PDA

View Full Version : Hitting the breaks with burried aces

beta1607
07-22-2005, 08:22 AM
7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street - (0.50 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 3: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.90 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (3.45 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks

6th Street - (3.45 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

River - (6.45 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx___checks

Total pot: (6.45 BB)

BeerMoney
07-22-2005, 08:41 AM
I rike it.

sexdrugsmoney
07-22-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

5th Street - (3.45 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks

6th Street - (3.45 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls
Hero: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks___calls

[/ QUOTE ]

Question: Did you check anticipating a bet from the possible flush on 6th?

beta1607
07-22-2005, 09:36 AM
I was unable to put seat 1 on a hand and the /images/graemlins/heart.gif were extremely live which made me think he likely hit a draw, when he checked 6th I knew I was ahead and did not want to give him another free shot at a hand to beat me. On 7th when I failed to improve to 2 pair+ I did not see the value in a bet with 2 opponents.

soultwist
07-22-2005, 11:26 AM
Seems really solid. I'm curious what seat 4 is doing? Can he really have split kings and think he's behind to your pocket aces or is he on some type of a draw as well?

Bartholow
07-22-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm not sure I've EVER seen anyone go for a checkraise on 5th after catching the third suited card. Of course that doesn't make the check bad, because he could easily have a pair and 4 flush. But I still lean towards betting in this situation. If you had 2 pair, then you need to be more careful because you don't want to be forced to fold when you have very profitable outs, but with just one pair at this point, you don't really mind if he checkraises and you have to fold.

arod15
07-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Why check 5th? Id fire one to see where he was at. Otherwise looks fine.

beta1607
07-22-2005, 03:20 PM
On 5th I couldn't imagine what I was ahead of but when it was checked around to me the 2nd time on 6th I knew I was ahead or my opponents were donkeys or both.