PDA

View Full Version : Poker Shares

FromTheSouth
08-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Hi, and thanks for your support. I am planning to invest a small amount in some poker public companies. I would appreciate any kind of information about pokerstars. Do anyone knows if they are planning to go public soon?

Any other advice about this subject will be appreciated.

thanks for all.

FTS

08-11-2005, 02:37 PM
I'll tell you the same thing that Chevy Chase was told by the Blackjack dealer in the movie Las Vegas Vacation. "How about you just give me half your money and I'll kick you in the nuts and we'll call it even?"

If your sole thought process is, "Poker is popular. I bet those poker companies make a lot of money. Pokerstars is my favorite one, so I'll buy part of it," then you are not likely to be successful. You also need to understand how to evaluate a company's growth prospects and to determine if it's under- or overvalued. Other threads on this board can give you advice about books to read to gain this knowledge.

And to answer your question, I don't think Pokerstars is going public anytime soon. Partygaming and Cryptologic are the main options. Sportingbet owns a sports bet service and Paradise Poker.