PDA

View Full Version : A couple 3/6 hands...

SomethingClever
07-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Ok, let's get this out of the way first. I'm a weak-tight noob who dropped to 3/6 despite everyone's advice to the contrary.

I just think the biggest problem with my game right now is psychological, and until I can get my emotions under control, I need to play where the money doesn't feel so significant.

On to the hands....

This I think was perfectly played. Disagree?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO folds.

River: (9.66 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Final Pot: 11.66 BB

Hand 2: Standard turn check?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.16 BB

Hand 3: Villain is loose and bad. Umm... your river line?

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets....

PokerBob
07-13-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I just think the biggest problem with my game right now is psychological, and until I can get my emotions under control, I need to play where the money doesn't feel so significant.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this shows a great deal of self-awareness that I'm sure many of us lack. Good for you.

PokerBob
07-13-2005, 03:15 PM
I c/r the flop and lead the turn in hand 1. There are just too many cards that I don't want to see on the turn to just call here. That said, I don't hate your like. What are you doing if paint hits?

I think I bet the turn in hand 2 and check behind on the river or fold to a c/r. If I hold QQ, I check it though.

I think I'm giving up on the turn in hand 3. I'm not sure I bet the river there. I do with a really weak /images/graemlins/heart.gif, but IMO villain is likely calling only with a hand that beats you, but will bet a weak /images/graemlins/heart.gif if you check to him. I guess I'm going against Clarkmeister here. I play bad.

Lost Wages
07-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Hand 1)
I usually bet the flop. Your line works fine when the turn is a blank but I'm not usually that lucky. Do you bet the river if the board doesn't double pair?

Hand 3)
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is loose and bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad passive or bad aggressive? I prolly check/fold the turn.

Lost Wages

SomethingClever
07-13-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I c/r the flop and lead the turn in hand 1. There are just too many cards that I don't want to see on the turn to just call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.. that's why I waited until the turn to c/r. My equity in the pot could go way up or way down... yeah?

As it stands on the flop... I probably have the best hand, but I can't make overcards fold (since it's probably correct for them to call my c/r anyway). Also, if CO has been slowplaying a J, he'll raise, and I can safely fold.

Not sure if I check/call or check/fold the turn if paint hits. Depends on what paint, and what CO does.

SomethingClever
07-13-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually bet the flop. Your line works fine when the turn is a blank but I'm not usually that lucky. Do you bet the river if the board doesn't double pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I didn't bet the flop was because I thought MP could raise a wide range of hands here. AK, AQ or KQ for a free card, a J or an overpair for value.

I hate to bet the flop, call a raise, give a free card on the turn to overcards.

Yeah, I think I bet the river even if it doesn't double-pair. Just because I get calls from some strange hands.

PokerBob
07-13-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Well.. that's why I waited until the turn to c/r. My equity in the pot could go way up or way down... yeah?

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. I just like to get my money in when I think I am ahead. Something to consider, however, is that if he has overs, your turn c/r could likely whiff and that would SUCK.

SomethingClever
07-13-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bad passive or bad aggressive? I prolly check/fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't seem overly aggressive.. just kinda like a loose calling station.

The turn was probably kind of a bad bet, but I thought it was my only chance.

I was going to check/fold the river, but then I thought, screw it, Clarkmeister his ass.

He ended up calling, I prepared to lose the pot. I was very surprised... MHIG.

SomethingClever
07-13-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Something to consider, however, is that if he has overs, your turn c/r could likely whiff and that would SUCK.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point.

Willluck
07-13-2005, 04:09 PM
hand 1: I bet into MP on the flop, and hope he raises to fold CO out, then after he raises I generally 3 bet and fold to further aggression from him.

hand 2: I bet the turn, check the river or fold to further aggression.

hand 3: I generally check-call that river.

Jeff W
07-13-2005, 04:11 PM
Hand 1 I check-raise the flop. Waiting till the turn is SSHE paranoia.

It's a 3-way pot with no draws and the check-raise has two excellent benefits: It prevents you from giving a free card on the turn and loses the least against better hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Edit: I played a similar hand (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=mediumholdem&amp;Number=266595 5&amp;Forum=f4&amp;Words=-re%3A&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Main=2665955&amp;Search=tr ue&amp;where=bodysub&amp;Name=11131&amp;daterange=1&amp;newerval=1 &amp;newertype=m&amp;olderval=&amp;oldertype=&amp;bodyprev=#Post26 65955) that I posted last month.

SomethingClever
07-13-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like the worst possible line. Why would you want to check/call as a dog?

I can see bet/fold, check/fold... check/calling just seems awful to me, no offense.

Jeff W
07-13-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can see bet/fold, check/fold... check/calling just seems awful to me, no offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather check-raise than check-call. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Of course I'd much rather just check-fold.

SomethingClever
07-13-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd rather check-raise than check-call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-raising here would be absolutely sick, especially if he paid off with his ace-high no-heart crap!

Willluck
07-13-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That seems like the worst possible line. Why would you want to check/call as a dog?

[/ QUOTE ]So...you don't think he will bluff here? Bet/fold is dumb, because if he isn't going to bet what makes you think he is gonna call down with a worse hand, and if he is loose wtf makes you think he is gonna fold a better hand here? check/fold or check/call are your only lines here, IMO.

SomethingClever
07-13-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So...you don't think he will bluff here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do think that checking this river greatly increases the chances that you'll be bluffed at.

However, if you check, he might also bet a K or a Q that he could have folded had you bet. He will also be more likely to bet baby flushes that he would have called or *possibly* folded.

I'd estimate he has to have probably a J high flush to raise here.... so when you bet, I don't think you'll have to /fold very often.

Willluck
07-13-2005, 08:40 PM
number 3 deserves some attention, IMO.
BUMP!