PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with the laggy/incorrect PP skins lobby?

gisb0rne
07-14-2005, 06:48 PM
The #1 thing that drove me back to PStars from Eurobet was the lobby. I would open the lobby at EB (or even leave it open) and click on an open table and lo and behold it would be full, or at level 4, or sometimes even completed! Often there'd be 3 or so tables "open" and I'd click on each one and they'd all be in play. I'd wait 1-2 minutes before more would appear and often they'd already be half full due to lag.

This frustrates me to no end. When I'm attempting to 8-table the last thing I need to do is spend 2-5 minutes trying to open a new table when I need it. How do you guys deal with this? Does it piss anyone else off (especially if you're having a bad session)?

Deuce2High
07-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Doesn't bother me at all.... I just mass click the 50+5 tab and mass click between the "All Tables" and "My Favorites" tabs.

Bigwig
07-14-2005, 06:50 PM
It's incredibly annoying, I know. This is how I deal with it: I continuously open full/active tables while swearing at the top of my lungs until I get one that is actually empty.

curtains
07-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Strangely I never have any problem with this at all. I click often on the hide full tables button as it seems to refresh sometimes. I click over and over, sometimes you have to do it more than once.

gisb0rne
07-14-2005, 07:00 PM
Ok I'm going to give that a try.

Slim Pickens
07-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Worse is when it's the same table you just busted on. I just remember the last two digits of every table I'm at or see is full, so when the lobby refreshes I don't have to find out old information again. That's at Empire and maybe their lobby sucks less.

Bigwig
07-14-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's at Empire and maybe their lobby sucks less.

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear it sucks more at Empire.

DasLeben
07-14-2005, 07:30 PM
I just uncheck "hide full tables" and wait for the list to jump. Once it does, I check the box again, and 9 times out of 10 there are new tourneys.

Big Limpin'
07-14-2005, 07:38 PM
ok, i actually know the answer to this one, which i have had confirmentd by emprire vip support:

The lobby only updates when it is the currently selected window on your desktop. So, when you are running a set, the lobby window , while open, is not selected. As such, it does not update for you. That is why after killinga set, and going back to the lobby, it is still showing tables as "registering" that were in fact filling when you sat at your last table, often from 40 minutes ago.

So...when you get back to lobby, just click to bring that lobby window to the forefront, and wait for 3 seconds. It will update the quick.

Those who have said to try such voodoo superstitions as clicking/unclicking "hide full tables", or popping back and forth between BI levels, well, they are correct int he sence that this does bring up a lobby update, but not for the reasons they believe. In doing that, they are simply selceting the lobby as active window. The lobby will update just as fast for them, but the methods they use are doing nothing but wear out the left mouse button.

PSA by BL'

Slim Pickens
07-14-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So...when you get back to lobby, just click to bring that lobby window to the forefront, and wait for <font color="red">at least 10</font> seconds. It will update <font color="red">to show tables that were empty 15 to 20 seconds ago, and may or may not be now depending on exactly when they were created.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp