which bowling alley did you steal those from?

codewarrior
08-17-2005, 06:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
D&D wenches

[/ QUOTE ]

These do not exist. You're talking crazy talk. Photographic evidence?

Jack of Arcades
08-17-2005, 07:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
D&D wenches

[/ QUOTE ]

These do not exist. You're talking crazy talk. Photographic evidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

I live with one:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v59/varuna/DCP02104.jpg

The girl on the right. She's actively involved in a game of Silver Age Sentinels. (I've never played D&D in my life.)

Schneids
08-17-2005, 09:04 AM
Go shopping with a girl and have her pick out 100% of your clothes.

Yeti
08-17-2005, 09:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 09:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so wrong.

RunDownHouse
08-17-2005, 09:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In my college days kids who wore these were just passing around the freaky, clingy, butterface computer chicks and D&D wenches. The thought of those people bumping uglies makes me feel queasy to this day.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
The chicks that dig the shirt are the chicks I will totally dig.

[/ QUOTE ]
Easiest. Setup. Ever.

Jake, going with a female friend to pick out your clothes is almost always best, as long as you're smart enough not to pick a female that wants to make you look gay.

DemonDeac
08-17-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

now i def know that jake is the gimmick account badadviceguy

Yeti
08-17-2005, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is so wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Take a girl you would be happy to hook up with. Let her dress you. Bingo bango bongo, you are now someone she would like to hook up with.

It's not rocket science.

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 09:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Jake, going with a female friend to pick out your clothes is almost always best, as long as you're smart enough not to pick a female that wants to make you look gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem. Girls know how to buy clothes for themselves. They have no idea how to buy guy clothes. The result is that you end up with "outfits" that will "look cute on you". Just go to the damn store and buy some normal guy clothes.

DemonDeac
08-17-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem. Girls know how to buy clothes for themselves. They have no idea how to buy guy clothes. The result is that you end up with "outfits" that will "look cute on you". Just go to the damn store and buy some normal guy clothes.

[/ QUOTE ]

girls think everything is cute for gods sake. if a girl puts a guy in cute guys, that means he looks good. its as simple as that. girls def know what they're doing.

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 09:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why? Take a girl you would be happy to hook up with. Let her dress you. Bingo bango bongo, you are now someone she would like to hook up with.

It's not rocket science.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're willing to walk around dressed like an idiot just to get laid. I outgrew that when I got out of highschool.

RunDownHouse
08-17-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can't find a single female friend that knows better than to put you in a metro striped shirt, there's an extremely high chance that you're a tool who would enjoy it anyways.

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
girls think everything is cute for gods sake. if a girl puts a guy in cute guys, that means he looks good. its as simple as that. girls def know what they're doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

no. more than likely what it will mean is that you look like a metrosexual idiot.

Schneids
08-17-2005, 09:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no. more than likely what it will mean is that you look like a metrosexual idiot.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK you have a brain to say "no I don't like that shirt it's too metro." Really, it's quite easy. I'd say I got about 80% of what a girl picked out, and said no to some of it. I'm very happy with the clothes I left with though and would not have selected clothing nearly as well w/o female help.

Los Feliz Slim
08-17-2005, 09:23 AM
http://prodtn.cafepress.com/1/25163451_F_tn.jpg

Yeti
08-17-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're willing to walk around dressed like an idiot just to get laid. I outgrew that when I got out of highschool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, my apologies jake. I didn't realise you have a better idea than the female population of what looks 'hot' on a guy.

[ QUOTE ]

OK you have a brain to say "no I don't like that shirt it's too metro." Really, it's quite easy. I'd say I got about 80% of what a girl picked out, and said no to some of it. I'm very happy with the clothes I left with though and would not have selected clothing nearly as well w/o female help.

[/ QUOTE ]

Schneids nails it again. You don't have to buy everything they suggest.

sfer
08-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Get 2-3 of everything and maximize the time between laundry.

tbach24
08-17-2005, 09:44 AM
For cool/trendy clothes, the two stores that were the best are Gap and American Eagle. I was at Filenes (which I've heard is closing sometime soon) and they had a line of Napoleon Dynamite clothing. I should've bought the Liger t-shirt.

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 09:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, my apologies jake. I didn't realise you have a better idea than the female population of what looks 'hot' on a guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That's my point. I don't dress to "look hot".

DemonDeac
08-17-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That's my point. I don't dress to "look hot".

[/ QUOTE ]

thats cuz ur married /images/graemlins/grin.gif

rory
08-17-2005, 10:08 AM
One time in college I saw signs all over the place for "Free Milk and Pants" in one of the lounges on campus. I went to the lounge and they asked me what size I was and what kind of milk I wanted. Then they gave me a carton of chocolate milk and a pretty snazzy pair of pants.

You could look around for those guys.

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-17-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoy not having a vagina run my life. Seriously, go to a store, look at clothes, try clothes on, ask yourself, "Do I look good in this?".

If the answer is yes, buy it. If the answer is no, don't buy it. It's quite simple. It took me all of 2 hours to get through pretty much every men's store in the biggest mall within 50 miles of me, this is with trying things on and even with going back to stores to look at something again...Dare I say it, it might have even been enjoyable.

I don't understand the huge male backlash against a desire to dress up.

Also, like I said, I think there's either two fashions to go with if you want to look good as a guy...fratastic or metrosexual. I suppose you could learn how to play an instrument and be dirty too, but I'm not that talented.

razor
08-17-2005, 10:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm going off to college in a few weeks and could use some new clothes (pants, shirts, lace panties, shoes). So please help me pick some out. Cool/funny t-shirts from online places would be nice and other links or images are much appreciated.

Gracias y vaya con dios mis amigos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Avatar rules... your post sucks... good luck at college.

rory
08-17-2005, 10:32 AM
not everyone likes what their mom picks out /images/graemlins/frown.gif

morgan180
08-17-2005, 11:18 AM
anyone wearing banana republic or express during the day in college is an idiot. what you need are the following:

- some good jeans (diesel, paper denim and cloth, mavi, other)
- some comfortable t-shirts that aren't trying to hard (blue marlin, others)
- some comfortable shoes that aren't nike/adidas/whatever (try etinies, vans, new balance trail, etc.)
- some comfortable non-logo sweatshirts, hooded or track style /zipper or not, up to you try gap, old navy, or the other majors

- if you can afford it try the rail at nordstroms. if not try urban outfitters and stay away from the obnoxious stuff in there. for shoes/casual clothes try tillys.com

these should cary you through 95% of your time at college. if you need a couple of outfits to pick it up a notch (like going out to a nice restaurant, etc.) then get a few items from BR/express and a polo or two with a pair of flat front kahkis and one pair of brown shoes and one pair of black shoes.

the biggest thing to remember is that in college no one is wearing new clothes on the first day - make sure everything you have has been worn and broken in properly prior to showing up - that way you won't look like such a noob.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-17-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the biggest thing to remember is that in college no one is wearing new clothes on the first day

[/ QUOTE ]
Be sure your tennis shoes are brand new bright white, though.

tomahawk
08-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Also a pianokey necktie never hurts

DrSavage
08-17-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen somewhere on TV that several gay males would also work.

Edge34
08-17-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the biggest thing to remember is that in college no one is wearing new clothes on the first day

[/ QUOTE ]
Be sure your tennis shoes are brand new bright white, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta keep the kicks fresh. Seriously. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

morgan180
08-17-2005, 12:03 PM
i almost forgot you definitely need a pair of these:

http://www.rainbowsandals.com/images/2004%20images/Prem_Leather_200.gif

Rainbows

DemonDeac
08-17-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i almost forgot you definitely need a pair of these:

http://www.rainbowsandals.com/images/2004%20images/Prem_Leather_200.gif

Rainbows

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. i just got a new pair of these today, biatch

theghost
08-17-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
- some comfortable shoes that aren't nike/adidas/whatever (try etinies, vans, new balance trail, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a pair of these (http://www.asicsamerica.com/onitsukatiger/), I like them.

jackdaniels
08-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Don't worry too much about the clothing you wear. Make sure you buy stuff that you feel comfortable in. If an "ice breaker" t-shirt does that - definitly buy some, also - buy enough stuff that you don't have to do laundry all the time (another poster recommended you buy multiples of stuff you like - this is good advice, follow it as what you like will be unavailable in a few short months).

As for asking a girl to help you shop: While it is nice to have a second opinion, I would much rather ask a FRIEND (male or female) to come along than ask some chick I was hoping to bang. She may or may not be helpful, but what is for sure is that she will clothe (sp?) you in stuff SHE finds appealing, with no regard to what you think/feel is "right" (you wouldn't ask her to join you if you knew wtf you were doing, right?). Get someone to come along if you want, but don't portray it as them helping you shop, I assure you they will give you their opinion either way - but this way you retain the initiative when seeking out stuff (instead of following them around with them grabbing stuff off racks saying "this would look great on you!")

Clothes you wear reflect the kind of person you are or want to be - if you want to be a poser, listen to any dumb schmuck on this site advising you to dress like they do. If you want to have personality (and attract like minded individuals - chicks and male friends) - wear what you feel comfortable in - it will boost your confidence, which in turn will allow you to be "real" when you speak with them (instead of trying to go with the image you are portraying with your choice of attire).

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-17-2005, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't worry too much about the clothing you wear. Make sure you buy stuff that you feel comfortable in. If an "ice breaker" t-shirt does that - definitly buy some, also - buy enough stuff that you don't have to do laundry all the time (another poster recommended you buy multiples of stuff you like - this is good advice, follow it as what you like will be unavailable in a few short months).

As for asking a girl to help you shop: While it is nice to have a second opinion, I would much rather ask a FRIEND (male or female) to come along than ask some chick I was hoping to bang. She may or may not be helpful, but what is for sure is that she will clothe (sp?) you in stuff SHE finds appealing, with no regard to what you think/feel is "right" (you wouldn't ask her to join you if you knew wtf you were doing, right?). Get someone to come along if you want, but don't portray it as them helping you shop, I assure you they will give you their opinion either way - but this way you retain the initiative when seeking out stuff (instead of following them around with them grabbing stuff off racks saying "this would look great on you!")

Clothes you wear reflect the kind of person you are or want to be - if you want to be a poser, listen to any dumb schmuck on this site advising you to dress like they do. If you want to have personality (and attract like minded individuals - chicks and male friends) - wear what you feel comfortable in - it will boost your confidence, which in turn will allow you to be "real" when you speak with them (instead of trying to go with the image you are portraying with your choice of attire).

[/ QUOTE ]
BOOOOOOOOO!

This was much to well-reasoned to be posted in OOT. Take your good advice elsewhere, n00b! It doesn't belong here.

jackdaniels
08-17-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
BOOOOOOOOO!

This was much to well-reasoned to be posted in OOT. Take your good advice elsewhere, n00b! It doesn't belong here.

[/ QUOTE ]

My apologies! I promise it won't happen again! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

morgan180
08-17-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless what you feel comfortable in is:

http://www.noticiasdot.com/publicaciones/2004/1104/2411/noticias241104/images/geek-squad.jpg

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

jake youre wrong. shopping with girls is the nuts. first of all, you score huge points with them, and its a great way to get laid. second of all if she actually knows what shes talking about (this is an if) youll get clothes that girls like, which is what matters. obviously some girls will give you bad advice, but if you get good advice its really helpful.

08-17-2005, 12:54 PM
the geek squad look makes my heart thump

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 12:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
jake youre wrong. shopping with girls is the nuts. first of all, you score huge points with them, and its a great way to get laid. second of all if she actually knows what shes talking about (this is an if) youll get clothes that girls like, which is what matters. obviously some girls will give you bad advice, but if you get good advice its really helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the problem:
1) Earn points? Get laid? Going shopping with a girl to get laid is just kinda pathetic.
2) What's to know? They're clothes! You wear them. This isn't rocket science! The whole "She knows what she's talking about..." argument is just silly.

morgan180
08-17-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Going shopping with a girl to get laid is just kinda pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

this argument makes no sense - you can replace "going shopping" with anything and its not pathetic. i'd argue that men spend the majority of their life doing stuff just to get laid, shopping is minor compared to most of them.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 01:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Earn points? Get laid? Going shopping with a girl to get laid is just kinda pathetic.
2) What's to know? They're clothes! You wear them. This isn't rocket science! The whole "She knows what she's talking about..." argument is just silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

point 1: if you find someone cool to do this with, you'll have a good time. someone whose girlfriend material, someone you actually enjoy spending time with. id never do this with some girl i didnt like just to get in her pants. that is very lame.

point 2: girls know more about clothes than i do, where to shop, etc. last time i did this i ended up with some pretty nice clothes i wouldnt have found on my own. its not the holy grail or anything, but fashion advice is not bad.

gorie
08-17-2005, 01:11 PM
just go to target and buy 20 of those mossimo ringer tshirts in different colors.

daryn
08-17-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm with jake, baby.

it's like you guys have these games and tricks you have to pull to get women to sleep with you. weak.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 01:22 PM
if you do this with a cool girl you can have a good time. i said somewhere else that id never do with with someone boring just to get laid.

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 01:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'd argue that some men spend the majority of their life doing stuff just to get laid...

[/ QUOTE ]

...which is pathetic.

BigBaitsim (milo)
08-17-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Men who can safely dress themselves are generally not interested in attracting women.

daryn
08-17-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if you do this with a cool girl you can have a good time. i said somewhere else that id never do with with someone boring just to get laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i guess i agree with both of you then. i am not against the idea of going shopping with a girl and i have done so before. i just think it's stupid to do so in the interest of getting laid.

jakethebake
08-17-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i guess i agree with both of you then. i am not against the idea of going shopping with a girl and i have done so before. i just think it's stupid to do so in the interest of getting laid.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the going shopping with the girl i have a problem with. It's the going shopping with the girl to earn points/get laid or because someone can't pick out clothes for themselves. Unless you're Stevie [censored] Wonder, you should be able to pick out clothes.

morgan180
08-17-2005, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i'd argue that some men spend the majority of their life doing stuff just to get laid...

[/ QUOTE ]

...which is pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that 100% of men at one time or another have done something to get laid. as pathetic as it may or may not be or have been going shopping is far from the epitomy of pathetic.

Schneids
08-17-2005, 01:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have worded it like this.

Voltron87
08-17-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have worded it like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i worded it badly the first several times i said it too. theres a thin line between being pussywhipped and having a good time.

Bulldog
08-17-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For cool/trendy clothes, the two stores that were the best are Gap and American Eagle. I was at Filenes (which I've heard is closing sometime soon) and they had a line of Napoleon Dynamite clothing. I should've bought the Liger t-shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Napoleon Dynamite, trendy? I stopped wearing my "VOTE FOR PEDRO" shirt three months ago.

teamdonkey
08-17-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm with jake, baby.

it's like you guys have these games and tricks you have to pull to get women to sleep with you. weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

word. i just hang out by the bar and put out the vibe.

http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/pics/dumb/pics/dumb24.jpg

runner4life7
08-17-2005, 02:01 PM
BR and Express make jeans, t shirts, a comfortable shoes...I didnt say wear a pinstripe suit to class. I also wear my more chill/older stuff if I am in an engineering class because there are like no girls and then ones that are...but I see nothing wrong with wearing something with a collar almost always to class. Its not like a simple polo isnt comfortable.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-17-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BR and Express make jeans, t shirts, a comfortable shoes...I didnt say wear a pinstripe suit to class. I also wear my more chill/older stuff if I am in an engineering class because there are like no girls and then ones that are...but I see nothing wrong with wearing something with a collar almost always to class. Its not like a simple polo isnt comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll take this opportunity to remind everybody that it's generally not safe to take fashion advice from an engineering major.

djj6835
08-17-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll take this opportunity to remind everybody that it's generally not safe to take fashion advice from an engineering major.

[/ QUOTE ]

I take offense to that...

HopeydaFish
08-17-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the going shopping with the girl i have a problem with. It's the going shopping with the girl to earn points/get laid or because someone can't pick out clothes for themselves. Unless you're Stevie [censored] Wonder, you should be able to pick out clothes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've always gone shopping with female friends when I've decided to buy a new wardrobe. Not because I want to get laid (they all have boyfriends, and I have a fiance), but because I really *am* Stevie Wonder when it comes to picking out clothes. I have no concept what looks good on me, or what fits right. However, lots of women spend an inordinate amount of time thinking about what looks good and fits right, so they prove to be good consultants on these matters. Plus, the women I shop with tend to shop *a lot* more than I do, so they know which stores to go to in order to find decent clothes.

Besides, most of my guy friends tend to think of guys shopping for clothes together to be a little too BigSteve for their liking. And I'm so incompetent at shopping for clothes that I really need the second opinion to help me decide on what to buy. All my favorite clothes were bought when I was shopping with women.