PDA

View Full Version : Best Family Guy Moment

New001
07-21-2005, 10:19 AM
I looked through the last few months before getting bored of searching, and didn't see this one done yet. What's your favorite scene/line from Family Guy?

For me, it'd have to be in the Sexual Harassment episode where Peter tries to breast feed Stewie, though there are a few that come very close.

Victor
07-21-2005, 10:45 AM
diamonds: now she has to.

Soul Daddy
07-21-2005, 10:49 AM
When it was cancelled.

eastbay
07-21-2005, 10:50 AM
The Kool-Aid guy bit was pretty damn funny for someone my age.

eastbay

PokerBob
07-21-2005, 10:54 AM
2 that come to mind off the top of my head:
1- Stewie makes a crack about Lois's cooking and then says, "that's right, I went there." That slays me, but as does just about anything else he says.

2-When death puts an entire chicken leg in his mouth and then pulls it out with all the meat gone and says "Well, let's just say that when I was younger I made a few movies that I'm not particularly pround of." I love cock humor.

dtbog
07-21-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's your favorite scene/line from Family Guy

[/ QUOTE ]

Lois... if you don't clean this entire house, I'm going to get anal.

miajag81
07-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Some that come immediately to mind:

- Of course, the Kool-Aid gag from the first episode
- Stewie's "You Are The Weakest Link, Goodbye" rant
- Diane Simmons saying "Well Tom, I just plain don't like black people" when she thought they weren't on the air
- Peter: "I read about this in a book once." Brian: "Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't NOTHING?"

There are really too many great lines/moments from this show, I'm sure I'll think of many more.

schwza
07-21-2005, 11:15 AM
best moment in television:

peter is the doctor's office, maybe with some bad disease.

doctor: peter, you're fine
peter: wait a minute, are you hitting on me?
lois: no, peter, he's telling you you're healthy
doctor [pause]: can't it be both?

10 minutes later peter is talking to death...

peter: how'd you even track me down?
death: i had the information sent by your HMO
peter: look, i know the guy was hitting on me, but you don't have to call him names.

the doctor's line and death's line are hilarious in their own right, and peter's line tying it together is frickin' genius.

kipin
07-21-2005, 11:24 AM
http://peterendingstory.ytmnd.com

New001
07-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Just saw another that I had forgotten. From the Mob one:

Lois: Peter, thank god. Did you take care of... that thing?
Peter: That thing? Oh, oh, you mean that growth. Yeah, yeah, I had the doctor look at that.
-
Doctor: Mr. Griffin, that isn't a growth. That's your penis.
Peter: Oh. Well, what about the uh-
Doctor: Testicles.
Peter: Huh...

Oh, and:

Peter: Well, I would try to eat you really fast before I got flacid.

There really are too many of these.

New001
07-21-2005, 11:25 AM
I can't even put into words how happy that website makes me.

dlk9s
07-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I haven't watched it regularly since it came back, but I remember one partial quote from a couple years ago.

I believe Chris asked Peter a question, starting with, "What would you say if I...."

Peter responded by saying, "I'd say, 'Come now?' and then I'd laugh because I said, 'Come'."

Then of course, there's this one (full text courtesy familyguyquotes.com):

Stewie (to Jeremy, the babysitter's boyfriend):
"Ha! I got your hat! Take that, hatless! Now go back to the quad and resume your hackey sac tourney! I'm not gonna lay down for some frat boy bastard with his damn teether sandals and his Skoal Bandits and his Abercrombie and Fitch long sleeved, open stitched, crew neck Henley smoking his sticky buds out of a soda can while watching his favorite downloaded Simpsons episodes every night! Yes, we all love "Mr. Plow"! Oh, you've got the song memorized, do you? SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE! That is exactly the kind of idiot you see at Taco Bell at 1 in the morning! The guy who just whiffed his way down the bar skank ladder!"

Wintermute
07-21-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
diamonds: she pretty much has to.

[/ QUOTE ]

miajag81
07-21-2005, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
diamonds: she'll pretty much have to.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYFYP

astroglide
07-21-2005, 12:07 PM
the moment right before the first episode of the new season was shown

prizminferno
07-21-2005, 12:13 PM
End of the World episode when they are burning the guns with the mutated Stewie's coming, right after someone says they will never need the guns

"Hey [name], remember last week when you asked me what the definition of irony was?"

the guy gets attacked by a Stewie and falls into the fire

mwilli31
07-21-2005, 01:25 PM
When the guys on the show go camping and Joe gets on Peter about babying Chris. I forget exactly why, but a deer walks into the picture and says "I'll take care of the boy" (a la Bambi) and then gets shot and dragged away by some hunters.

Another great one in the Handicap Games episode when Joe sings a scale and then the robotic-voiced handicapped guy tries to sing it but can't.

Brad22
07-21-2005, 01:30 PM
"Lois, a boat is just a boat, the mystery box could be anything, it could be a boat!"

imported_Dozer
07-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssss

(If you've seen the Willy Wonka ripoff episode, you know what I'm talkin about)

DemonDeac
07-21-2005, 01:36 PM
"SHOW ME POTATO SALAD!!!"

when Joe is recieving CPR from a man and peter says, "aww gay"

Senor Cardgage
07-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Lately, I'm fond of the Hiroshima "worst day ever" skit.

The Glove
07-21-2005, 01:42 PM
The Evil Closet Monkey. He wasn't always evil.

Can anyone tell me which episode this is in? There have been several episodes with him, but I can't remember this one.

GP

New001
07-21-2005, 01:51 PM
"Ready, Willing, and Disabled"

Russ McGinley
07-21-2005, 02:57 PM
(Brian hits Stewie with a snowball in the ass)

Stewie: Good shot! You made my brown eye blue with that one!

Brian: Yeah? Next one's coming for your head!

Stewie: Oh no! Help! Help!

(runs behind tree and pulls out bazooka)

Brian: What the hell?

Stewie: NOW IS THE WINTER OF YOUR DISCONTENT!

(nails Brian with three huge snowballs)

tbach24
07-21-2005, 03:08 PM
At the comedy club when Brian tells Peter he's not exactly good with jokes and they do the flash back with Peter in a net surrounded by angry apes: "How many dirty stinking apes does it take to screw in a lightbulb? Three. One dirty stinking ape to screw in the lightbulb, and the other two dirty stinking apes to throw feces at eachother."

Phoenix1010
07-21-2005, 03:08 PM
<---- This is my favorite from the new episodes.

tbach24
07-21-2005, 03:13 PM
The other is in the election run with him vs. Lois when he does the commercial where he walks through the school with his jacket flipper over his shoulder and always has the desk to put his leg up on.

irishpint
07-21-2005, 03:15 PM
road to europe...

brian(while on tour bus in germany): uh ya, excuse me, there seems to be nothing in here about german history from 1944-1949
guide: everyone was on vacation
brian: vacation? you invaded poland!
guide: nope, we were invited, punch was served. (goes off on some loud german rant and does the hail hitler thingy)
brian: is that a beer hall? (points)
guide: oh yes, munich is renowed for it's historic beer halls

Duffman
07-21-2005, 03:32 PM
The part where Joe gets his new headphones so he can watch his Steven Segal movies while his wife sleeps.

RunDownHouse
07-21-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(goes off on some loud german rant and does the hail hitler thingy)

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't seen that one in a while, but the guide says something and then tells Brian that "You will sit down. You will be quiet," or something close to that.

TheIrishThug
07-21-2005, 03:37 PM
[shot of meg & friends at sleepover]
Lois: Peter don't. God, your hands like ice. Just here, give it to me. OOO, that will warm it up a little. Ohhh, that's nice.
Peter: OHH, OHHH OHHHH.
Lois: Peter wai...
Peter: SHAZZAAAMMMMM!!!

"Oh, yes, 'cause you've got such a heavy workload around here. Mmm… How you, uh, how you coming on that novel, you're working on? Eh? Got a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Got a, got a, got a nice little, nice little story you're working on there? That, uh, big novel, you've been working on for three years? Eh? Got a, got a compelling protagonist? Eh? Got a, a, got a obstacle for him to overcome? Eh? Little story brewing there, working on? Working on that for quite some time, mmm? Yeah? Talking about that three years ago, eh? Been working on that the whole time? Nice little, uh…narrative, uh, beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? Yeah? At the end your, uh, main character is, uh, richer for the experience? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? You got, uh…no, no, you deserve some time off."

"Oh, I know it hurts now, Brian, but look at the bright side: you've got some new material for that novel you've been writing. You know, the…novel, you've been working on? You know, the, the one, uh you've been working on for three years? You know, the, uh, novel? Got something new to write about now, you know? Maybe, uh, maybe a main character gets into a relationship? Suffers a little heartbreak? omething like, uh, what, what you've been, you've just been through? Draw from, uh, real life experience? Little, uh, little heartbreak? You know? Work it into the story? Make those…characters a little more three-dimensional? Little, uh, richer experience for the reader? Make those…second hundred pages really keep the reading guessing what's going to happen? Some twists and turns? Little epilogue? Everybody learns the hero's journey isn't always a happy one? Oh, I look forward to reading it."

Wes ManTooth
07-21-2005, 03:43 PM
not the best, but very good (http://www.alldumb.com/item/12706/)

ClaytonN
07-21-2005, 03:48 PM
Oh my god, they ate asian reporter Tricia Takanawa!
-So, what's the big deal? They're just gonna be hungry again in 30 minutes.

Golden_Rhino
07-21-2005, 03:56 PM
When they ask Quagmire to watch the kids:
"Well, in accordance with Megan's Law I am required to inform you that, uhh... you know what, that's fine, I'll take the kids."

When the golf ball destroys the china shop and the owner see the bull who was just browsing:
"I know exactly what you're thinking"

Peter runs over the Road Runner, gets upset over running over the "ostrich" and Wile E Coyote is riding shotgun:
"No, no, he's fine. Keep driving".

CourtesyFlush
07-21-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, this was one of the least funny scenes on family guy ever.

Kirg
07-21-2005, 04:10 PM
(Stewie sees Brian licking himself)
Stewie: Augh! What the hell do you think you're doing?
Brian: I'm cleaning myself.
Stewie: You were clean fifteen minutes ago, now you're just on vacation.

Stewie: What the hell is this?
Lois: Sweetie, that's tuna salad.
Stewie: Oh, is that what it is? Really? Because I could have sworn it was mayonnaise and cat food.

CourtesyFlush
07-21-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<---- This is my favorite from the new episodes.

[/ QUOTE ]

very good choice

rmarotti
07-21-2005, 04:17 PM
"Too soon?"

Uston
07-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Six words: chicken gave me an expired coupon.

mike l.
07-21-2005, 04:23 PM
when he's listening to what sounds like a police radio report but it's actually a rap song. i forget teh exact set up and punch line it just struck me as super funny

kyro
07-21-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when he's listening to what sounds like a police radio report but it's actually a rap song. i forget teh exact set up and punch line it just struck me as super funny

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter actually IS listening to a police radio station in hopes of finding a dangerous situation so that he can look like a hero in front of his family. Brian walks into the room and says "Is it just me, or is rap getting lazier?"

Bob Moss
07-21-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I looked through the last few months before getting bored of searching, and didn't see this one done yet. What's your favorite scene/line from Family Guy?

For me, it'd have to be in the Sexual Harassment episode where Peter tries to breast feed Stewie, though there are a few that come very close.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was the first thing that came to my mind.

B

Hal 2000
07-21-2005, 06:38 PM
-"Were you in an accident?"
"No, me father was a tree."

"Next up, this pair of panties we confiscated off a hooker."
"Fifty bucks!"
"She had 9 STD's."
"Forty-five bucks!"
"And when we arrested her she wet herself.."
"Fifty bucks!"

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-21-2005, 06:46 PM
"Who wants chowder?"

ClaytonN
07-21-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, this wins. I forgot about that one.

I also like the one where Peter is videotaping Stewiw riding in his bicycle and becomes enamored with a plastic flying bag like in American Beauty. And then it cuts to God who says "Oh my god, it's a freaking trashbag, you idiot! I had nothing to do with that! Agh!"

GoblinMason (Craig)
07-21-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also like the one where Peter is videotaping Stewiw riding in his bicycle and becomes enamored with a plastic flying bag like in American Beauty. And then it cuts to God who says "Oh my god, it's a freaking trashbag, you idiot! I had nothing to do with that! Agh!"

[/ QUOTE ]

You left off the best part:

"Do you have any idea how complicated your circulatory system is?"

-Craig

ClassicBob
07-21-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I also like the one where Peter is videotaping Stewiw riding in his bicycle and becomes enamored with a plastic flying bag like in American Beauty. And then it cuts to God who says "Oh my god, it's a freaking trashbag, you idiot! Do you know how complex your respiratory system is? Agh!"

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

ihardlyknowher
07-21-2005, 07:11 PM
"Diamonds - because she'll pretty much have to."

and it's not even close.

JMP300z
07-21-2005, 07:37 PM
"More Tea Mr. Bike??"

-JP

keats
07-21-2005, 07:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, this was one of the least funny scenes on family guy ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, this scene was way to long and completely unfunny.

JoeC
07-21-2005, 07:45 PM
Paraphrasing...

"I will name it Petoria. I was gonna name it Peter City, but that was already taken by the strip bar down by the airport."

kyro
07-21-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Paraphrasing...

"I will name it Petoria. I was gonna name it , but that was already taken by the strip bar down by the airport."

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Peterland and it's a gay bar.

Sorry, I'm addicted to FG and I hate seeing minor discrepancies. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

JoeC
07-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Sorry, obviously I haven't seen that in so long.

This makes me want to go out and rent the DVD set.

kyro
07-21-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry, obviously I haven't seen that in so long.

This makes me want to go out and buy the DVD set.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scotty34
07-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Fat girls need love too - but they gotta pay for it.

SoCalRugger
07-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Diamond commercial is good.

Also, from the Petoria episode:

"Any questions?"
"Yeah, uh, I don't get it. So, like, can the family understand the baby... or what's the deal with that?"