PDA

View Full Version : so many regular 2+2 posters

curtains
07-21-2005, 07:17 PM
berate the bad players at my tables. Its really unbelievable. Why cant you all just stop it.

citanul
07-21-2005, 07:17 PM
yeah assclowns, stop that [censored].

citanul

EricW
07-21-2005, 07:18 PM
I hate poker coaches: "DO YOU NOT KNOW HOW TO PLAY POKER!?!?!?!"

curtains
07-21-2005, 07:23 PM
Just had 2 regular 2+2ers doing it within a span of 3 minutes....and since everyitme I post something like this Daliman asks me on IM if it was him, no it wasnt you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

citanul
meanwhile, there is nothing wrong with a nice sarcastic:

nice call.

when someone calls with a better hand than yours that they shouldn't have called with.

citanul

curtains
these were nothing like that, more across the lines of "you are a fish, you suck etc etc whats wrong with you you stupid idiot etc etc"

tigerite
07-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Yes I see this too. I do my best not to say anything when I've had a bad beat. Some assclown was going on at some "fish" (who eventually beat me HU, he was actually ok) for calling him with KJ to his AK on a K high flop and hitting runner-runner straight, he wouldn't shut up, until I eventually said "would you have preferred him not to call".. then all went quiet.

Funny that, eh?

curtains
07-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Of course this happens all the time, however in these cases they were regular 2+2 posters who made these comments.

EricW
07-21-2005, 07:29 PM
It's the best when the poker coaches are giving lengthy lectures about pot odds and why the other player was wrong on their move. It's quite funny actually.

Another great thing is when someone takes a bad beat and starts berating the other player AND starts going on and on about how the site is rigged while they're not even seated on the table anymore.

Freudian
07-21-2005, 07:31 PM
It's stupid and it's -EV to berate other players.

cleinen
07-21-2005, 07:35 PM
I don't like when ppl do that either. I think its some sort of ego trip or something.

Freudian
07-21-2005, 07:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like when ppl do that either. I thinks its some sort of ego trip or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it has everything to do with insecurity. Perhaps they should replace the berating with "my dad is stronger than your dad".

morgan180
07-21-2005, 07:43 PM
there is nothing more annoying than this. you should thank people who make bad plays. personally i think anything sarcastic, rude, abusive, etc. is just stupid. why do you want to rile up the people you are trying to take money from? most people at the table just peg you as the jerk to take out and spend the whole game plotting against you.

personally i turn my chat off so i don't have to deal with any of it.

but really - show some maturity and restraint and be thankful there are people out there that make bad plays all day long.

hyde
07-21-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

nice call.

when someone calls with a better hand than yours that they shouldn't have called with.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid the sarcasm is not always clear, too many think they made a nice call......which is long term +EV however...

I think a better response is nr
nice result

It showed up on Atlantic Trout a few weeks ago. I like it.

SlackerMcFly
07-21-2005, 07:44 PM
If someone is really a jerk, I'll usually start berating myself. "Dumba*ss Slacker, you shoulda folded that garbage." Slack's an idiot!

That kind of thing tosses them for a loop especially if you really get over the top in kicking your butt on every play.

Try it, you'll like it.....

SlackerMClown

tigerite
07-21-2005, 07:58 PM
Well the guy who did the KJ suckout, later on folded 99 in his SB to my button push, and as I had A8o, I was very thankful for it. He said "anyone but you and I call" so hey, being nice to the "fish" can have a positive result.

morello
07-21-2005, 08:11 PM
I've seen 2+2 posters berate fish at the $215 sngs, and then say stuff like "Don't you know anything about ICM?" "You didn't have any fold equity", "With my pot odds I was going to call regardless" and things of that nature.

It's one thing to call them morons, it's another to clue them in to the fact that maybe these SNGs aren't so straightforward.

curtains
07-21-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah its unbelievably stupid. I lose so much respect for someone when I see them berating a player like that.

curtains
07-21-2005, 08:16 PM
lol, the 2+2er is still at it, just called someone else a fish. So pathetic.

johnnybeef
07-21-2005, 08:17 PM
Slacker, you have got to be the dumbest piece of dog sh*t i have ever met.....berating your self, gimme a f'n break. do us all a favor and quit posting here.

The Yugoslavian
07-21-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

lol, the 2+2er is still at it, just called someone else a fish. So pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're *sure* it's not Dali? This really sounds like Dali.

Hmmm....

How about Fiery?

Oh wait....Raptor probably is 35k away from his car by now and losing it....yeah, gotta be him.

Yugoslav

lacky
07-21-2005, 08:25 PM
nah, raptor's hangin with the girly. Does sound like dali..

Steve

SlackerMcFly
07-21-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If someone is really a jerk, I'll usually start berating myself. "Dumba*ss Slacker, you shoulda folded that garbage." Slack's an idiot!

[/ QUOTE ]
Quoting Biffcake: [ QUOTE ]
Slacker, you have got to be the dumbest piece of dog sh*t i have ever met.....berating your self, gimme a f'n break. do us all a favor and quit posting here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Slacker, you suck! Go play checkers or something your feeble mind can understand. You are beyond stupid and dorky. You personify stupid and you smell bad.

Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon. You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?

SlackerMcGag

The Yugoslavian
07-21-2005, 08:29 PM
Wow...did you also go to the Pinko-Commie-[censored] school of self-esteem?? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Yugoslav

curtains
07-21-2005, 08:30 PM
its definitely not Dali /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Yugoslavian
07-21-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the plan was to hang wit da batches after he got the shaggin' wagon. Hmmmmm.

Yugoslav

valenzuela
07-21-2005, 08:39 PM
I reberate.
joe: how can u push with J2
me: maybe ,maybe one day ull get it.(when Im angry)
Or
jimmy: he calls with overcards, ha what an idiot( attacking a fish)
me: shut up , u suck...why do u complain?? what kinda idiot complains becuase he wins a 75% of the time.
I also berate players that say " anthr party special " or " in party 2 outer= win"
But Ive only berated one player like described above, I think it was because of all the bad beats.

valenzuela
07-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Also since I twotable only, chatting is nice and fun. And whats better that getting involved with another player who thinks who has a clue, that adds a lot of fun to the SNG and it makes u me wanna win more, specially when I run to someone who did have a clue after all.

ilya
07-21-2005, 08:56 PM
i am guilty of this unfortunately. generally i do this when i feel unsure about a play i made earlier. so i compensate for this insecurity by calling people morons when they make plays that are even WORSE. i'm always making resolutions with myself not to do it anymore, but it's hard.

Sponger15SB
07-21-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

nice call.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I always flip out on someone when they call my bubble push with AA and I've got some garbage and I lose, is that bad?

Onaflag
07-21-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

berate the bad players at my tables. Its really unbelievable. Why cant you all just stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out 'em! That'll learn 'em! Unacceptable behavior by 2+2ers. Out 'em!

Onaflag...........

curtains
07-21-2005, 09:01 PM
If you are obviously joking or your ranting is not malicious towards anyone else I have no problem with it. I made VERY loose call (If I posted it without details everyone would think I was a total beginner) against this person whose been insulting everyone, and was surprised to not get insulted as well when my hand held up.

07-21-2005, 09:01 PM
whenever i get a bad beat, i just tell the guy who beat me that he's the worst player i've ever seen in my life, and i hope he dies penniless and drunk in the gutter with no family or friends.

i think they usually know i'm joking.

The Don
07-21-2005, 09:02 PM
I always go with the "nh" when I get sucked out on. If it is a REALLY bad call I will go with the sarcastic "nice call."

It does piss me off when people do the old "typical party" or "unreal" after a suckout where they were 3-1. Whenever this happens and I notice it I tell them the exact odds of that particular occurence.

curtains
07-21-2005, 09:03 PM
My favorite is the guy who plays the 109s who always says "i hope you get cancer". For anyone whose played with him, hes joking around and just does it for fun. I told him once he was too predictable, but he said he mixes it up sometimes with "AIDS instead of cancer.

curtains
07-21-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Out 'em! That'll learn 'em! Unacceptable behavior by 2+2ers. Out 'em!

Onaflag...........

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll out them but only if they insult me.

FieryJustice
07-21-2005, 09:04 PM
I sure as hell tell people "nice fish" every time they outfish me...whay else am I supposed to say???

The Don
07-21-2005, 09:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My favorite is the guy who plays the 109s who always says "i hope you get cancer". For anyone whose played with him, hes joking around and just does it for fun. I told him once he was too predictable, but he said he mixes it up sometimes with "AIDS instead of cancer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I know this guy. One time I went to a Redskins game (in DC) dressed in all Giants apparel. I was quite intoxicated and made a huge deal about every little thing the Giants did well. The redskins fan next to me polite told me "I hope you die of cancer."

durron597
07-21-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think about telling players that they make loose calls that subtract from both their equity and your equity.

07-21-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also try "I hope you develop Crohn's Disease."

The Don
07-21-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think about telling players that they make loose calls that subtract from both their equity and your equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't like it... I think more equity is gained when all of these players are making loose calls against eachother than amount you lose by getting called.

Newt_Buggs
07-21-2005, 09:16 PM
This REALLY bothers me as well.

I did find it amusing though when a 2+2er berated me for pushing trash into his BB and sucking out.

durron597
07-21-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Don't like it... I think more equity is gained when all of these players are making loose calls against eachother than amount you lose by getting called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless they're all playing the bubble passively.

DonButtons
07-21-2005, 09:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I sure as hell tell people "nice fish" every time they outfish me...whay else am I supposed to say???

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing?

Newt_Buggs
07-21-2005, 09:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is even worse

its easy to loose track of all of the times that you've made it through the bubble by doing nothing after someone made a terrible call. You want them making bad calls, even though in certain situations it does hurt you. Just tag them with a note and adapt accordingly in the future.

FieryJustice
07-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I suppose I am just an insecure kid that gets saddened any time he loses over 3k in a day or to 15 3 outers in a row...intodays case, it was both. Plus, they all were really nice fishes.

citanul
07-21-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suppose I am just an insecure kid that gets saddened any time he loses over 3k in a day or to 15 3 outers in a row...intodays case, it was both. Plus, they all were really nice fishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you do anything but whine?

<font color="white"> jk </font>

citanul

curtains
07-21-2005, 10:14 PM
Cmon you are multitabling the $215s. 3k is a joke and you know it. If you can't handle losing that kind of money with dignity you should probably play a lower buyin.

Apathy
07-21-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Cmon you are multitabling the $215s. 3k is a joke and you know it. If you can't handle losing that kind of money with dignity you should probably play a lower buyin.

[/ QUOTE ]

where's gothenburg?

curtains
07-21-2005, 10:24 PM
gothenburg?

Apathy
07-21-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

gothenburg?

[/ QUOTE ]

never mind.. just checking...

axeshigh
07-21-2005, 10:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

It does piss me off when people do the old "typical party" or "unreal" after a suckout where they were 3-1. Whenever this happens and I notice it I tell them the exact odds of that particular occurence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't you see why telling them the odds is as bad as berating them?

kasey2004
07-21-2005, 10:41 PM
I used to do this before i ever thought twice about it. Then i realized that it was just retarded to be making fun of horrible players, when they are just going to give there money away in the future.

/images/graemlins/spade.gif Kasey /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Wes ManTooth
07-21-2005, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The same guy said this to me at least a dozen times, i remember each time I made a note on it and he had the better hand when we got it all in but I hit outs everytime... man he must have been pissed, he even told me that party was rigged.

curtains
07-21-2005, 10:42 PM
I love that guy I wish he'd move to the 215s for my amuesment. He was of course a solid player however..

asherpuppy
07-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Sklansky says it best in one of his essays. I can't quote him exactly, but the basic idea is that the "fish" might be playing because he enjoys it or thinks it's just pure luck. If you make it no fun for him (by berating him), or you demonstrate to him that he is at a real disadvantage (by talking pot odds or the like), he'll just stop playing against you and fold when you're in.

I think this is particularly critical in SnG's. If you just lost a bad beat, then that less skilled person has plenty of chips to lose. If he won't play you, then, you can't take his chips and you're at a significant disadvantage to the other players.

Beyond that, it just isn't nice to insult people.

11t
07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Don't feed fish /images/graemlins/blush.gif

microbet
07-21-2005, 10:58 PM
I don't berate people for making loose calls. Not even if they are very solid 2+2'ers and shouldn't have made the call and suck out on me and then make a post the next day on a similar hand where they say that position is a fold.

curtains
07-21-2005, 11:03 PM
lol

45suited
07-21-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Beyond that, it just isn't nice to insult people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. Plus, I don't want to inspire any spite calls, so I keep pretty quiet, unless I suck out on someone who's been talking [censored] the whole game. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ZeeJustin
07-21-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a tool. Be nice to the fish. You want them coming back. You also don't want them to be intimidated by you. This should all be rather obvious.

curtains
07-21-2005, 11:23 PM
Strange, the 2+2er I was referring to who was insulting everyone was ZeeJustin....

curtains
07-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Joking about ZJ of course...I got 2 IMs just now asking if I was serious.

starvs
07-21-2005, 11:30 PM
My only chat response is "I'm horrible". Saves everyone alot of time.

kyro
07-21-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Joking about ZJ of course...I got 2 IMs just now asking if I was serious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you said that. I had lost some respect for him because I'm too dumb to notice a joke.

jon462
07-22-2005, 12:35 AM
Am I the only one that picks a fight with the instigator when this happen? If some fish makes a loose call and sucks out on some sap who then starts berating the fish, about 80% of the time if he doesnt shut up soon I pick a fight with him. Partly to distract the fish and stick up for him (you are such an idiot, he made a great call).. and partly cuz I just hate nits..

Degen
07-22-2005, 12:40 AM
if there were no variance, there would be no fish

the sooner people fully understand that the sooner they can begin to become at least *tolerant* of bad play and beats.

when something especially brutal happens to me at the table and i feel like bitching i just say something like 'fun game aint it?' or 'i love poker'

and tapping glass should be considered like a mortal sin around here, especially at the higher levels...whoever is doing this ish ought to stop it like YESTERDAY

joeblo
07-22-2005, 12:42 AM
I used to get mad and type "what a joke" when i got bad beat, but I noticed that when I get upset and start berating people, it takes me out of my game even more and it has a negative effect on me more then anything else. Now, all i type is "NH" and just move on to the next hand.

I don't know about the others here, but when I get emotional, it totally affects how I play. I used to have this same problem playing live ring games. As someone posted earlier, I think I'll be turning off my chat as well so I dont have to deal with anything like this.

jeffraider
07-22-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that picks a fight with the instigator when this happen? If some fish makes a loose call and sucks out on some sap who then starts berating the fish, about 80% of the time if he doesnt shut up soon I pick a fight with him. Partly to distract the fish and stick up for him (you are such an idiot, he made a great call).. and partly cuz I just hate nits..

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the same thing, and I only chat on three occasions:

1) Pick a fight with a fish-basher ("Dude if you were better at poker you wouldn't have lost, he made a really good play.")

2) Apologize for a brutal suckout ("Sorry man really good call you deserved it."

3) Kiss someone's ass for claiming to make really tight folds (I push the last five hands and someone says, "Ah, only have JJ, can't call you." "DUDE that's crazy I had QQ! Really great fold! Wow!")

There's actually an STT poster that I noticed doing it a few weeks ago. He kept saying [censored] like "UNBELIEVABLE WHAT A FISH YOU ARE, ICM IS CRYING BECAUSE OF THAT MOVE" and "GREAT KEEP LIMPING AJo UTG YOU IDIOT ARGH". I mentioned that I was 2+2 as well and I had spotted a leak and that he should really just shut up but he didn't get it.

Bigwig
07-22-2005, 12:44 AM
I just can't help myself.

So I prevent myself: chat is off.

curtains
07-22-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I do also, it depends.

Degen
07-22-2005, 12:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

gothenburg?

[/ QUOTE ]

never mind.. just checking...

[/ QUOTE ]

thats where some dude that final tabled the WSOP is from and i couldn't find it either

where in the hell is gothenburg?

ChuckNorris
07-22-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, I do that too. It makes me feel so warm inside! I always try not to be too aggressive or obvious when doing it.

I also congratulate the villains who inform of the tough folds they have just performed against me.

Bigwig
07-22-2005, 12:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I've been wondering where ejm went.

I supposse it's time for me to move up to the 109s, since everyone else has.

DonButtons
07-22-2005, 01:07 AM
gothenburg is in sweden

viennagreen
07-22-2005, 01:28 AM
it's another example of how a little knowledge turns most people into absolute morons.. morans, excuse me.

stud7champ
07-22-2005, 10:21 PM
Too many posters that do not know what they are talking about. The blind leading the blind?

raptor517
07-22-2005, 10:22 PM
occasionally u will see me say such berating things as 'god yer good' and things of that sort. but i try to avoid saying you fu@#$@#% blow you 1@#$%@#^@^ fish idiot nag#@% batch you suck die death pain slow burn hell you me pwn u hax. but relaly, gots to be nice to bad players. keep em around as long as u can. too many people know how to play and multitable, that u need all the dead money in there as you can get. leave it at 'yer' good and quit. holla

skierdude1000
07-22-2005, 10:39 PM
ya, gotta keep the fish happy.

I just usually reply "nice hand" when I get crushed by some bullshit 1-3 outer.

Or rarely if I've been losing all day, I'll lecture them on odds and how much they suck and challenge them to headsup, but that's reallly rare because I like to keep these guys around so they pay me.

Shakespeare
07-22-2005, 10:45 PM
There always seems to be one ass at the table that starts with " Is the Player to your Left a Fish? ...."

Mr_J
07-22-2005, 11:05 PM
I guess you know what the deal is with that if you're making this joke, but I'm gonna ask if you know anyway /images/graemlins/grin.gif

So do you??

Sponger15SB
07-22-2005, 11:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There always seems to be one ass at the table that starts with " Is the Player to your Left a Fish? ...."

[/ QUOTE ]

I sometimes reply with "Yes, &lt;player to my left&gt; is terrible".

Other times I reply with "Yeah, last game when I check raised the flop he should have dumped his top pair low kicker. He doesn't know that pokerprohecy says I've got a 44% ITM at this level, and that pretty soon if he doesn't start pushing on the bubble he is going to lose a lot of money, mostly he should be pushing any two face cards or suited connecters, pocket pairs down to 66, but he hasn't, and it shows because I know his ROI is pretty low and he needs to improve his game by looking at lots of poker books such as Harrington on Holdem, etc."

That gets a good laugh.

durron597
07-22-2005, 11:13 PM
Whenever I type that sponger I get a "wtf is ROI" and give up.

Shakespeare
07-22-2005, 11:34 PM
YES /images/graemlins/wink.gif , but then again, I always think the person to my left is a fish anyway.

Sponger15SB
07-22-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I type that sponger I get a "wtf is ROI" and give up.

[/ QUOTE ]

just tell them to read the FAQ in this forum, give them a link to the website...

www . (no spaces) twoplustwo . com

SlackerMcFly
07-22-2005, 11:50 PM
What's a fish?

Never mind.... I looked it up in the dictionary and it had a picture of a T-bone steak. Also some obscure reference to avatar or some-such. Good to see you posting Shake!

Nick B.
07-23-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I didn't even play tonight and have only played 4 sngs the past 3 days, what is the deal with this post?

curtains
07-23-2005, 02:28 AM
lol, congrats it wasnt you! I don't remember seeing you berate anyone since I started 8 tabling.

zaphod
07-23-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

nice call.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not so sure about this. Myself i use to say nh or well played after my aa looses to KJ of. However i think it does nothing good at all. First of all it might tip the player that maybee he did not play to well, and he improves in the future. Secondly i think making this sort of comments gives you a negative attitude([censored] another bad bead) and can easily lead you to go on tilt, or at least you are not playing your A game anymore.

Best is simply to not say anything and just be happy that this player is staying around in the long run, donating his money to you.

trdi
07-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Well, but what would you do in this case:
You have 22 UTG, 4 left. All stacks are around 3500. You push, it's a tight table. The BB (he has 60 less than you)thinks...and thinks...and thinks...it goes to 55 seconds...50...40...24...CALL! He has AA! Guess what, you catch the deuce on the river. I mean, I just have to say something to the Thinker, who even "lol" me at the flop. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I mean...if this makes him call quickly next time in same situation, that's fine, isn't it?

Shakespeare
07-23-2005, 01:23 PM
It’s a proven fact that fish do not understand sarcasm, they truly believe you are congratulating their masterful play. The reverse is also true, if you don't understand sarcasm, you are a fish.

AA suited
07-23-2005, 03:05 PM
well, i'm guilty of sometimes berating blind stealers when they get knocked out.

this only happens when he constantly steals *MY* blind. and it doesnt matter who knocks him out.

and i make even more fun of him when he gets knocked out because the opponent sucked out.

I know it's bad, but it feels SO GOOD berating a constant blind stealer as he leaves the table. (See my post about mental heath.)

jon462
07-24-2005, 04:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well, i'm guilty of sometimes berating blind stealers when they get knocked out.

this only happens when he constantly steals *MY* blind. and it doesnt matter who knocks him out.

and i make even more fun of him when he gets knocked out because the opponent sucked out.

I know it's bad, but it feels SO GOOD berating a constant blind stealer as he leaves the table. (See my post about mental heath.)

[/ QUOTE ]

God, you would hate me at your table.

Daliman
07-24-2005, 04:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. It TOTALLY sounds like me.

Stupid fukin' Dali. QUIT BERATING THE PEOPLE WHO PAY YOUR BILLS! /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Daliman
07-24-2005, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be a tool. Be nice to the fish. You want them coming back. You also don't want them to be intimidated by you. This should all be rather obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. True. True. False. True

THATWACOKID
07-24-2005, 04:56 AM
I saw a very well respected 2+2er berate the hell outta this guy in a mtt. I was like hey, he's good I'm gonna be lik him and explode every time I get unlucky against a bad play. So I started berating. Then I just felt bad about it, and I rediscoverded all the other reasons why it's bad to discourage bad players from coming back so I stopped the berate parade. This post should really help the cause as a very well respeted poster has hopefully set a very good example.

NH curtains, you fish!

Stoneii
07-24-2005, 10:13 AM
I think also you have a Gothenburg in Nebraska

TRBNGR
07-28-2005, 03:24 PM
The beauty of nice call is that the other person really cant tell if your sarcastic or not, and as you mentioned they may just think your serious and my continue to donk it up. Nice result makes it clear that you think they made a mistake.

Runner Runner
07-28-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sometimes I do also, it depends

[/ QUOTE ]

I am doing this whenever I have time. I will usually call the instigator a classless punk several times and instruct him to take a beat like a man and quit being a baby. Usually the instigator is the type to play very weakly when the stacks get shallow so you can take his blind with all kinds of cheese. If he calls you and your 57o beats his AQs, be sure to immediately type "ship it".

EnderFFX
07-28-2005, 04:23 PM
Agreed. I think whoever does this needs to go the opposite route:

Say "good game, and good luck" and then fire up another SnG. I've seen people I play with react nicely to me and once in a while let me steal off of them because I was nice. (it's happened twice but it was nice) Don't mention 2+2, don't teach them how to play, be nice, don't be sarcastic and wish them luck. They are having fun, let them have it.

sng-sam
07-28-2005, 04:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"i hope you get cancer"

[/ QUOTE ]
I played with this guy on stars I think.

but the line of the week is..drumroll.....

"skillful"

SAM