PDA

View Full Version : Gimme feedback on this hand, Kings of ML!

sexdrugsmoney
07-09-2005, 03:13 AM
Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 20.75 BB

thesharpie
07-09-2005, 03:15 AM
Too much aggression factuh. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Kumubou
07-09-2005, 03:19 AM
Overplay overpairs much?

I do not know if I three-bet the flop, as I tend to give waaaay too much respect to PP goons when they do something like checkraise the flop (that and I am a nit). That usually means he has more than a relatively weak TP. A lot of people here would 3-bet anyway, so it probably is not too bad (either he's a bit aggro with TP+draws or he has some trash two-pair which you have plenty of outs to counterfiet).

[edit: Except he did not cap the flop.. odd. Then slow down at the turn 3-bet... Did he decide to stop-and-go with a set just because it would be funny?]

Once he caps it, you have to figure his hand is legit, and the turn raising is just rampant spewing. Congratulations, on the river you either managed to scare bottom boat into thinking you have exactly TT, or you really did counterfiet his two pair (or was he just donking out).

-K

TomBrooks
07-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Whoa Dude. Just call down from the turn 3bet onward. This guy has more than just top pair I think.

Wizard0965
07-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Without any reads on UTG I'm calling down the three bet on the turn. And calling any bet on the river. There is no reason to reraise as the BB has already folded.

sexdrugsmoney
07-09-2005, 03:44 AM
He had 5-6 offsuit and made the straight on the turn.

Stupid me for forgetting people cold call pf raises with anything at Party .5/1.

Cheers
SDM

bottomset
07-09-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He had 5-6 offsuit and made the straight on the turn.

Stupid me for forgetting people cold call pf raises with anything at Party .5/1.

Cheers
SDM

[/ QUOTE ]

your turn cap and river raise were much worse than his coldcall

edit: he didn't coldcall, he limped(a pretty big mistake with 65o) then called the raise(fine i guess)

your turn cap and river raise are both pretty close to 1BB each errors, which are huge

his limp is maybe .7SB error

NDHand
07-09-2005, 05:27 AM
Woah slow down on the turn bucko! The turn raise is "aight" depending on your villain read however definitly slow down after he 3-bets.

imported_CaseClosed326
07-09-2005, 05:28 AM
I am jumping on the cool down on the turn bandwagon. Just call down the three bet.

newfant
07-09-2005, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (8.50 SB) 4, 3, T (4 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, UTG raises, MP1 folds, Hero 3-bets, BB calls, UTG calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you'll see the type of action quoted above quite a bit when someone has a draw. That is, villian raises, but he doesn't cap your 3-bet. When that happens, we can probably put villian on 65 or 52 (those are the only possible draws) although sometimes you'll see this same action with top pair. A set or two-pair will likely cap.

Don't worry about trying to put villian on a hand based on position. Like you said, donkeys at 0.5/1 limp from any position with anything.

On the turn, now that one of the possible draws has come in, you've got to respect that 3-bet and the river raise is spew.

sexdrugsmoney
07-09-2005, 07:04 AM
This is why I think I'm losing money guys.

5-6 never factored into my thinking, I'm thinking trips or KK or AA and both are unlikely.

Low Limit is killing me.

(I'll calm down on the aggression, many thanks)

TomBrooks
07-09-2005, 07:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
5-6 never factored into my thinking

[/ QUOTE ]
56 never factored into my thinking either. I didn't even bother to think about it much. I would have slowed down on the turn no matter what cards were on the board, just based on the betting pattern.

sexdrugsmoney
07-09-2005, 07:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
5-6 never factored into my thinking

[/ QUOTE ]
56 never factored into my thinking either. I didn't even bother to think about it much. I would have slowed down on the turn no matter what cards were on the board, just based on the betting pattern.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny thing is PT has this guy pegged as a fish using Bisonbison's autorate guy, yet inside the last two hours I've seen him make $60, and he's no maniac or LAG.

What gives ?

newfant
07-09-2005, 07:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing is PT has this guy pegged as a fish using Bisonbison's autorate guy, yet inside the last two hours I've seen him make $60, and he's no maniac or LAG.

What gives?

[/ QUOTE ]

Short-term win rates don't mean much.

As far as big pockets go, just be aware that they lose value on each street if they don't improve. Like Tom said, you can slow down on the turn just based on the fact that villian is still pumping the pot then.

keep reading and posting here and thinking about your hands and eventually you will figure out how to beat these low-limit games.

TomBrooks
07-09-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Funny thing is PT has this guy pegged as a fish using Bisonbison's autorate guy, yet inside the last two hours I've seen him make $60, and he's no maniac or LAG. What gives ?

[/ QUOTE ]
They win sometimes too. This is a good thing. If they never won, they would give up.