PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Boulud Brasserie at the Wynn

Chris Dow
08-11-2005, 02:47 AM
Anyone been here? Menu suggestions? Things to avoid? If you forgot what you ordered the menu is available at wynnlasvegas.com.

I feel like I am leaning toward something under Share and Taste from the Fruits de Mer and perhaps a Main Course like the Crispy Salmon. Anyone comment on the seafood at this place?

God damn I love seafood. Feel free to hijack this thread with the discussion of Cow << Lobstah.

Chris Dow
08-11-2005, 04:42 PM
^^

MrWookie47
08-11-2005, 04:49 PM
I thought this was going to have something to do with bras.

Luv2DriveTT
08-11-2005, 05:56 PM
DB is fantastic, you will not be disappointed. JBB, Tank and I all had diner there last trip, two of us had the BD Bistro Burger with short ribs and fore gras. Its legendary in NYC, make sure you get it "original style" rather than the western alternative which is not as exotic. Mason had the short ribs, which seems very satisfying. If your a serious baller (as JBB would say), this is the place to eat.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Chris Dow
08-12-2005, 02:51 AM
Lobster Bisque + Bacon Salmon, oh so tasty, both courses tres delicieux.

Meal prefaced by tanqueray and tonic, then a [censored] fantastic champagne, meal accompanied with some incredibly tasty red wine.

Desert: Some unbelivable ice cream stuffed pastry, I have no idea.

Conclusion: I hate french (as a language), I absolutely loved Daniel Boulud. I practically licked my plates clean, A++

Boris
08-12-2005, 02:56 AM
I ate there in June. The place effing sucked. Maybe compared to Denny's it's good. I pretty much guarantee if you go eat at another fine restaurant in Vegas and then go to Boulud's, you will be highly disappointed. Thumbs way down from me.

Chris Dow
08-12-2005, 02:57 AM
What did you order? I am so confused.

Boris
08-12-2005, 02:59 AM
I split the short ribs and the rack of lamb with a friend. Both dishes were heinous. If I hadn't been with a large group of people I would have sent the food back and refused to pay. I didn't want to come off as a dick though. maybe I just went on a bad night.

Boris
08-12-2005, 03:02 AM
see response to TT. There were 7-8 people in our group and no one was raving about the food. I dunno, maybe my standards are too high. But when I get bent over for dinner I expect the food to be excellent.

Luv2DriveTT
08-12-2005, 03:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe I just went on a bad night.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats the only explaination.... I'm a foodie, that place was amazingly good.

PS: I own DB's cookbook, if anyone wants the bistro burger recipe, I can post it.

Chris Dow
08-12-2005, 03:03 AM
Well we were obviously on different sides of the menu, however I think TT liked the ribs, regardless, tonight the food was very good. So while you must give the place F, I must give it A+.

Boris
08-12-2005, 03:04 AM
sometimes it takes new restaurants some time to get their act together. Probably I went there too soon after it opened.

Luv2DriveTT
08-12-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well we were obviously on different sides of the menu, however I think TT liked the ribs, regardless, tonight the food was very good. So while you must give the place F, I must give it A+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't eat the short ribs... our special guest for the evening did.

Luv2DriveTT
08-12-2005, 03:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sometimes it takes new restaurants some time to get their act together. Probably I went there too soon after it opened.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were there a day or two after we were there, right? I remember discussing your steak dinner upstairs at the Wynn )I said go to NYC to try Lugers and report back to me... still waiting for that report).

rusellmj
08-12-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

PS: I own DB's cookbook, if anyone wants the bistro burger recipe, I can post it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah!

Boris
08-12-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I said go to NYC to try Lugers and report back to me... still waiting for that report).

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to win a prob bet with diablo so I can get the scratch for a plane ticket.

ethan
08-12-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PS: I own DB's cookbook

[/ QUOTE ]

How is it? I just ordered Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles cookbook and Thomas Keller's Bouchon, I thought about getting the Bouloud too but I wasn't sure how much overlap there'd be.