PDA

View Full Version : Gambling at an 11 (low content)

johnnybeef
07-19-2005, 11:03 AM
I just sat down in an 11 with the last $11 I had in an old empire account. First hand I am dealt K9o in the bb. UTG+2 pushes at level 1, and because 1. I fealt like gambling a little, and 2. I was really curious to see if he had JJ or TT, I decided to enlighten myself. Well as it turns out he has aces. In the chat box, he proceeds to say "K9????, you are such a fish." I got a good laugh out of it, and figured maybe someone else around here would too.

junkmail3
07-19-2005, 11:06 AM
I enjoy doing things like this on occasion. If you would have won, you would have pushed the next hand right?

durron597
07-19-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In the chat box, he proceeds to say "K9????, you are such a fish."

[/ QUOTE ]

You called a preflop allin with K9, that is a fishy move. But you knew that.

pearljam
07-19-2005, 11:08 AM
call him a fish and tell him you had pot odds.

Colonel Kataffy
07-19-2005, 11:12 AM
I always had a hunch that the real reason the 11s were so easy to beat was because of the all the higher level experts dicking around.

johnnybeef
07-19-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I enjoy doing things like this on occasion. If you would have won, you would have pushed the next hand right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good one! I mean, thats good in a fight club type of way when B. Pitt asks E. Norton which historical figure he'd like to fight and E. answers Ghandi.

Nicholasp27
07-19-2005, 11:20 AM
i love doing that in freerolls...if i don't have time to play from 6-2 unless i'm way up and so have a high chance of making money, i'll just push with all sorts of [censored]...sometimes i get a few breaks and end up at 10k chips or so and everyone gets pissed at me...then i get moved to a new table and get to do it all over again

Deuce2High
07-19-2005, 11:22 AM
Sometimes when I'm [censored] up I'll go into the 25NL games and push every hand to see how big my stack gets. I think I've gotten it to around 150 or so before. When people talk [censored] afterword I ask them to play me heads up in a 200 or 400 PL game. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

downtown
07-19-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When people talk [censored] afterword I ask them to play me heads up in a 200 or 400 PL game. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

+EV

johnnybeef
07-19-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes when I'm [censored] up I'll go into the 25NL games and push every hand to see how big my stack gets. I think I've gotten it to around 150 or so before. When people talk [censored] afterword I ask them to play me heads up in a 200 or 400 PL game. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont have enough $ in any of my poker accounts, otherwise this would have been my first statement to him.

Bluff Daddy
07-19-2005, 12:08 PM
I was f'n around in a $6 and pushed 86o one time and the guy that called me with pocket 5's and won then typed in thanks I thought it was funny that he thought he actually made the right play

Uppercut
07-19-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just sat down in an 11 with the last $11 I had in an old empire account. First hand I am dealt K9o in the bb. UTG+2 pushes at level 1, and because 1. I fealt like gambling a little, and 2. I was really curious to see if he had JJ or TT, I decided to enlighten myself. Well as it turns out he has aces. In the chat box, he proceeds to say "K9????, you are such a fish." I got a good laugh out of it, and figured maybe someone else around here would too.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that makes you a fish, what do you call someone who pushes AA at level 1, hoping to pick up the T25 in blinds? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

gildwulf
07-19-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that makes you a fish, what do you call someone who pushes AA at level 1, hoping to pick up the T25 in blinds? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Big Limpin' (drunk)

SuitedSixes
07-19-2005, 12:38 PM
What's a fish?*

*That's what I always type when someone calls someone else a fish or when the poker prophecy "Is the player to your left a fish?" ad comes up.