PDA

View Full Version : Heads-up play

Psycho21
07-23-2005, 09:11 PM
I usually play limit cash games, so I don't have much experience with sng's. I play them on occasion when I get bored. I have been rather successful with sng's of late (party 50&100), but I have not been able to win any, usually finishing second. I wanted to know if any of you guys have specific strategies when going heads up as the chip leader or from when you are behind. Thanks for any advice

bmxreed36
07-23-2005, 09:21 PM
Usually when you are heads-up, the blinds are pretty huge. You can't sit and wait for premium hands, you just have to be aggressive, take the blinds whenever possible and hope to win if called. See after the first 3-4 hands how your opponent is playing and respond to that. If you are actually playing many flops with him and he is aggressive, slowplay and check-raise often even sometimes with hands like 2nd pair. If he is being passive, bet alot. Sometimes there isn't really much you can do as it is almost a crapshoot at the end when you both get a decent hand. I guess my real advice would be to not just sit there and fold away your whole stack, I love it when I get heads-up with someone like that.