PDA

View Full Version : Number pad layout for multitabling NL

CourtesyFlush
08-05-2005, 02:23 AM
I'm just curious, are there keyboards available that have the number pad on the left hand side of the keyboard instead of the right? Being right handed, it's awkward to have to reach over there with my left hand while using my mouse on the same side. Does anyone know of keyboards that are like this, or have the numpad detachable from the rest of the keyboard so it could be moved?
Thanks

CF

mattw
08-05-2005, 06:31 AM
many years ago, accountant types who needed portablity and yet needed to do massive number crunching, would purchase a number pad that attached to the laptap. i would think this technology still exists today.

or you can do what i do. after multitabling for too long, ruining my right index finger, you can mouse with the left hand. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Slim Pickens
08-05-2005, 12:17 PM
I bought a USB number pad for $25. It's great. My setup is now the number pad and both my trackball and game controller for a mouse. That NL without litis, baby.

Johan
08-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Nostromo Speedpad N52 Is what I use

It has programmable buttons, really cool esp. if you use autohotkey

Johan

CourtesyFlush
08-05-2005, 01:32 PM
Cool, I didn't know those existed. So it's just the number pad and you set it up on the left side of your keyboard?

Slim Pickens
08-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Set it wherever you'd like. It's got about 2' of cable. I got mine at best buy, but any decent-sized computer/electronics store should sell it.