PDA

View Full Version : OOT Moderator

Mat Sklansky
08-11-2005, 08:56 AM
If anybody cares or wants to be assigned there, I'm willing to add one. I'd like the person to be chosen via poll with a decision being made at 300 votes.

There can either be a nomination process, or you can just create the poll. In either case one poll option should be to leave things as they currently stand.

I think things have actually gone well with myself only, but I know Dynasty seemed to feel strongly this was not enough.

And Dynasty, your contest is fine, but you should probably get the other mods to agree not to change peoples' colors while it's taking place. Otherwise it sorta loses its punch.

wacki
08-11-2005, 04:07 PM
I agree OOT needs another mod. If it's only 1 mod I think Dynasty would obviously be the best choice. I'm willing to do it, but my future over the next couple of months is uncertain.

AngryCola
08-11-2005, 06:22 PM
If Dynasty wants to do it, I think he would get the most support. Posters in OOT generally seem to agree that things were pretty good when Dynasty and wacki were handling things.

Mat Sklansky
08-11-2005, 07:18 PM
As I said, if anyone wants to do it, they can put up a poll. I'm not sure I like the idea, so I'm not going to do the poll, but I will listen to the results.

Also, when Wacki and dynasty were doing it, I got daily complaints. That's why I tried to change things in the first place.

AngryCola
08-11-2005, 07:53 PM
Mat:
"As I said, if anyone wants to do it, they can put up a poll. I'm not sure I like the idea, so I'm not going to do the poll, but I will listen to the results."

If nobody has put one up by later tonight, I'll start a poll.
Anyone else (mods) who would like to be considered should speak up in this thread. It just doesn't seem like there are many 'non-mods' who would do a good job with OOT.

Mat:
"Also, when Wacki and dynasty were doing it, I got daily complaints. That's why I tried to change things in the first place."

I think people now recognize how much better things were before the anonymous mods experiment, but they can speak for themselves once the poll is posted. For all I know, they might think the best option is leaving everything to you, Mat.

wacki
08-11-2005, 07:57 PM
Also, when Wacki and dynasty were doing it, I got daily complaints. That's why I tried to change things in the first place.

Awesome.

What was the most complaints about, the modding or our controversial posts?

Also, I assume my posts had way more complaints?

This is giving me a thread idea... (don't worry it's innocent).

Dynasty
08-11-2005, 08:16 PM
I think things have actually gone well with myself only, but I know Dynasty seemed to feel strongly this was not enough.

I think you've read too much into a couple PMs and moderator notifications.

As I've said before, I'm happy to be an OOT moderator so that I can boot out the spam and poker content (and now politics and sports).

08-11-2005, 08:22 PM
And Dynasty, your contest is fine, but you should probably get the other mods to agree not to change peoples' colors while it's taking place. Otherwise it sorta loses its punch.

I suggest that Dynasty (if he is the new OOT mod) run these contests once a week in OOT. The other mods can offer suggestions for what the contest is.

It would be unfortunate if more than one poster gets the "special color" treatment at the same time.

AngryCola
08-11-2005, 08:24 PM
I didn't know you were still a mod, Green.

How does that work? :confused:

Mat Sklansky
08-12-2005, 12:36 AM
I was getting frequent complaints that you guys were on a power trip and taking content moderation too far.

Anyway, it's really up to you guys and the oot frequenters.

I will take whatever action a poll mandates> I nominate Dynasty to create it. I just want one option to be myself only, and a decision will be made when the vote reaches 300.

AngryCola
08-12-2005, 12:46 AM
Mat:
"I nominate Dynasty to create it."

I nominate Dynasty as the only other option besides keeping things solely with you, Mat. I don't think any of the other current mods would get as much support as him, and it would make the choice as clear as possible. Also, it seems like Dynasty is the only one who really wants to do it. I must say that OOT is a fairly difficult forum to moderate.

So, how about I start the poll with only the two options? You could even stick it to the top of the forum until it hits 300 votes.

Mat Sklansky
08-12-2005, 12:52 AM
Do it. But at least add a 3rd option for neither choice.

Thank you for volunteering.

AngryCola
08-12-2005, 01:16 AM
The poll is up. The Dynasty option is out in front early with a big lead.

08-12-2005, 01:31 AM
I suggest that Dynasty (if he is the new OOT mod) run these contests once a week in OOT. The other mods can offer suggestions for what the contest is.

Dynasty doesn't have that much imagination. He has to read a childrens book just to fantasize. Let wacki run the contests, he's better looking anyway.

citanul
08-12-2005, 01:51 AM
Well, here's my .02,

I voted for Dynasty over in the poll.

I think that the major danger for all the moderators is always figuring out at what point you're toeing the line and having a good time and at what point you're clearly passing the line. The danger for a mod to be either compelled to cross lines or just act out of what he thinks the forum should look like is clearly most dangerous in OOT where the content is so wildly varied and well, often offensive to somebody somewhere. I guess that's all obvious, especially considering that that's basically why all the OOT moderators got stripped anyway.

I guess I'm just rambling, as this is going to probably wind up being the main focus of this forum too. Meh.

So yeah, I'm all for Dynasty. Yeah.

AngryCola
08-12-2005, 05:17 AM
Mat:
"you should probably get the other mods to agree not to change peoples' colors while it's taking place."

I notice [censored]'s name is now in black.

Dynasty
08-12-2005, 05:51 AM
"I notice [censored]'s name is now in black."

Perhaps he did it himself with his Jeremy moderator account.

Mike Haven
08-12-2005, 01:55 PM
complaints that you guys were on a power trip

I just want one option to be myself only

Whatever you say, Mr Mat.