PDA

View Full Version : Trips from BB (25 PLO)

jhall23
07-13-2005, 04:07 PM
25 PLO hand on Party

I ($50) have 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/heart.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the BB.

4 limps to me and I check (ok since I'm BB and oop?)

Flop ($1.50) J /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Check to Me, I pot it, called by MP who has me covered.

Turn ($4.25 ish) 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I check, MP bets 4, I call

River (11.50 ish) 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet just over 1/2 pot 6 bucks, MP raises to 20 and I fold.

Clearly I have to fold here, but I think I may have screwed this hand up on possibly every street especially flop and turn.

So PF I just check since I'm oop. Who raises here and do you pot it or make a small pot builder?

Flop, worth betting into a field of 5?

Turn, since I'm called should I just be done with the hand?

River, 6 was meant to be a blocking bet and I am sure I can safely fold to his raise.

Burdzthewurd
07-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Flop bet is ok, you have trips top kicker

Turn maybe lead for 1/2 pot or check-fold, someone has your case 5 they'll rarely raise without a boat if you bet 1/2 pot. The problem is you have AA, you might be better served to have something like AK5x instead, and have 6 outs against 5s full instead of 2 (assuming your case is out)

I don't see any good betting that river, you are beat by many flushes and straights (if they like to draw on paired boards) and any boat, check-fold it.

jhall23
07-14-2005, 09:11 AM
I think the turn is definetly the crux of my problem with this hand. Since the board is paired I should be able to get away with a bet less then the pot without being raised by a hand I am beating except by a tricky oppenent (or fishy opponent that thinks weak trips are good) and by doing so would pressure villian here.

Check calling just leaves me with no idea of where I am. I will probably try a turn bet in similar situations from time to time and see how that works.

I'm sure you just overlooked it, but you realize I have 4 outs (2 remaining aces) against 5's full and not 2.

Not saying the river bet is good here, but just to explain. It's carried over from holde'm. The board is pretty scary and I have a hand I am not sure is good or not. I make a value looking bet as a blocking bet to price myself in to see the showdown for less then a full pot bet. Since the board is scary villian won't be raising anything that I beat. He might even be scared and fold a straight or a flush. Though I'm sure he wasn't specficially drawing to straight or flush since there were 0 draws on the flop so we can discount his chances unless his sidecards hit him.

adam74
07-15-2005, 08:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure you just overlooked it, but you realize I have 4 outs (2 remaining aces) against 5's full and not 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure that as 4 outs?

autobet
07-15-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Not raising is okay.

You have trips with an Ace kicker. You are the favorite to have the best hand and have an easy bet.
No. You are a favorite to be good here. His most likely holding is a five with live kickers, so you should usually bet the turn for value and to protect your hand. You are also trying to find out if your hand is good (gain information). By checking your opp could bet any five.

[/ QUOTE ]

jhall23
07-15-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure that as 4 outs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brainfart /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

jhall23
07-15-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Not raising is okay.

You have trips with an Ace kicker. You are the favorite to have the best hand and have an easy bet.
No. You are a favorite to be good here. His most likely holding is a five with live kickers, so you should usually bet the turn for value and to protect your hand. You are also trying to find out if your hand is good (gain information). By checking your opp could bet any five.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks guys, this spot is making more sense to me now.

If I bet the turn and face a pot sized raise is the default move to fold unless we have a good read that player is a donk that overvaules weak trips.