PDA

View Full Version : NL200 6 max flop essentially the nuts

Go_Blue88
07-31-2005, 10:35 PM
i tend to screw up hands where i flop (essentially) the nuts. is my flop bet suspicious? would any of you check? or is my line pretty standard? (this is only my fourth hand)

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP ($194.15)
CO :#A500AF(Villian)/ ($162.40)
Button ($379.50)
SB ($43)
Hero ($232)
UTG ($190.32)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $2, CO :#A500AF(Villian)/ calls $2, Button calls $2, SB (poster) completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, MP calls $8, CO :#A500AF(Villian)/ calls $8, Button calls $8, SB calls $8.

Flop: ($50) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, MP calls $15, Villian calls $15, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: ($95) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $60</font>

TheWorstPlayer
07-31-2005, 10:40 PM
Flop is great. Turn, I might check/call, lead river. Don't worry, a ten will bet. And you don't need to frighten away any jacks. Also, lots of good things can hit the river to make you happy. Straights can complete, people can hit their overcards, etc.

Triumph36
07-31-2005, 10:43 PM
I love the flop bet.

Check the turn. A ten will bet here, and you can call, and if the ten is fishy enough, you can get it all in on the river with him.

swolfe
07-31-2005, 11:19 PM
i don't think it's suspicious per se, but i think you're losing value. i would make a standard continuation bet...people will give you action with that just as much as a small bet, especially if they have a T.

would you have only bet $15 if you had held AA?

EDIT: after getting calls on the flop, i check the turn to show a little weakness and let people catch hands that will pay me off.

vulturesrow
07-31-2005, 11:22 PM
I do not like the flop bet at all. You need to best at least half the pot.

xorbie
08-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Raise way more PF (like to $12 or something). Flop half pot is ok, anything less is sketchy unless you've doen it before or you are playing against someone who will raise with nothing sensing weakness. Turn I half pot again.

NYCNative
08-01-2005, 03:59 AM
The only thing that sucks here is if an Ace falls on the turn or river since your boat can lose to the bigger boat that is AT.

FreakDaddy
08-01-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that sucks here is if an Ace falls on the turn or river since your boat can lose to the bigger boat that is AT.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree with you, there's essentially nothing one can do here if an Ace hits and someone has AT. Are you going to push the turn and force out these hands? Of course not, and they may likely call any ways and then you're stuck with whatever the river brings. Are check/fold on the river if an ace hits? You're pretty much stuck going to the felt here and putting your faith in the poker gods.

bweiser8311962
08-01-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is such bad advice I had to respond. Hero would have Jacks over Tens ... Opponent would have Tens over Aces. Opponent would have a losing hand.

Turn bet was way too much. Not going to get called.

I would not have led at that flop either. I've got the nuts - barring the miracle 10.10, which you are going to pay off.

fimbulwinter
08-01-2005, 04:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree with you, there's essentially nothing one can do here if an Ace hits and someone has AT. Are you going to push the turn and force out these hands? Of course not, and they may likely call any ways and then you're stuck with whatever the river brings. Are check/fold on the river if an ace hits? You're pretty much stuck going to the felt here and putting your faith in the poker gods.

[/ QUOTE ]

please tell me you're joking.

please.

fim

NYCNative
08-01-2005, 05:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is such bad advice I had to respond.

[/ QUOTE ]It wasn'ty advice it was a comment but yes, I wasn't thinking clearly when I made the comment.

Go_Blue88
08-01-2005, 04:44 PM
When i bet 60 there was one fold, and my other opponent typed "lol i have the nuts," and pushed. i called and he had Q9. he instantly left...probably to go cry...or do whatever bad players do when they do something stupid.

since this was only the fourth hand i think that my flop bet was fine, but if i had been sitting for a while i should have bet 1/2-3/4 the pot.