PDA

View Full Version : 3 Years at 2+2

11-28-2001, 10:50 PM
Just a note of appreciation:

Got my first home computer in late 1998, and surfed around the net looking for some poker information sites. Found this one in late Nov/early Dec and quickly realized it was far and away the best. Lurked for a month or so--then started posting.

It was the heyday of skp and Dan Hanson. Also, Vince was doing "everyman new to living in LV" reports. Several of today's respected regulars were also posting then. Many others have come and gone. We participants used to "police" the forums. Samples i.e. "this should have been posted on the ____ forum" ---- or "lets not respond to posts like this".

Even then, the quality of information was excellent, and the civility factor was usually really good too.

I have benefited greatly from reading and (less frequently lately) posting on these forums. I have also gotten some great info in some e-mails from some of the participants too. Much of this has been poker hand or situation specific, but some other things also. For example, prior to my first LA cardroom trip, Rick and Brett both gave me lots of very helpful info on what to expect.

My personal 2+2 highlight was playing the Bellagio 15-30 early this year and meeting Vince, Mason, Chuck, Hosh, natedogg, BillM, and some others.

So, thanks guys.

Abe

11-29-2001, 04:26 AM
Thanks. We appreciate your post.

The growth of these forums is completely amazing, and that growth seems to have accelerated the past few months. It's truly amazing to us since we weren't even sure we would get any posts when we started a poker forum in 1996.

Best wishes,

Mason

PS: When any of you come to Las Vegas, and you see me in one of the games or just hanging around the cardroom, feel free to introduce yourself.

11-29-2001, 01:40 PM
I agree completely. I've also had some of the posters e-mail me privately with specific advice regarding hands.In addition,having tha authors come on and respond to questions is truly amazing.

There are many good things about the forum,but Masons "hand to talk about" is IMO one of the most helpful of all. It forces you to think through the principles that apply which is so important to winning play.Good work. Lar

11-29-2001, 01:57 PM
I see you there all the time, since my regular game is the Mirage 6-12. I figure its rude to bother someone while they are working, so I don't interrupt you.

This website is a tremendous resource. While some may not like it, it is the threads with heated debates that are the best. They challenge us all to question (and sometimes revise) our beliefs. I think we all gain from that.

So kudos to you and the gang for a temendous site, and kudos to those who are willing to stir it up once in a while with controvertial ideas. We all gain from different perspectives IMO and that is the strength of this site.

11-29-2001, 04:42 PM
Hey! What about the hands I post? Aren't they just as important at pointing out principles of what NOT to do?

11-29-2001, 05:45 PM
..even though Vince forgot to stay put while sweating me at the WSOP, thus costing me the tournament!(anybody heard from Vince lately?)

Mason & David kinda pissed me off by not responding to my 7-stud and razz questions, but what the hell, they're busy. At least Mason knows something about boxing.

In addition to those Abe mentioned, Tom Haley, John Cole & Dick in Phoenix are posters I've learned a lot from. It was nice meeting Jim Brier when he made the trip north to Dover. And lets not forget, Gary Carson & Badger came here first.

@=@'s aight.

11-29-2001, 05:47 PM

11-29-2001, 07:04 PM
gr8 post...is there life outside of 2+2???...lol..actually this forum, with studying the 2+2 books, actual play with analysis' is a course,(or perhaps seminar), which is worth more than can be estimated...it's all right here...and it's fun too. thanks to all who have gone before...but watch your checks mason..i'll only introduce myself after cracking off a big hand you have in at least 20-40...lol..gl

11-29-2001, 11:12 PM
Kev

I always read your posts and learn what not to do. Fortunately, for you i am a worse player and make more mistakes at the table hence your high win rate.Keep posting and maybe i can get my rate up to a small bet an hr. Lar

11-29-2001, 11:57 PM
I, too, find the 2+2 lurking quite addictive. This forum is truly incomparable for the lovers of poker.

My thanks to the Forum hosts and other esteemed contributors for doing such marvelous job.

Please keep it up!

Ivan