PDA

View Full Version : English puzzle - how many punctually correct "had"s in a row?

Spaded
07-28-2005, 05:03 AM
It's a popular one, so let the OOT'ers have their fun if you have seen it before. The idea is to type the word "had" as many times in a row, with correct punctuation. It does not have to be all in the same sentence.

UPDATE: The correct word order is this: John while James had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher
Just make it correct by putting punctuation marks on it... it's a grammar whore competition! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Piiop
07-28-2005, 05:08 AM
Just now, I thought the word "had" so many times that I threw up a little in my mouth.

jdl22
07-28-2005, 05:08 AM
I can get 3 I think. I'm sure there's a way to get more.

Before joining 2+2 sexual experience wasn't something most OOTers had had. Had they known that getting rich playing poker could help gain said experience, they should have never gone to OOT and stayed in the strategy forums.

Spaded
07-28-2005, 05:22 AM
Actually, this is sort of how I first saw the question:

Place the proper punctuation marks on these words to make the phrase correct:

John while James had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher

RocketManJames
07-28-2005, 05:23 AM
I played Scrabble with a buddy of mine, Mr. Chad Had. Had Had had HAD on the final play of the game, he would have beaten me. But, he didn't.

Kinda cheated with the name, so you can score this as 4, 5, or 5.75. Not sure.

-RMJ

rusty JEDI
07-28-2005, 05:25 AM
I guess you could add someone with the name like Lee Harvey Oswald to Had Had Had. First middle last. Add a hyphon to the last name if its a girl who hyphonated her maiden name Had with her husbands last name Had.

So using your sentence changing ooters to the name Had Had Had-Had would look something like.

blah blah blah something Had Had Had-Had had had. Had blah blah.

Not sure if thats cheating or not though.

rJ

Jack of Arcades
07-28-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

John while James had had had had had had had had had had had a better effect on the teacher

[/ QUOTE ]

John, while James had "had," had had "had had"; "had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.

battschr
07-28-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

John, while James had "had," had had "had had"; "had had" had had a better affect on the teacher.

[/ QUOTE ]
My head almost exploded just now.

DasLeben
07-28-2005, 05:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

John, while James had "had," had had "had had"; "had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TheTROLL
07-28-2005, 05:28 AM
You've got to exclude quotation marks, or it becomes trivial:

The piece of paper carried the text "had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had......."

Spaded
07-28-2005, 05:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Missing one "had"

diebitter
07-28-2005, 05:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I played Scrabble with a buddy of mine, Mr. Chad Had. Had Had had HAD on the final play of the game, he would have beaten me. But, he didn't.
-RMJ

[/ QUOTE ]
Ripping you off:
I knew a Mr. Had Had Had, who married a woman called Had Had Smith, but who took his last name once married - he was some guy, Had Had Had. Had Had Had had had Had Had Had on their wedding night.

Spaded
07-28-2005, 05:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Ripping you off:
I knew a Mr. Had Had Had, who married a woman called Had Had Smith, but who took his last name once married - he was some guy, Had Had Had. Had Had Had had had Had Had Had on their wedding night.

[/ QUOTE ]

One better. ...he was some guy, Had Had Had. Had Had Had had had Had Had Had. Had the condom actually worked on their wedding night, Had Had Had Jr. would not have been born.

RocketManJames
07-28-2005, 05:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Ripping you off:

[/ QUOTE ]

One better. ...he was some guy, Had Had Had. Had Had Had had had Had Had Had. Had the condom actually worked on their wedding night, Had Had Had Jr. would not have been born.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if we're going to play rough...

In a faraway land was an entire civilization that could only speak one syllable, Had. A combination of various gestures with their limbs, intense blinking of their four eyes, and speaking was their form of communication.

Zibby, the leader of his people, opened his mouth and gave his speech.

"Had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had
had had had had had had had had
had had had had had had had had had had had had had had had
had had had had."

-RMJ

diebitter
07-28-2005, 05:49 AM
vnh

Jack of Arcades
07-28-2005, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

John, while James had had "had," had had "had had"; "had had" had had a better effect on the teacher.

[/ QUOTE ]

FMP.