PDA

View Full Version : Less suckouts at 2/4 SH?

kapw7
07-07-2005, 04:09 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP is decent, UTG is an idiot LAGbut not exactly a maniac

Preflop: Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds

TomBrooks
07-07-2005, 04:39 PM
What Suckout? MP might have had A /images/graemlins/club.gif KQJT9 /images/graemlins/club.gif or some other high clubs and would have been correct to call down.

RIVER: I don't like the fold. MP looks to have made a flush, but I would call to be sure. Maybe he is taking a shot to steal the pot on the chance you've been firing with just overcards or you are capable of laying down a weak made hand to a straight scare card. He could have been playing A /images/graemlins/club.gif K-J/images/graemlins/club.gif etc. and had nothing.

Edited: Fixed River comment as Hero is last to act.

kapw7
07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

RIVER: Check looks good, but I would have called MP's River bet, especially since you might have induced a bluff with the check. He could have been playing A /images/graemlins/club.gif K-J/images/graemlins/club.gif etc. and had nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

But: Hero is CO. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

handsome
07-07-2005, 05:08 PM
re: the title why would you there are less suckouts short-handed? But anyway, damn, sucks that you don't close the action on the river.

Dead
07-07-2005, 05:10 PM
bad beat posts are lame Kapo.

deception5
07-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Tough laydown, but looks good.

kapw7
07-07-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Not necessarilly a bad beat post. I hate bad beat posts. (And bad beats). Let me explain:

The title has a question mark. Was it a suckout? Just wanted to see what people would advise for the river and whether the title would affect objectivity.

deception5
07-07-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The title has a question mark. Was it a suckout? Just wanted to see what people would advise for the river and whether the title would affect objectivity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only hands I can think of that you beat are KQ bluffing the river, 99 playing wa/wb or splitting with JJ.

You are behind AA/KK/QQ/TT/AK/AQ/AJ/AT.

If it were heads up I think you'd pick off a bluff here often enough, but with 3 players at the river I think this is too often an ace that doesn't want to get checked through.

pryor15
07-07-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He could have been playing A /images/graemlins/club.gif K-J/images/graemlins/club.gif etc. and had nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, that would give him the wheel.

Rev. Good Will
07-07-2005, 06:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

we rarely hear from you, and your only contributions to the microlimit forums is to ridicule somebody, especially for bad beat posts. what a hypocrite (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2185533&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=)

I should've done this a long time ago... [ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

VBM
07-07-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Not necessarilly a bad beat post. I hate bad beat posts. (And bad beats). Let me explain:

[/ QUOTE ]

not really a suckout. he nearly has odds the whole way to chase his gutshot, not to mention his some-of-the-time-good-A outs.

it sucks, but i think you played it fine and probably better than i would have. if you think about it, its highly unlikely he bet this river w/o an A.

TomBrooks
07-08-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He could have been playing A /images/graemlins/club.gif K-J/images/graemlins/club.gif etc. and had nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, that would give him the wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah. Disregard whatever I said above.

bottomset
07-08-2005, 02:16 AM
I think its best to not think in terms of suckouts .. since they are basically an illusion

remember 2outers have to hit 4% of the time on the river