PDA

View Full Version : Something I am trying to do 20% of the time to......

PokerBob
07-11-2005, 11:46 PM
....punish those who are too aggressive. These guys are too aggressive. Who hates? Who loves?

Party Poker (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
I raised and they all called. The converter is on crack.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks..... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

timprov
07-11-2005, 11:58 PM
I think you need to tell us your plan.

baronzeus
07-11-2005, 11:59 PM
Umm, let them raise your bet on the flop then check/raise them on the river (or maybe turn?)???

Entity
07-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Preflop action isn't important here?

Lurker4
07-12-2005, 12:02 AM
assuming you opened in SB and aggro BB called, I like flop bet/call, and check/raise turn. Most overaggro players will raise flop w/wide range and probably bet turn w/almost everything they'll raise the flop with after you just call the flop bet.

Mig
07-12-2005, 12:10 AM
I think it's not a good flop to check here... Not raggy enough . THere is a LOT of possible draw considering everyone limped and you have to charge them for that. Unless you know someone late position will bet when checked to you have to bet here I think the flop is way too drawy to not bet...
Too many possible draw to let it checked behind.

DMBFan23
07-12-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There is a LOT of possible draw considering everyone limped and you have to charge them for that

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll charge them double when someone inevitably bets, at the price of occasionally getting to three bet.

Mig
07-12-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
someone inevitably bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming he is a TAG, only douche bad and idiots will bet this flop when a tag raise OOP preflop than check it vs 4 people in the pot... They usually hav overpair or just hit their set and want to be tricky... If a tag check that and I have JTo I will be more than happy to check behind and charge him 2 bet on the turn when he see he missed his c/r and bet the turn like an idiot /images/graemlins/smile.gif after I just completed my str8/flush for free

PokerBob
07-12-2005, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
someone inevitably bets

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming he is a TAG, only douche bad and idiots will bet this flop when a tag raise OOP preflop than check it vs 4 people in the pot... They usually hav overpair or just hit their set and want to be tricky... If a tag check that and I have JTo I will be more than happy to check behind and charge him 2 bet on the turn when he see he missed his c/r and bet the turn like an idiot /images/graemlins/smile.gif after I just completed my str8/flush for free

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a set up play. When I raise AK-AJ in similar situations, I want the punks to give me a free card. I wnat them wondering what is coming when I check.

Mig
07-12-2005, 12:36 AM
IF they are that agressive it's a good place to bet-3bet I think /images/graemlins/smile.gif.. Anyway since they are so aggro, it's a good play by I think that with such a drawy board you should just let it checked around but since they are very aggro I doubt it will...
Why wasn,t it raised preflop if they are agrro ? /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jeff W
07-12-2005, 12:37 AM
I hate it so much on this board.

Alobar
07-12-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate it so much on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on where the aggresive guy is sitting, its not necessarily a bad play. If the guy is on the button and hero can force the field with 2, then its a great play.

ckessel
07-12-2005, 01:00 AM
Well, maybe not hate, but definately don't love. I've actually been trying this myself, but I'm doing it about 50% and its only when I flop 2-pair or higher. Even 2-pair I won't slow play on this kind of board.

Once in a great while I'll try it with TPTK if the board is a complete rainbow or I have additional outs myself (flush/straight)

The problem here is there are potential flush and straight draws and multiple opponents. I don't like the slow play in those conditions. If you can depend on a late bettor to check-raise and force 2 people to call 2 cold, then I'd like it more.

ggbman
07-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Someone will definitly bet and you can C/R which is good, however if you bet someone almost certainly would have raised, which would have allowed you to 3 bet.

Gabe