PDA

View Full Version : Ask any newbie question here

Pages : 1 [2]

jgunnip
08-06-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got all in aa v. kk and the board was a22kk did I play it wrong? how would you answer that...

[/ QUOTE ]

stack sizes? level? reads? seriously how are we supposed to answer this?

jgunnip
08-06-2005, 01:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I was really curious about the PF raise, which was answered already. Thought I might be able to take the pot down right there b/c of the stack in the BB.

Again
me = newbie
thread = newbie

Sorry if it seemed mundane to you. Like I said, after sooo many suck outs, one starts to get more curious! Was it my play or the idiota caller! My instincts were right and I just needed someone to back em up to make sure........

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, welcome to the forum. my suggestion is to forget about the hand, play some more, read other threads, and avoius trying to have a serious conversation with a drunk. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Bluff Daddy
08-06-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I was really curious about the PF raise, which was answered already. Thought I might be able to take the pot down right there b/c of the stack in the BB.

Again
me = newbie
thread = newbie

Sorry if it seemed mundane to you. Like I said, after sooo many suck outs, one starts to get more curious! Was it my play or the idiota caller! My instincts were right and I just needed someone to back em up to make sure........

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, welcome to the forum. my suggestion is to forget about the hand, play some more, read other threads, and avoius trying to have a serious conversation with a drunk. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

avoius? whos the drunk here? anyways my point was this is an obvious bad beat post

sobroke
08-11-2005, 11:21 AM
this seems kinda dumb question.....i have rakeback with euro at 25%...so every 50+5 sng i play i get back 1.25...righ??.....once again sorry for the dumbness

citanul
08-11-2005, 11:31 AM
sobroke,

yes.

citanul

Lawrence Ng
08-11-2005, 06:34 PM
I play mostly live limit and online No limit and have been aching to play something different lately just to break the monotony.

So I for one am very glad this thread is still active as I have some newbish questions. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

How long does a $33 SnG usually last on Party provided I make the top 3 money spots? I ask this because I usually don't play online for long durations, but I do 4-6 table so if I could know how long it would take for me to squeeze in 20-25 SnGs a day.

Thank you

Lawrence

jgunnip
08-11-2005, 06:39 PM
A 30+3 ITM would probably last on average 40-50 minutes.

citanul
08-11-2005, 06:41 PM
lawrence,

about 40 minutes.

citanul

testaaja
08-13-2005, 12:05 PM
I'm planning on buying tournament poker for advanced players, but before that I would like to know more about sngs. Is there a resource for some information on strategies and such? I would like to know something before I start (okay I've tried few sngs without success, so now I want to do it with success). Any help appreciated.
Thanks

USCSigma1097
08-13-2005, 12:59 PM
READ THE MF'ING FAQ......JESUS CHRIST.....I wish I could choke slam this entire thread.

Sigma

USCSigma1097
08-13-2005, 01:24 PM
Is there any way to change my name to FlameyMcFlameFlame?

testaaja
08-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Okay sorry about my stupid post, I'm in fever and I'm tired as hell so please forgive me.

Bluff Daddy
08-13-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
READ THE MF'ING FAQ......JESUS CHRIST.....I wish I could choke slam this entire thread.

Sigma

[/ QUOTE ]

its post like these that piss me off, why the hell do you even read this thread then?

bluef0x
08-13-2005, 08:18 PM
WHY CANT I BEAT THE 22s?

I'm frustrated because this is my 2nd shot at the 22s with the same results. I know my sample size is small.. my last 100 11s I had 33% ROI and 45% ITM (obviously running good.) Last 50 22s I have -15% ROI and 30% ITM... I know the sample size is small but before I reformatted the stats were pretty much the same (100 11s with 29% ROI and 42% ITM and 50 22s with -10% ROI)

Are they really that much different or am I variance's bitch?

08-16-2005, 01:52 AM
I've seen the abbreviation FWIW quite often.

If I had to guess, I'd say it means "For What it's Worth", but I'm not sure. Can anybody help me out?

microbet
08-16-2005, 01:56 AM
FWIW does indeed mean "for what it's worth."

08-16-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW does indeed mean "for what it's worth."

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you sir.

08-21-2005, 04:26 AM
Citanul (or anyone who still checks this thing),

Whats a good percentage for "itm from bubble"? While I have a small sample size from a statistical standpoint, I want to know if my bubble misses (about half the time) are standard or not.

Thanks.

08-25-2005, 02:26 AM
I've heard that a very good player will have a finish distribution with the most first places, and then gradually fewer finishes in the other places. So basically a solid distribution would be equal finishes in each place. Therefore, 75% should be the rate of getting ITM from the bubble.

08-25-2005, 03:06 AM
Hi Citanul,

Thanks for the opportunity.

What is the best (a.k.a. where you can make the most money) poker site for SnGs? I've played alot at Party Poker over the past few months hand have gotten alot better, but previous to that I got totally raped at PokerStars.

Also, perhaps you could list the top 5 best pokerrooms for Sit n' Gos and give a quick one-liner why?

Thanks!

08-25-2005, 03:36 AM
I very strongly disagree with citanul's response about oreos. The cookies are kinda dry, if that makes any sense. The cream, however, is pretty good, but not amazing.

AtticusFinch
08-25-2005, 03:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Citanul,

Thanks for the opportunity.

What is the best (a.k.a. where you can make the most money) poker site for SnGs? I've played alot at Party Poker over the past few months hand have gotten alot better, but previous to that I got totally raped at PokerStars.

Also, perhaps you could list the top 5 best pokerrooms for Sit n' Gos and give a quick one-liner why?

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

General consensus is that Party is the best for making money, although good arguments have been made for the Turbo SNGs at Stars.

Most believe that the level of play is weakest at Party, and its structure is fast, so you get more SNGs/Hour, at the cost of more variance. Plus its SNGs are ten-handed, for the same rake.

On the flipside, Stars's software and customer service are vastly superior, and assuming that the general consensus is correct that the level of play is higher (which is sometimes disputed), you get the chance to sharpen your skills against tougher competition while risking less.

If you want to try your hand at multis eventually, you might try Full Tilt. Their software is good, better than party but not as good as stars. But their SNGs have one of the slowest structures. (As in blinds go up slowly), which can give you some practice with a longer tourney format before hitting the multis. Not the best for hourly rate, however.

Good luck.

AtticusFinch
08-25-2005, 03:44 AM
Here's a good one. The portion of my brain that kept basic calling standards for bubble pushes seems to have leaked out of my head during my time away from Poker. Anyone want to provide a basic discussion, perhaps with some notes about how to adjust them as you move up in level, or on tighter/looser tables? I'm sure newbies reading this thread would benefit greatly.

08-25-2005, 03:44 AM
IMHO, limping with JJ in 10+1 is profitable in early stages (blind levels 1-3). Playing it to a raise (or worse, a raise/reraise) is tricky.

AtticusFinch
08-25-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard that a very good player will have a finish distribution with the most first places, and then gradually fewer finishes in the other places. So basically a solid distribution would be equal finishes in each place. Therefore, 75% should be the rate of getting ITM from the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually that would be a totally random distribution -- one that would occur if the player were exactly average (among players left at the bubble). Good players often bubble more often but have more firsts.

AtticusFinch
08-25-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I very strongly disagree with citanul's response about oreos. The cookies are kinda dry, if that makes any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got milk? I mean, duh!

[ QUOTE ]

The cream, however, is pretty good, but not amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just silly. You clearly don't have a sufficiently refined palate to appreciate fine cuisine.

08-25-2005, 04:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Party $6 SNGs are so bad with players making laydowns at 25-1 pot odds, calling dead hands, cold calling with Q6o, etc is it worth the .50c tax to keep playing them with a 49% ROI and a 50% ITM or are the $11s just as bad without the extra tax?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can also try non-party sites that have $5+.5 games.

08-25-2005, 04:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I very strongly disagree with citanul's response about oreos. The cookies are kinda dry, if that makes any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got milk? I mean, duh!

[ QUOTE ]

The cream, however, is pretty good, but not amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just silly. You clearly don't have a sufficiently refined palate to appreciate fine cuisine.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good cookie should be a good experience without help from other foods--although I have nothing against milk and cookies. Try chewy chips ahoy for a truly breathtaking culinary experiene.

AtticusFinch
08-25-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try chewy chips ahoy for a truly breathtaking culinary experiene.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are totally insane. But that's cool. Hell, Aussies eat Vegemite, after all. It takes all kinds.

08-25-2005, 04:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Try chewy chips ahoy for a truly breathtaking culinary experiene.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are totally insane. But that's cool. Hell, Aussies eat Vegemite, after all. It takes all kinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever considered the possibility that everyone you think is sane is really insane and vice versa? I happen to have indisputable evidence that it's insane to like oreos and all sane people like chewy chips ahoy (some require them to be microwaved, but that's acceptable IMHO).

08-25-2005, 04:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
utg | btn | btn w/limp | btn w/minraise | btn w/push
AA PUSH | PUSH | PUSH | PUSH | PUSH
AK PUSH | PUSH | PUSH | PUSH | PUSH
KQ PUSH | PUSH | PUSH | FOLD | FOLD
JTo FOLD | PUSH | FOLD | FOLD | FOlD
J8s FOLD | PUSH | FOLD | FOLD | FOLD
99 PUSH | PUSH | PUSH | FOLD | FOLD
55 PUSH | PUSH | PUSH | FOLD | FOLD
22 PUSH | PUSH | PUSH | FOLD | FOLD

Ones that I might just be outright wrong off the top of my head w.r.t. ICM:

the 99 folds to the push
the 55 and 22 pushes utg
the JTo fold utg

Those ones I'm not entirely sure of.

The ones behind the limps, and minraises are basically read dependent. If you think you've got folding equity, the 99 becomes a push over a minraise I would think. You basically need to know if the guy is trapping you when he limps or minraises.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling a miniraise is never an option?

AtticusFinch
08-25-2005, 05:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
some require them to be microwaved, but that's acceptable IMHO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, so you allow irradiation, but not milk? You're not just insane, you're a bleeding hypocrite as well.

08-25-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're not just insane, you're a bleeding hypocrite as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll accept hypocrite. Not a huge fan of the adjective bleeding there, but that's mainly stylistic and perhaps regional. I've already proven indisputably that I'm not insane.

08-30-2005, 12:57 AM
Thanks Atticus,

That's exactly the kind of response I was looking for. Your answer has led me to another stupid/noob question however /images/graemlins/confused.gif

We're all playing poker for the money here. And if it's easier to make more money playing at Party, at what point can you say: "I'm better off playing at Party for the money"... or "I'm better off playing at Stars because it's better for me in the long run"

Thanks!

citanul
08-30-2005, 01:00 AM
jeff,

as soon as you are ready to not be playing the 5+.5s any more, then i believe you to be best to move to party.

citanul

AtticusFinch
08-30-2005, 04:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Atticus,

That's exactly the kind of response I was looking for. Your answer has led me to another stupid/noob question however /images/graemlins/confused.gif

We're all playing poker for the money here. And if it's easier to make more money playing at Party, at what point can you say: "I'm better off playing at Party for the money"... or "I'm better off playing at Stars because it's better for me in the long run"

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

My general advice is to focus more on learning the game and plugging any leaks, and not to pay too much attention to your hourly rate early on. Stats are mostly meaningless over short stretches anyway. Instead, go back over hand histories and try to find mistakes. Especially look for mistakes where you won the hand anyway. Those are nasty buggers.

I started off on Stars. When I got to where I was consistently winning on the $33s there, I found I could win on the $55s at Party easily, and soon moved to the $100s. Worked for me. My education was a heck of a lot cheaper that way. But it was tough to get used to Party's ultra-crappy software after that. I got spoiled, I guess.

Also, there are some minor but important adjustments that need to be made for the different structure and style of play when you move to Party. Search this forum and you'll find several threads discussing them.

But do whatever you think is best. I'm sure it will be the right choice for you. Just be patient. This game is ALL about patience. Good luck.

08-30-2005, 06:31 AM
Hello Folks,

As you can see by my amount of posts I am sorta new here. I have been lurking for months in the long run. I have been playing very regular now for about 6 months. 500-1000 hands a day SS and have just switched over to NL SnG's. I played alot of Fixed SnG's to improve my limit game there and was well over 60% ROI after about 50 tournys. (yeah I had a good run of luck and the players at fixed 6s are pretty bad.)

Now I switched to NL 11s and I was running very good for the first 20 or so tournys (yes I know this is nothing to base anything on) but now I running a bit cold and hitting some newbie problems that I can't seem to find the answers for here, even though I know they must be here. My search techniques suck I think. So here are some of my questions.

First, I have read quite a few of the suggested reading books available and I play a pretty tight early stage game. Meaning that I rarely play anything from up front and loosen up a bit as we get deeper in the orbit. My problem here is if I don't hit any decent hands in the first 3 stages then I start to panic a bit and all the sudden I am in a short stack situation. My question being can I blame this on bad runs of cards or my lack of balls to play weak cards when the game is 10-8 handed? Its very frustrating to watch these guys at this limit play 3Ts and hit huge hands to have some other loser go all-in at them and then there is 2 or 3 people at the table with huge stacks and now I have to have some sort of hand to even consider playing. I realize also that after about 2-3 more stages these people have gambled those stacks away but not always. This isn't really coming out right. My basic concern what do in those situations where the playable cards just aren't coming and you are getting close to having no FE?

Next, a question is about raises in the early stages. In the 11s we all know people limp with everything from 72o to AA. Basically is it right to even raise int he first 2 stages? The only thing that seems to get any kind of respect is all-in or a huge overbet. Which both are very purpse defeating of taking t30 with something like JJ. I right now will usually raise something like JJ 3xBB +1/limper which still only gets me hands that usually are ahead. Should I be limpin with stuff like JJ and AK or just stealing?

Thanks for any help guys and if there is just some posts or guides you can point me to that would be great.

08-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Then I guess I'll stick with Party. I started playing the 10+1's about two months ago and had alot of success.

I moved up to the 20+2's about 3 weeks ago and since have had pretty good success also. 30% ROI and 37% ITM over 100 tournies.

I know that 100 tournies is a fairly small sample and I really feel like I'm making at least 1-2 big mistakes per tournament.

I think I'll just keep playing at party in the 20+2's for now and try to refine my game there. I really like the way you guys help out people who have specific hand situations.

Thanks for the help!

08-30-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi cit, you told people to look in FAQ for their answers. If i go there, I just get answers about why logging in etc. - is there another FAQ about poker terms, gap-concept etc. and- more important - where? thx in advance

KK

08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
The thread at the top of this forum. . Here it is (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2821605&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

goodguy_1
09-03-2005, 02:59 PM
I'm thinking about playing SNG's-NL and Limit seriously. I'm a very solid player up to $5-10 LHE and $200 NLHE in cash games both short and full.

I want to be playing the $50's quickly but I want to give myself the time to learn a new skillset. Assuming I work hard on my game.. what is the reasonable #sng's I need at each level to move up? I'm thinking about starting with the 10's or 20's into the 30's.

Can I get away w/ 200,500 or 1000?

If I want to take this seriously what is a reasonable # of sng's to play daily? I assume 20-30 is a good ballpark to start with??

ChuckyB
09-03-2005, 05:17 PM
I read a lot of posts about +/-EV plays and there are calculations about how positive or negative a play is. Is there a program/website people are using to make these calculations?

As well there are posts about how well K5 (or whatever) does against two random hands (in a potential push situation). Where are those made?

Thanks

goodguy_1
09-04-2005, 02:17 PM
hey citanul where you at?..bump

dseiko
09-04-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't even know if there is an answer to this question, so if not just say so.

Your in an sng on the bubble
Your HU after the flop
Your opponent has 1000 chips, you have 2000
Your going all in, you would prefer that he would fold

Do you bet 1000 chips, or do you move all in yourself? Does either seem to make the opponent fold more often?

vexvelour
09-04-2005, 07:07 PM
What is the difference between a SNG and a STT?

AlphaWice
09-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Please reply on these two AK hands, that I reposted.

===================================

AKo in small blind, MP minraises to 100, blinds 25/50, everyone has 3000 behind, early in the tourney. I will label the "questionable" (read: bad) places I played that I am asking specifically for comments.

(1) Here, I just called. I was thinking to raise to 400, but I didn't want to play a large pot out of position, as a CB would cost me 600 more, putting 1/3rd of my stack at risk on most likely Ace high.

The big blind folds. Flop is 782, 2 diamonds, one spade. I bet out 250 into the pot of 250, MP just calls. Turn ace of hearts.

(2) I think he has either set, flushdraw or AQ/AJ. I wanted to maximize value against AQ/AJ but I didn't want to lose money against the set, so I thought to check here to try to play a small pot. He bets 400.

(3) I realized I should've bet the turn to find out where I was, but now I was stuck on the turn. I pop it to 1200. Is this a good play? How is calling ? Folding?

(4) The river comes 3d. I check with 1400 behind (??) Should I have pushed here? He bets 1200 which I cry-call.

--

I think this hand was played VERY VERY badly (COMPLETELY AWFUL, worst hand I've ever played) but I want advice on these 4 points.

==================================

ull table, im in CO, blinds 15/30 (level 2) stacks 1500 each roughly, i have AKo

UTG raises to 60, i raise to 200, he minraises to 400, i call,

flop is some 10 high rainbow garbage, nothing connected

he bets out 200, i fold (??) [everyone else involved in the hand folded.]

This looks awful when I think about it, but the way he played (double minraising) seems so donky like it would _have_ to be AA KK QQ for sure.

===============================

ty

pokergrader
09-04-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the difference between a SNG and a STT?

[/ QUOTE ]

SNG = Sit 'n Go: It is a tournament that starts when enough people randomly join and decide to play. Then, when everybody is seated, the tournament starts. They have no preset starting time as they start when whatever required number of people shows up. They can be 1 table, 10 table, 2 table, 2 players, etc.

STT = Single Table Tournament: A tournament with only one table of participants.

So, some SNGs are STTs, and some STTs are SNGs, but you can also have scheduled STTs or SNG MTTs...

vexvelour
09-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the clarification - I was trying to figure out what I've been playing lol. I guess my games are technically both.

citanul
09-15-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't even know if there is an answer to this question, so if not just say so.

Your in an sng on the bubble
Your HU after the flop
Your opponent has 1000 chips, you have 2000
Your going all in, you would prefer that he would fold

Do you bet 1000 chips, or do you move all in yourself? Does either seem to make the opponent fold more often?

[/ QUOTE ]

d,

i think thte most folderific thing that you can do to him is bet like 750. i think 1000 against a poor player is more likely to make him fold than 2000. i think that most of the time, almost all of my bets are going to be all in for a while here, so for consistency, i just go all in again.

if you notice a difference please do let us know.

citanul

citanul
09-15-2005, 06:50 PM
chucky,

both these questions are answered fully in the FAQ.

the program most are using for calculations is hte sng powertools, as programmed by eastbay.

you can find a chart for heads up odds against random hands using google, or on the FAQ.

you can get figures for exact matchups using either twodimes or pokerstove, or other places.

citanul

Sponger15SB
09-15-2005, 06:52 PM
Citanul, Why can't I do well in SNGs anymore? What is my problem?

citanul
09-15-2005, 06:57 PM
goodguy,

you seem to have it all pretty well considered.

remember that if you're well bankrolled, you should consider playing fewer games at lower stakes if you're pretty sure you're already not learning much from them, and taking shots quicker at higher games. note i said consider, no one of course would say it's mandatory to take shots or speed your way up.

but your specs for how many, how fast, where to start, and such look great.

good luck,

citanul

citanul
09-15-2005, 06:59 PM
sponger,

well, personally, i hear it's not recommended to do acid while playing any form of poker. take from that what you will.

my advice is to ask someone much much better than you for some help. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

how many/what stakes do you play? do you play other games? how seriously do you take your play?

citanul

Sponger15SB
09-15-2005, 07:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how many/what stakes do you play? do you play other games? how seriously do you take your play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well lately I've begun to take my play very seriously. I've almost entirely stopped reading 2+2 while playing, and also stopped watching TV. I play for a living, but I'm a student so I don't really need much money.

I played the $33s until I spent all my money, and now I'm at the $22s and I'm going through like 20 buyin downswings every 150 tourneys. I've played like 650 (8 tabling) this month.

My problem is that I suuuuuuuuuck ITM. My distribution is wayyy slanted to 3rd place its sick. I could post a picture for you guys to all laugh at if you want.

citanul
09-15-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My problem is that I suuuuuuuuuck ITM. My distribution is wayyy slanted to 3rd place its sick. I could post a picture for you guys to all laugh at if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the new level showed up, I started out having this exact problem. I was finding that since people were busting out in the same number of hands, not at the same blinds levels, approximately, as before, they were winding up itm with deeper stacks. i was then not properly opening up my game itm, with >10 bb. i suspect that you might be having the same problem? try to get more comfortable with the deeper stacks. throw some non push raises out there. if i'm wrong, then it's likely that you're just playing too tight on the bubble and 5 handed. probably for the same reason. open up your game and stuff when you're 5 and fewer handed with those deep stacks is my educated guess.

hope that helps at all.

citanul

johnnybeef
09-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi Citanul,

I just had my first period. I figured that you would probably be the best person (well maybe Irie could help too) to help me out with what I should be expecting.

Thanks,
Jeanie. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

2Fast2Furious
09-15-2005, 07:55 PM
been trying to use Bisons to convert my hand for a post....doesn't seem to work...what am I doing wrong? here's what I'm pasting into the input box...any help appreciated - this is driving me crazy...thx.

***** Hand History for Game 2713133986 *****
300/600 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 15744367) - Wed Sep 14 23:28:24 EDT 2005
Table Table 17615 (Real Money) -- Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: SHREDDER209 (1305)
Seat 3: delSD05 (2675)
Seat 5: RamnJam1127 (1195)
Seat 6: maddgravy (2825)
delSD05 posts small blind (150)
RamnJam1127 posts big blind (300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to RamnJam1127 [ 5d, 6c ]
maddgravy folds.
SHREDDER209 raises (1305) to 1305
SHREDDER209 is all-In.
delSD05 folds.
RamnJam1127 calls (895)
RamnJam1127 is all-In.
Creating Main Pot with $2540 with RamnJam1127
Creating Side Pot 1 with $110 with SHREDDER209
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7s, 8c, 3d ]
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 7c ]
** Dealing River ** : [ Ts ]
** Summary **
Main Pot: 2540 | Side Pot 1: 110
Board: [ 7s 8c 3d 7c Ts ]
SHREDDER209 balance 2650, bet 1305, collected 2650, net +1345 [ 8h Ah ] [ two pairs, eights and sevens -- Ah,8h,8c,7s,7c ]
delSD05 balance 2525, lost 150 (folded)
RamnJam1127 balance 0, lost 1195 [ 5d 6c ] [ a pair of sevens -- Ts,8c,7s,7c,6c ]
maddgravy balance 2825, didn't bet (folded)

popimp3333
09-15-2005, 11:17 PM
i asked earlier about a good sit n go tracker and you told me hoods and i could find it in the faq. one problem where is that can you just send me a link. i looked at the faq next to the whos online link but never found any link close to it. please help!!!!

citanul
09-15-2005, 11:27 PM
in the SNG FAQ listed in the posts at the top of this forum,

here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2821605&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1)

not the site FAQ. man, i knew there was going to be trouble with this number of stickies.

hopefully you should be able to find it with that link. if not, come on back.

citanul

09-16-2005, 12:22 AM
5 handed. blinds are 100/200 which will move up next hand. You are sitting good at 1600. You are CO with QJsuited. You raise to 500. Very tight solid BB goes over the top with his 2400. You fold. 84 next hand so you fold. Sb pushes your BB when you hold J2, fold. Button pushes on your SB, fold. You are sitting at 650 chips on the Button with 5 players left when just 2 hands ago you had 1600.

Is this the type of play you where refering to?

citanul
09-16-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5 handed. blinds are 100/200 which will move up next hand. You are sitting good at 1600. You are CO with QJsuited. You raise to 500. Very tight solid BB goes over the top with his 2400. You fold. 84 next hand so you fold. Sb pushes your BB when you hold J2, fold. Button pushes on your SB, fold. You are sitting at 650 chips on the Button with 5 players left when just 2 hands ago you had 1600.

Is this the type of play you where refering to?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, as i would never, ever make a raise to 500 with only 1600 in my stack.

i don't have any clue at all what it is you were trying to describe in fact ?

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

citanul

09-16-2005, 12:52 AM
How about 2750 ITM at 150/300. What is your play with Q10 suited from Button?

citanul
09-16-2005, 01:00 AM
that's closer to being a question, but not really so much.

go read the FAQ, and in particular read the "what is a hand" part written by scuba chuck. post specific hands, in the main forum, not in this thread.

things change when you're itm, you should know your opponents pretty well.

readless, without knowing your opponents stacks and such, i'd push QT from the button i believe.

citanul

golfcchs
10-02-2005, 02:43 AM
I was just wondering what stats you should look at in PT and SNG tracker to find leaks and such, for people playing 22 and 33. For example what a good intm form buble % I have 74% which seems kinda low, but I still have a decent ROI. What stats would stand out in a good or great player vs. someone just beatting the 22's?