PDA

View Full Version : Ray Zee's Essay.

09-23-2001, 10:42 PM
O.K. class, I know you've read all the other essays here on 2 + 2 but now it's time to read the latest. Zee man has created a matter of fact evolutionary essay that talks of stages of a poker players growth. Is it a great essay? I'm sorry Ray, I don't think it's great. Is it worth reading? More than that. It is worth reading a few times.

It is in my opinion a good reflection of the poker experts rise through the ranks. It certainly is not a detailed account of how one goes from beginner to expert but it sets the stage. Or maybe it brings to mind memories of ones own growth path. Ray doesn't delve into the psychological aspects of playing winning poker or detail the many skills necessary to gain expert status. He just matter of factly, in Ray Zee style, tells you that this is the way it is. I found it interesting because I consider myself an expert that has a lot left to learn. I thought of myself and my experiences when I read each stage that Ray identified. During each phase I said to myself "Well gee I've been there and done that". That for me was what made the essay worth reading, reflection.

It is a simple essay. Easily read and understood. No fancy talk. No pointed "you must do this" kind of advice. Really no advice at all. Just plain talk from a guy that's been there, done that. So, please read today, tomorrow there will be a test. (maybe)

Vince

09-24-2001, 02:37 PM
Vince, you failed to tell us just which stage you are in now???