PDA

View Full Version : Moving PT database

Spartan1983
07-23-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm getting a motherboard/processor upgrade on my PC. My nephew who is doing it said he has to reformat the hard drive. Can someone tell me how to transfer my PT database from my PC to my laptop until I get the upgrade completed. Can I connect the 2 right together and do it. thanks

Sniper
07-23-2005, 04:40 PM
Why would he need to reformat the hard drive in order to do a motherboard upgrade?

In any event, you should be regularly backing up all the data on your hard drive anyway.

Spartan1983
07-23-2005, 04:53 PM
My nephew is doing it, he's the computer expert. Anyways he said when he did his he was able to save some programs but lost any programs that had a register key. It's some new motherboard (1GB) that processes without all the info having to go thru the RAM 1st or something like that. When he starts talking computers, he loses me real quick.

mmbt0ne
07-24-2005, 03:39 PM
Is it a PostgreSQL database or an Access db? Both can be transferred, but differently.

07-24-2005, 08:29 PM
Why are you using Poker Tracker? It isn't a very good program, there are better out there. I thought we couldn't talk about specific websites and software?

gojacketz
07-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Moving the databases is very easy, I have done it many, many times. Copy the mdbs to a CD or another hard drive, email Pat with your intentions (new system), send him the registration code and he will send you a key to unlock the full PokerTracker.

Gojacketz

gojacketz
07-24-2005, 09:11 PM
Isn't a very good program? Have you used it? What is better? I have no idea of your intentions of this post, but I disagree wholeheartedly - I have tried everything out there and PokerTracker is far and away the best I have seen.

Gojacketz

Spartan1983
07-25-2005, 09:08 AM
thanks for your help. I agree, PT is a great program and has really helped my game.

07-25-2005, 10:42 AM
I downloaded his demo and didn't get it. I play a lot, I need something that is better. The nut game browser from Odysseus Software is better. It offers more. I am just wondering why PT gets so much pub in these forums?