PDA

View Full Version : Live game bubble hand... thoughts?

octaveshift
07-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Hoping to settle a dispute with a friend.

For the sake of discussion, I will be posting the hand with him as hero.

$30 buy-in. Top 2 positions pay.

Blinds: 80/160

Hero: t2500
SB: t6300
BB: t1200

Hero has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif and raises to t320

SB folds.

BB pushes all-in.

Hero????

___

Hero went into the tank for about 3 minutes, and called.

This was his rationale, as he explained it: He assumed villain was pushing unpaired paint. If he had a high PP, or AK, he would probably have reraised looking for action. He believed that he needed to seize chance to bust villain (a player he fears HU) even if he was only a slight favorite. If he calls and loses, he still has enough chips to play a few more hands. If he calls and wins, he is ITM with a decent stack.

So what do you think? (FWIW, I think this is a fold.)

kyro
07-06-2005, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hoping to settle a dispute with a friend.

For the sake of discussion, I will be posting the hand with him as hero.

$30 buy-in. Top 2 positions pay.

Blinds: 80/160

Hero: t2500
SB: t6300
BB: t1200

Hero has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif3/images/graemlins/spade.gif and raises to t320

SB folds.

BB pushes all-in.

Hero????

___

Hero went into the tank for about 3 minutes, and called.

This was his rationale, as he explained it: He assumed villain was pushing unpaired paint. If he had a high PP, or AK, he would probably have reraised looking for action. He believed that he needed to seize chance to bust villain (a player he fears HU) even if he was only a slight favorite. If he calls and loses, he still has enough chips to play a few more hands. If he calls and wins, he is ITM with a decent stack.

So what do you think? (FWIW, I think this is a fold.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's math it up. He needs to call ~900 to win ~1500 so he's getting 5:3 on his call. Needs about 37.5 chance of winning to break even. Thing is, if hero loses, he will be short stack and FE will be drastically reduced. I'd say hero need about 43-45% chance of winning to make this a call.

Actually, knowing the actual payouts would help. Is it very top-heavy? The more top heavy, the more I like the call. If 1st and 2nd get the same, I probably fold and try again.

11t
07-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Yah I probably fold this

What was your friend thinking min-betting from the button btw? If I was the SB and knew he min-bet with rags like this I'd be pushing back at him.

Also I don't think the BB can "play back at him" if he is getting involved it is for all of his chips.

octaveshift
07-06-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say hero need about 43-45% chance of winning to make this a call.

Actually, knowing the actual payouts would help. Is it very top-heavy? The more top heavy, the more I like the call. If 1st and 2nd get the same, I probably fold and try again.

[/ QUOTE ]

60/40 payout. (Lame, I know, but they refuse to adopt a 5,3,2 structure.)

kyro
07-06-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd say hero need about 43-45% chance of winning to make this a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

60/40 payout. (Lame, I know, but they refuse to adopt a 5,3,2 structure.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Clear fold then.