PDA

View Full Version : help with icons?

boooomer42
07-24-2005, 06:29 PM
just got the 2 monitors set up a week ago... i'm loving it so far... but i have one problem.. every time i restart or shut down my comp... when it comes back all my icons are back onto the right screen... i want them on the left screen which is the primary monitor... everytime so far i've just dragged them over every time but its becoming a hassle.. any way i can get them to stay on the left monitor? thanks in advance for help

StevieG
07-25-2005, 07:52 AM
It might be that Auto Arrange is doing this to you.

Try right mouse clicking on the desktop. In the context sensitive menu that appears you should see "Arrange Icons By >". Go into this submenu and see if "Auto Arrange" has a checkbox next to it. If it does, try unchecking it, and see if that does not help with your issue.

danzasmack
07-25-2005, 10:30 AM
check your video card settings. I only know this for windows - but go to DISPLAY, it will label one of your monitors the primary (1) and the other (2). Check those settings out because it will put them on your (1) screen every time.

07-26-2005, 07:47 AM
This might sound kind of dumb, but you could always just physically switch your monitors. Make your left monitor your right one and vice versa.

MrTrik
07-26-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This might sound kind of dumb, but you could always just physically switch your monitors. Make your left monitor your right one and vice versa.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, no doubt. It did sound dumb.