PDA

View Full Version : Stupid or good laydown?

baronzeus
07-31-2005, 06:38 AM
I hate playing weakly like this but it's gonna cost me 2.5BBs to call down. Right? Typical opponent.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP posts a blind of $3.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

timprov
07-31-2005, 06:44 AM
I think you have to at least take a card off here. I likely call the flop and bet-fold the turn UI.

marand
07-31-2005, 06:47 AM
I call the flop getting 14-1 or 15-1 depending if UTG calls. My implied odds combined with the chance of MP having a draw and checking behind on the turn make this a call on the flop for me.

Against some opponents I would call it down and against others I would fold it on the turn. I think his most likely hands are Kx, Tx or a draw like QJ.

Also please don't post the turn and river action in a post like this. The river "check check" really gives the impression that MP doesn't have much and might affect the answers you get.

baronzeus
07-31-2005, 06:48 AM
You bet fold the turn here? What about the overcaller? He is scary.

timprov
07-31-2005, 06:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why. If he happens to three-bet the flop I might get the heck out of the way, but this looks more like a gutshot or pocket pair than a slowplay. Maybe he has QQ and you're hosed, but that's all I'm worried about.

marand
07-31-2005, 06:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why. If he happens to three-bet the flop I might get the heck out of the way, but this looks more like a gutshot or pocket pair than a slowplay. Maybe he has QQ and you're hosed, but that's all I'm worried about.

[/ QUOTE ]

QQ is very very unlikely IMO. There are only 6 combinations and he would probably cap it preflop more than 95% of the time.

timprov
07-31-2005, 07:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

QQ is very very unlikely IMO. There are only 6 combinations and he would probably cap it preflop more than 95% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed that it's unlikely, but I think it's more likely than a K or a slowplay. Most likely he has AQ/AT here.