PDA

View Full Version : Warning stats. 50,000 5/10

aslowjoe
07-14-2005, 01:59 AM
I still struggle mostly pre flop.My stats look a little different from the recommended 2+2 model. Right now I am probably more of a 23/16. I started a a bit tighter and have been cold decked for the last 8000k hands.
I believe I am missing the most amount of my VPIP and PFR in the blinds. I would probably be considered weak in the blinds. I know that I will get raked over the coals for my folded BB to steal and I am trying to change but seem to be making no progress. It is hard for me to put money in out of postion with an inferior hand. So please comment.

Is my VPIP low for the cutoff and bttn? is the PFR too low there? I do not mind being a bit tight UTG.
I would like to be 25/17. I am not sure I could win playing 30/20.
How is my % on check raise? Any other comments are appreciated.

I am also interested in paying a coach or at least some one to look at some past hands for obvious leaks.
http://http://img307.imageshack.us/img307/1151/500001copy0sc.th.jpg (http://img307.imageshack.us/my.php?image=500001copy0sc.jpg)

Sorry about the image. Another obvious leak.

___1___
07-14-2005, 02:05 AM
aslowjoe,

Geez, your blind numbers look great! Just steal more. Everything else looks pretty good to me.

___1___

sam h
07-14-2005, 02:11 AM
You are too tight in the blinds for my taste, but that doesn't mean you should change. I think those situations are marginal enough that you should not just start playing a bunch of hands just to change your stats if you are not comfortable with them. If you want to start adding some hands, a good place to open up your range is when you are BB and SB open raises. That way you will have position, and you also will get some experience playing some junk.

helpmeout
07-14-2005, 03:07 AM
Your numbers are fine.

Dont worry too much about preflop, 23/16 is good. Checkraise % anything near 2 is good.

A coach lol,worry about a coach when you move below 2bb/100.

Just move up and see how 10/20 goes.

aslowjoe
07-14-2005, 09:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just move up and see how 10/20 goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I have read on the forum it would seem that defending your blinds and player reads are the most important skills in 10/20 both of which I am weak at. Other then PT stats I take very few notes. With the PT stats everything seems so obvious so I don't pay attention enough to other smaller sublteties. It is something I am working on but does not come natural to me.

[ QUOTE ]
coach lol,worry about a coach when you move below 2bb/100.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought I get some help to prevent me from moving below 2 when I move to 10/20

In my gut I feel that my blind play is okay but I see a lot of other better players criticize my style. So I am looking into feedback of how much it could be hurting me and will it hurt more at 10/20.

From an open raise from SB I am now defending any reasonable 2. The other thing that I have changed a bit is I have lowered the open raising from SB to the 50% VPIP BB players. They call almost anything and I am out of postion how much of an edge am I gaining with Q9 and A4?

Also why did the image link post and not the image.

Thanks for the feedback

Cerril
07-14-2005, 12:02 PM
When I was trying to post the image, I had to mess with the URL a bit to get just the image and not the image plus ads or a thumbnail or whatever... once you get that, c/p tha within the image tags from the 2+2 button (rather than c/ping the 'use this link' link provided by imageshack). If you look at the link in your original post it shows nested image/img tags

sthief09
07-14-2005, 12:43 PM
maybe I'm wrong but this seems like a poorly masked brag post, or maybe you just have good perspective. if it's the latter I commend you. add hands if you feel comfortable doing so. you obviously can play postflop so it's your call. nothing wrong with 23/16 though

aslowjoe
07-14-2005, 04:13 PM
Thanks for your responses so far.I guess I am missing the point of one of my questions. Is my difference in VPIP and PFR all due to UTG and blinds?

I am intersted in paying someone to look over some of my hand histories. Please PM with some offers.

Victor
07-14-2005, 04:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
maybe I'm wrong but this seems like a poorly masked brag post

[/ QUOTE ]

im of the opinion that all stat posts are either brag posts or whining posts.

Victor
07-14-2005, 04:18 PM
i still dont understand the advocation to loosen up in the blinds. i have seen tons of tight blind players put up good numbers (just like this poster) yet there is always someone saying to loosen up.

in your opinion what is an ideal winrate in the blinds. i cant imagine its much better than this guys.

Jeff W
07-14-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in your opinion what is an ideal winrate in the blinds. i cant imagine its much better than this guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

For 5/10 6-max mine was BB -.11/SB -.01 but my stats were not too much looser than OP's. FSB~85, FBB~55.

Victor
07-14-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For 5/10 6-max mine was BB -.11/SB -.01 but my stats were not too much looser than OP's. FSB~85, FBB~55.

[/ QUOTE ]

my gawd that is sick. i think i have found my main leak.

sam h
07-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Hi Victor,

I'm not really sure about blind defense either. My fold to steal numbers are 82 and 48. That's what "feels" right to me and I know that are other posters who I respect a lot have advocated similar numbers on the low end of the spectrum or even lower in the past.

The OP is definitely doing well results-wise (better than me). But I don't know how much you can really gain from looking at those numbers. It seems like you would need a lot of hands, much more than 10K. I don't know what an ideal winrate in the blinds would be, but I don't think its very far off from what this guy is doing.

So I guess I'm not really sure. But folding 90% of the time to a steal in the SB seems really tight. At that point I imagine one is folding hands like A8s and 77. The 10-20 and 5-10 probably play differently this way, but against the 10-20 players that I am most used to, it seems like this is giving up way too much.

Anyway, the point of my previous post was supposed to be that I go for a looser style but that many styles seems to work for different players.

aslowjoe
07-14-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

maybe I'm wrong but this seems like a poorly masked brag post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im of the opinion that all stat posts are either brag posts or whining posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the words of Toby Keith "I am not as good as I once was, but once I am good as ever was"

When I was twenty maybe but at my age I have to save my testosterone for something important.

aslowjoe
07-14-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I guess I'm not really sure. But folding 90% of the time to a steal in the SB seems really tight. At that point I imagine one is folding hands like A8s and 77. The 10-20 and 5-10 probably play differently this way, but against the 10-20 players that I am most used to, it seems like this is giving up way too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what I am trying to figure out. I also have similar results at lower level but the stealing is less prevalent then at 10/20 so If I was staying at 5/10 or below I wouldn't change but I do plan on moving up so will I get killed with these type of numbers.

Yes I do fold A8s and A9s probably 3bet 77 and fold 55.

aslowjoe
07-14-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you have to adjust when you went higher or are these adequate numbers.

helpmeout
07-14-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From what I have read on the forum it would seem that defending your blinds and player reads are the most important skills in 10/20 both of which I am weak at. Other then PT stats I take very few notes. With the PT stats everything seems so obvious so I don't pay attention enough to other smaller sublteties. It is something I am working on but does not come natural to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your results in the blinds are good. People play different styles, some people defend too much some defend too little.
Its really your postflop skills that matters here.

Taking notes isnt hugely important either as long as you have something on someones style of play.

All you really need to know is:

Am I gonna call this guy down when he raises the turn or am I going to fold.

cartman
07-14-2005, 11:35 PM
Those results are impressive. The big blind in particular is phenomenal. Would you mine posting the section just below the "first action after a preflop raise" area that includes:

raise%/bet%/call%/check%/fold%/Agression Factor

for each street. It got wiped out in your original link.

Thank you if you have time.
Cartman

aslowjoe
07-15-2005, 01:49 AM
Hi Cartman.Any comments good or bad are welcome.

Thanks Ceril for tip on the image this time was so much easier.

http://img311.imageshack.us/img311/8531/2ndshotcopy9lk.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Subfallen
07-15-2005, 02:48 AM
Heh, over my first 10k 5/10 hands before my computer with PokerTracker died, I was winning .03 from the SB.