PDA

View Full Version : Google

Degen
08-12-2005, 11:04 AM
I keep buying it

Somebody talk me out of it

kiffl
08-12-2005, 12:02 PM
Why, I think its still a good buy and is going to $350. Also its a safe place for your money and I don't think you could lose very much on it.

wildwood
08-12-2005, 12:12 PM
goog formed a head and shoulders on the daily and broke the neckline on the downside yesterday. Caution is warranted. The chart trend is down unless it it can close above 300 to negate the pattern.
edit: I would not be long this stock here in my opinion.

08-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Ignore the technical analysis crap. The reason you shouldn't buy GOOG is because it's already priced for perfection. With an 80+ P/E, there's very little room for positive surprises. They have to grow incredibly fast just to meet the expectations that are already priced in. If they only grow moderately quickly, the stock will drop.

That's not to say it can't go higher in the short term, just that there are better plays available right now where future expectations of growth aren't already factored in to the same degree.

08-14-2005, 12:22 AM
To justify its current price, Google would have to make a hefty sum more than the current highest earning company in the world. It would have to increase its earnings at unprecedented levels, and keep coming up with new ways to make huge sums of money. The amount of money that google needs to make to justify its current price is just rediculously astounding.

You want a reason not to invest in google? Look at the hundreds of stocks in 2000 that just got killed after people realized the earnings potential was just not there. Warren Buffet has a popular phrase that applies here "whenever you hear 'this time, its different,' RUN AWAY FROM THAT INVESTMENT AS FAST AS YOU CAN." This is what they are saying about google, that this time its different and this is not like all the other tech stocks. This is like betting 40 times the pot on the chances of you getting runner-runner straight flush against 4 of a kind. Its rediculously -ev