PDA

View Full Version : worst player you've ever seen? (low content)

rivered_again
07-06-2005, 04:15 AM
I ran into a very "unique" player today at 0.5/1 on PartyPoker. With stats of 68/15/3, he mostly fit the "maniac" description, but took it to a whole other level. I'm talking constant raising with no hand and no draw. Capping the river with 3 high and being shown a full house. This sort of thing happened multiple times. I was "priviledged" enough to play heads up twice with this player and crushed him both times, while being raised and 3-bet into. My bankroll thanks him.

Bluffing can be exciting, because sometimes you can get people to lay down better hands. But there's a time and a place for it, and micro limit online poker is NOT one of them! People are especially passive and will call with weak pairs and most draws. Hoping to bluff them out of a pot is almost never going to work.

So I added this player to my buddies list so I could seek him out in the future. Later that night, I saw he was playing at a $2/4 table! That's beyond my bankroll (and perhaps skill), so I just watched. He hadn't changed his style at all. I saw him go from $80 to $130 to $30 to $140 to broke in 30 minutes. People at the table were openly insulting him (which I never did when he was at my table... "don't tap the aquarium"), but it didn't seem to bother him; he kept right on trying to bluff everyone out of every pot and failing almost every time.

So that's the worst player I've ever seen online. Tries to bluff people out of every pot, not learning from the fact that it almost never seems to work. Not content to hemmorhage money at 0.5/1 with a horribly broken style of play, he decides to move up to a much higher limit! Great choice!

Just to show I'm not making this up, here is a typical hand played by this player. I edited the hand history so bison's would show him as the Hero. (This is NOT me playing!!!)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (19.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Kc 9c (one pair, jacks).
Button has 6d 6h (full house, sixes full of jacks).
Outcome: Button wins 23.25 BB. </font>

Anyone got any stories of players that are so bad you feel sorry for them?

Paxosmotic
07-06-2005, 04:21 AM
I know a guy who has never been able to get past break-even at Party's .5/1 tables. I play him in home games occasionally, and he honestly truly beileves he's god's gift to poker. He's not quite an "any two cards can win" person, he's almost a "any two cards I play can win" person. He is routinely one of the first people to bust during our games, yet blames it on cold cards every time. It's a real pleasure every time I get the chance to bust him.

deepsquat
07-06-2005, 04:22 AM
I played a guy at pacific a few months ago, this guys was playing $1/$2 and playing pretty much the same, he took every hand to SD, im not kidding u this guy went from $78 to $340 in about 1hour. He hit every draw, runner runner str8 and flush draw it was unbelievable. At 1 point he won about 7 pots in a row of about 20BB each with crap like J3o

1 hour later he was down to $30 and left the table. You wonder who these guys are, whether they are pros or high limit players working off a bit of tilt or what.

therockofgibraltar
07-06-2005, 05:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
whether they are pros or high limit players working off a bit of tilt or what.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many times they are but you can actually find "real" microplayers that play like that...

Dave G.
07-06-2005, 05:06 AM
I never feel sorry for bad players, bring them on I say. I can buy shiny things because of them.

Some players are maniacs and while they bleed money everywhere, they have to on some level know what they are doing; gamboooling it up. So that in and of itself doesn't make them "bad" in my opinion, because they know that they're probably going to lose all their money.

Now this guy is a bad player. He has no clue at all as to what is going on. I lost this hand, but afterwards I sat there absolutely stunned for a few seconds at villains holding.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Hero has 9d As (two pair, nines and fours).
Button has Qh Qs (two pair, queens and fours).
Outcome: Button wins 6.50 BB. </font>

Mooski
07-06-2005, 06:25 AM
He thinks you have a 4?

I'm not a great player, I admit it, I'm only playing maybe 6-7 hours per week in the nanos, but I'm wondering why you're chasing with a A9o, especially when the flop misses you and a Tx has you beat.

AlmightyJay
07-06-2005, 07:15 AM
I've got a few people on my buddy list with 100% VPIP over a decent amount of hands. Always amazes me.

But I've got the craziest maniac ever, as well. Over 55 hands, he has a 96.36% VPIP, with a 60% PFR, 3.17 postflop aggression, and 65.31% went to showdown.

Dave G.
07-06-2005, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He thinks you have a 4?

I'm not a great player, I admit it, I'm only playing maybe 6-7 hours per week in the nanos, but I'm wondering why you're chasing with a A9o, especially when the flop misses you and a Tx has you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a button vs the blinds situation. I raise A9o here because button is trying to limp in with what I think is an awful hand, and my hand figures to be significantly better than it. Regardless of what hand button is playing here, open limping from the button is NEVER correct.

I'm not chasing here at all. I fully expect to be infront before the flop and on the flop. I am betting with what is more than likely the best hand. The board is paired, so the chances that the flop completely missed the other two players is very high, and my ace high is currently best.

This would be different if UTG limped in. I expect UTG to have a significantly stronger limping hand. When the button open limps, though, it shows that he has no idea what he is doing. He is a bad player with a bad hand, and I am giving up value by not exploiting my edge over him with a hand as strong as A9.

Marquis
07-06-2005, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Regardless of what hand button is playing here, open limping from the button is NEVER correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, let's not get TOO carried away. If the blinds will never fold to a raise, certainly limping is better option in some cases.

KingOtter
07-06-2005, 09:35 AM
I almost never put people on my buddy lists because the fish are easy enough to find... plus I don't like waiting for tables. I just pop in and start playing. But this guy I did. I almost felt sorry for him, he played so bad. Villain is the same guy in both hands.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB

UTG+1 has 4d 5d (two pair, aces and fours).
Hero has Qc Ad (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.75 BB. </font>

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Hero has Ac Qh (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 9.25 BB. </font>

Must have had a flush draw in the second one. First one the river bet startled me a bit, so I just called, hoping there was no flush. What's that saying about 'Call 1 more bet on the river'?

KO

Mooski
07-06-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a button vs the blinds situation. I raise A9o here because button is trying to limp in with what I think is an awful hand

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough, I'm learning every day I come here.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not chasing here at all. I fully expect to be infront before the flop and on the flop. I am betting with what is more than likely the best hand. The board is paired, so the chances that the flop completely missed the other two players is very high, and my ace high is currently best.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm missing something. I like having an A in my hand too, but if he's been noted as a bad player, surely a 4-5 in one of the others' hand isn't too far-fetched, nor is a Ten.

[ QUOTE ]
This would be different if UTG limped in. I expect UTG to have a significantly stronger limping hand. When the button open limps, though, it shows that he has no idea what he is doing. He is a bad player with a bad hand, and I am giving up value by not exploiting my edge over him with a hand as strong as A9.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could it not be that he has a marginal hand, rather than a bad one? We all know (and I'm one of them) that players learning the game will go into a flop if they think they can get there cheaply.

Again, I'm learning, so open to some feedback.

Dave G.
07-06-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm missing something. I like having an A in my hand too, but if he's been noted as a bad player, surely a 4-5 in one of the others' hand isn't too far-fetched, nor is a Ten.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he could, but most of the time, based on the mathematics of probability, he won't. I don't expect to win this hand every time I play it. Sometimes he will have a 4 or a T and I will lose some money (and sometimes he will have a T and I will suck out on him and win anyway). Most of the time he won't have these cards and he's giving me money. My hand is strong enough that I can say that I expect to beat him more times than he will beat me.

[ QUOTE ]
Could it not be that he has a marginal hand, rather than a bad one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I meant this in a relative sense, in that his hand is, most of the time, going to be pretty bad when compared with mine. When you play heads up or short handed, high card strength is king (pun intended /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). I have an ace, he probably doesn't. If he does, he probably has a worse kicker. So most of the time, I don't have to improve to win; he does (and he will still lose sometimes when he improves as well).

Mooski
07-06-2005, 10:30 AM
Thanks Dave, nicely explained and it's duly noted. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

UATrewqaz
07-06-2005, 10:44 AM
Well I'd have to study my fish list to find the worst, but I did see a guy yesterday bluff raise the river with queen high.... against 4 people. Needless to say the straight and two pair were not impressed.

I have no problem with hunting down fish, morally. Let's face it, they WILL lose their money, it's going to happen and it's their own fault, the question is simply can I get a piece of it.

hemstock
07-06-2005, 10:54 AM
How about this? Its beautiful not only to have a player that doesnt know 3-betting and capping his straight on the river when theres a flush draw out there is not a good thing but have 2 of them. I know i shoulda raised pf.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, UTG (poster) checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (16 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.50 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 25.50 BB

SB has Kc Jc (straight, king high).
BB doesn't show.
UTG+2 has Kd Jd (straight, king high).
Hero has Js As (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 25.50 BB. </font>

Dave G.
07-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Well, here's another hand I thought was fun (and profitable!). Check out MP2s play for some true buddy action. I think that every hand should have an MP2 like this one. To this day I wonder what the hell he had.

(I guess he could be on an OESD or something, but probably not... a busted OESD isn't calling the river bet).

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

River: (22.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 31.75 BB

Hero has Jd Jh (three of a kind, jacks).
Button has 6s 6h (three of a kind, sixes).
Outcome: Hero wins 31.75 BB. </font>

Petro
07-06-2005, 11:20 AM
Once a month or so, I'll run into the special type of maniac that loves to 3-bet and cap with weak draws and garbage hands, but tries to get sneaky with his made hands by slowplaying.

Then you'll see genius stuff like this. I guess the pleasure of showing 27o when your opponent folds is worth 7BB:

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

SB has 8c Ac (three of a kind, aces).
CO has 2h 7c (one pair, aces).
Outcome: SB wins 14.50 BB. </font>

evans075
07-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Any reason why you didn't raise this preflop?

AASooted
07-06-2005, 02:02 PM
I don't have any HHs here, but last night I watched a guy call a raise in BB pre-flop and then fold first to act after the flop. It must have been a REALLY ugly flop for his hand.

evans075
07-06-2005, 02:10 PM
I've done that with 3-4 handed on the BB with something along the lines of JTs with a crap flop and didn't want to bother with it knowing I was going to fold to a bet which I knew was going to happen.

chopchoi
07-06-2005, 02:17 PM
I like playing against this type of player heads-up, but there is nothing I hate more than playing with them in multi-way pots. I have a good hand that may or may not be the best (e.g. AQ with a QJ9 flop). I basically want to get to the river cheaply, but this lame-ass is over here raising like he does every hand, and some other player is re-raising him. Is he re-raising because he really has a hand, or because he knows the guy is a maniac and probably doesn't have anything? They cap every street, and I call down. Maniac has 3 high, and the other guy has 2 pair. Really, this situatiuon pisses me off more than a bad beat. I really hate it when a bad player raises and forces me to give more chips to another player.

sean c
07-06-2005, 02:40 PM
I have a classic. 9/18 Live. I am BB with 66.
Five of us see a flop for one small bet each.
Flop 67Jr I bet folded to MP player who calls button raises I three bet MP limp/capps Button calls I cal.
Turn: 2 I bet MP raises Button folds I three bet MP capps I call.
River: K I bet MP calls and flips over pocket kings! He limped pre flop capped flop and turn when behind and just called with the immortal nuts on the river.

zuluking
07-06-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With stats of 68/15/3

[/ QUOTE ]

At Party Poker, these stats are common at lower limits. I don't put someone on the list unless they have a VP$IP of 80+. As of now, there are over 300+ names on my list.

Jaran
07-06-2005, 04:23 PM
Besides myself? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Jaran